I originally had a Palm Treo (boy is that dating me). I synched with Outlook. I switched to a BB Storm and now am using a Storm 2 (9550).

Haven't used Palm in ages.

On some calendar events a note is added: "<<_PalmData_.dat>>"
    These occur on old events and also on recurring events.

I can delete it, synch but it keeps coming back on a regular basis.

Not a big deal in the realm of things but was wondering if anyone else has this issue.
    11-12-10 10:17 AM
    I originally had a Palm Treo (boy is that dating me). I synched with Outlook. I switched to a BB Storm and now am using a Storm 2 (9550).

Haven't used Palm in ages.

On some calendar events a note is added: "<<_PalmData_.dat>>"
    These occur on old events and also on recurring events.

I can delete it, synch but it keeps coming back on a regular basis.

Not a big deal in the realm of things but was wondering if anyone else has this issue.
    you must be syncing to a pc, correct? I find that to be an archaic, awful way to maintain calenders. I use PC's, my Storm, and my Touch's for calendaring. the SIMPLEST method is to use google sync--it syncs every device I have, automatically.

years ago I had a Handspring device (like a Palm) and it was such a PAIN to sync to a PC! Not just ANY PC, but the one that had the desktop app on it. After a database failure lost ALL my appointments, I switched to other apps, and finally, to google calendar. never been happier, when it comes to keeping track of appointments.
    11-12-10 10:20 AM
    Yes I am synching to a PC. I would synch to Google calendar but I thought that it only saves calendar events for a short period of time. I like to save all the old events.
    11-12-10 10:37 AM
    Yes I am synching to a PC. I would synch to Google calendar but I thought that it only saves calendar events for a short period of time. I like to save all the old events.
    ??? I've got events on there from 2008, which is when I started using it.
    11-12-10 10:44 AM
    Thanks for the tip -- I will certainly try it.
    11-12-10 11:05 AM
    I downloaded Google sync.

Options include: Keep events for previous 4 weeks.

Wondering if events would be deleted from Google calendar, BB or both.
    11-12-10 11:18 AM
    I downloaded Google sync.

Options include: Keep events for previous 4 weeks.

Wondering if events would be deleted from Google calendar, BB or both.
    I've got events on my Storm's calendar that sync with google calendar, going back to Feb 2010. Like I said before, on my Google calendar online, it goes back to 2008 when I started using it. It's easy to backup the calendar to a file, also...I do that periodically.
    11-12-10 11:33 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD