I got my first storm (9500), 3 months ago, and within days noticed the dreaded faults more and more frequently. One of the complaints was the screen moving. Now after 2 months and lots of complaining got vodafone to replace my handset with a new one, and boy what a difference. This thing just seems to work. No screen movement, even after a month, battery life is considerably longer. Better reception, and all this was on f/w version .141. I have today upgraded to .151 so I will have to see how it goes. I hope its not a case of "if it's not broke, then don't fix it"

What are other peoples views on this?

Cheers

Si
    06-01-09 06:46 PM
    These are upgrades due to field testing...that would be you...and advances from the initial release. RIM pushed the release of the original Storm 6 months to a year before they should have...thanks to the marketing department.
    06-01-09 06:54 PM
    These are upgrades due to field testing...that would be you...and advances from the initial release. RIM pushed the release of the original Storm 6 months to a year before they should have...thanks to the marketing department.
    Thanx BlackBerryBob. So you reckon I have a unit that has been built better then. I had lost interest quite alot in my storm untill then, now I love it.
    06-01-09 06:56 PM
    The correct answer(true or not) is they are all built to the same specs.
    06-01-09 06:59 PM
    The correct answer(true or not) is they are all built to the same specs.
    Yeah, I would have thought as much, but is the hardware different?
    06-01-09 07:01 PM
    Yeah, I would have thought as much, but is the hardware different?
    The only people that really know that answer work in Canada, Mexico, and Hungary. I don't know either way.
    06-01-09 07:04 PM
    Hmmm, just seems a bit strange thats all. Not complaining though.
    06-01-09 07:05 PM
    same hardware, just better quality control checks...the first few waves were pretty bad, seemed rushed and not carefully inspected. and i think they're inspecting a larger percent of each wave of shipments.
    06-01-09 08:15 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD