I'm doing time on the elliptical machine, while watching "The Hunt for Red October" on my Storm using my Sony noise-cancelling headphones. At the end of my workout, I decided to call my wife. So I stopped the movie, closed out the media player and went to the phone app.

As it was ringing I remembered - "Duh. This doesn't have a microphone," and immediately hung up. I unplugged my headphones, plugged in and put on my wired mono headset (not a Bluetooth fan, sorry - wires are better for me!) and dialed again.

And the weirdest thing happened - the Storm was giving me audio both via the headset AND the speaker, simultaneously!

I told my wife I'd call her back and tried to fix the problem, but the same issue kept taking place using different headsets, hitting the "handset" button on the phone app, etc. Only shutting off the device and restarting did the trick.

Has anyone else run into this glitch? FWIW, I've got a day-one release Storm built in Canada, running the official .75 Verizon OS.
    01-08-09 01:11 AM
    Weird, I use both BT and wired headphones all the time and I switch back and fourth without any issues. A few times I have my BT in my pocket and it was on by accident and I was listening to music and it kinda froze up a bit when someone called but I was talking through the BT after a few seconds of wondering why I couldn't hear anything. I did unplug my headset though.
    01-08-09 01:14 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD