When watching a video, I opened up the Blackberry menu and accidently hit �Use as StormSlider BG�. I really didn�t think it would do anything since it was a video. When I try opening up my StormSlider, I get a memory error every time. It opens up a window that says: �Uncaught Exception: java.lang.OutOfMemoryError�

I tried uninstalling this, and then reinstalling it, and I have the same issue. I�ve tried setting application permissions and running it in compatibility mode to see that would do anything. I still have the same problem�

Is there a way where I can purge the application�s memory (or delete a folder) to where it would forget all of my settings?

Thanks in advance!
    06-30-10 10:18 PM
    did u uninstall the perform reboot first before installing again?
    06-30-10 10:26 PM
    Yeah. I uninstalled it, and let Quick Pull run on a nightly schedule for two days and then reinstalled it. I have the same issue :/
    06-30-10 10:29 PM
    a little tough here... so what else is running back end? any theme?

i do encounter errors with the slider but not that often...but thats when i sudden somehow switches applications out from the slider mode.
    06-30-10 10:41 PM
    I do have a theme, but its a very basic theme that doesn't take up very much memory. The only applications running are the Browser, BBM, Phone, Home Screen and messages... all of which are idle and not currently running anything
    06-30-10 10:46 PM
    how about switch back to bb original theme first?

somehow the bb will register your apps..even if u uninstalled..the registry still keep the apps history i think....haiz...unless another guru can help...else what i will do is backup and reinstall OS and restore.
    06-30-10 10:55 PM
    Thank you for all the help.. I'll try all of that and report back with my findings

Edit: I performed a restore and now everything's back to normal!
    Last edited by SonOfUncleSam; 06-30-10 at 11:17 PM.
    06-30-10 11:04 PM
    You are welcome! I hope OS6 comes today!!! wahahaha
    06-30-10 11:18 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD