I got this email this morning. Along with an odd attachment, ETP.DAT (204 B)
    I don't understand what it is. Scam? Spam? I didn't try to open the file of course.
    What the heck is this? Anyone else get one?

-------------------------------------
    This message is used to carry data between the BlackBerry handheld and an associated server. Please do not delete, move or respond to this message - it will be processed by the server.

BEGINETP 103
    AatWr6UAAAAAIBAIMzA0OTZFMzMgE0RBTUlBTkBDT01BUkxURC 5DT00AF5XVzFAGUklNX0lN
    A0CAgICAKgAAMCtTKzAA3l9NT9QjAC5nGvypk/9o8wAZ5Ert+OtuDulpCvXbsDmVmQ!!
    ENDETP 2107050124
    ---------------------------------------
    12-08-08 12:07 PM
    Might be a BREW message. DO a search here for BREW messages and see if that's what it is.
    12-08-08 12:09 PM
    this is a bes email. i got one too. Its not a scam. Were you trying to set up a bb enterprise email?
    hmm, i have never seen it ... might have something to do with the email ??? have you recently resent your service books ?
    I am not on BES, and haven't tried to mess with anything related to BES.
    BREW? Isn't this the java programing language? How is that related?
    I resent service books yesterday, but I got this message today. I've sent service books many times and never got a message like this.
    Everything is working fine, I'm just curious about it is all.
    12-08-08 12:15 PM
    I got probably 100 of those over the course of time I had my 8830 on AT&T. I just created folder for them in my outlook and put them in there.
    12-08-08 12:18 PM
    This is what I found at RIM's knowledge base website:
    View Document
    12-08-08 02:26 PM
    It is a message that is also sent if you access WebMail. I was not ever on BES either, but since I accessed my work email through WebMail and had it set up through BIS, I got these whenever I had to change my password, etc. I deleted from my phone's mailbox, but kept it on WebMail and everything was pushed just fine.
    12-08-08 02:29 PM
    This is a normal email message that a BES server sends out to a users mail box. If everything is running properly, you should never see this message as the BES server pulls it from the users box.

If you are on a BES, contact your BES administrator and tell them you are receiving these emails, there may be a security setting problem not allowing the BES account to have Send / recieve rights on your mailbox.
    12-08-08 02:39 PM
    OMG!!! You got haxored!!!!!!!!!

Not! When you installed Desktop Manager you chose the incorrect setup. Uninstall DM and reinstall it, but this time choose Internet Email, not Enterprise. Then on your Storm, go into Options/Advanced/Service Books and delete the email account service books that have [Desktop] in the name. That will get you fixed right up. You may or may not have to resetup your email on the device once you correct this... depends on how badly you fracked up initially. Good luck.
    12-08-08 03:13 PM
    That's just BES attempting to begin Enterprise Activation ... you prob just selected the wrong option somewhere.
    12-08-08 04:06 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD