Hey everyone... maybe this is normal, but for some reason when I put my Storm on its Loud Profile, it puts out a strange alert I've never heard before.

I can only describe it as a sort of mechanical sounding chime sound effect. It's definitely NOT one of the alerts/ringtones on my phone (preloaded or otherwise.)

It happens at strange intervals... sometimes five minutes apart, sometimes ten, sometimes fifteen.

It goes away if I switch back to the Normal Profile.

Can someone let me know if this is normal for this to happen? And if so why it happens?

Thanks!
    03-21-09 08:49 PM
    Do you have WeatherBug? It sends weather warning alerts.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-21-09 09:17 PM
    Thanks for the reply!

I had WeatherBug, for a couple of days, but I deleted it last night becuase it was causing a memory leak (which is a shame, because I love the app!)

Does it make sense that the alerts would still come through after the app was deleted? And why only on the "Loud" profile?

Thanks again!
    03-21-09 09:26 PM
    Sorry, WB was my best guess. If its only happening on loud, I would imagine a bug as the culprit. If so it may be addressed in the mythical 'official release'. Rumoured to be out sometime between Monday and middle of April...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-21-09 10:38 PM
    Wait... is that an 'official release' of WB? or of the new OS?

I'm hoping for the latter, but either would be good!
    03-21-09 10:40 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD