I only have a few apps loaded. I never run any of them and exit completely when I'm done with them. They're things like WeatherBug, and NFLMobile and I have them all set where they don't do anything until I open them, etc.

The only apps that are up all the time are CrunchSMS, YouMail, and Memory Booster.

Tonight I started having an issue where every time YouMail checked for messages it was telling me the "certificate" was expired. There didn't appear to be a place to just accept the certificate forever so I blew it off. Not knowing what to do I just shut off the autocheck feature and will just get notified when I get notified. I really don't need to have it check "just in case" I didn't hear a call when I was out of coverage, because I'm never really out of coverage.

Now to the issue: I did a Memory Boost and suddenly my number of Java Objects shows to be WAY out of line. Usually it's in the low 100 thousands, like 122k or 135k. Suddenly I'm at 500k and my memory is just GONE.

I'll do a manual boost, my memory will explode and my java objects will drop dramatically, and 30 seconds later they start climbing like crazy again.

Any thoughts on what might be happening?

Also, is there an app for the Storm2 which will show me exactly what is sucking up my memory or running all these Java Objects and then tell me what I can do to modify or ****can the app?

Thanks in advance for your help.
    07-18-10 10:13 PM
    There's no app to show what's using memory because RIM doesn't open the handles. Have you tried a regular battery pull?
    07-18-10 11:10 PM
    Your YouMail issue should be gone now. Had the same error earlier when trying to log in after an OS update. No problems now.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-18-10 11:17 PM
    Cool. Thanks. It seems to have controlled itself but I haven't reactivated the autocheck.

I really dig this phone and don't want to switch to a Droid X or iPhone (even if Verizon gets it), and wish we could get more apps and better features. All in all though, it's the best phone I've ever had.
    07-19-10 04:17 PM
    BlackBerry App World - Kisses the spyware detector Is primarily a spyware detector app, but it will show what processes are running in the background of your phone. A lot like "task manager" in windows. It might help you some, best of all, it's free!
    07-19-10 05:11 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD