my main question from reading the forum on the storm is are the problems that some are experiencing with their phones common for most new phones. did the curve have similar problems when it first launched, and will after a few great updates, this handset be just as easily used as a curve. i am getting the storm for christmas and i just want to make sure it is a better choice than the curve
    12-17-08 08:03 PM
    Each new model of any kind of tech gadget has its own unique list of problems. Most software problems are unlikely to be the same because the programmers learn from their mistakes, and hardware issues are almost certain to be unique to each device. The only constants are the existence of the list and the efforts of the programmers to resolve as many issues as possible with each software release.

Considering the differences between Storm and the 'keyboard' devices I think you should go handle both types and make your own judgement about ease of use. This isn't likely to change between now and Xmas 2009, but only you can decide which works best for you.
    12-17-08 08:21 PM
    thanks! i have looked at them both and i think i am still going to go with the storm i dont want to lock in to two years of a phone that im going to always envy the other.
    12-17-08 08:55 PM
    My daughter bought the IPhone when it first came out and told me to hold off on the Storm until the second generation so the 'bugs' could be worked out. Went ahead and bought my Storm anyways-with her advice, I'm just being patient.
    12-18-08 05:42 PM
    yeah...what a lot of people don't realize about new types of devices like the Storm and the iPhone are that they are going to have problems and just complain about every little thing
    12-18-08 05:44 PM
    I think Iphone is on their 3rd gen already but I'm not positive, just heard that from a friend. I do know that the os gets better with each release and I'm sure the storm will get so good, most will be very happy with their purchase over time.

I bought mine on the 27th and got it in the mail on the 3rd of December and I am already pretty pleased but I am looking forward to the next update to fix a few minor irritations. I see many people on this site complaining, but I believe the storm is an amazing device and can only get better. I'm glad I got it when I did, and with the insurance,(replace for 50 bucks) I feel I'm guaranteed a great device for years to come!
    12-18-08 05:54 PM
    New devices have glitches but the storm's random reboots and shut downs are a show stopper. If missing calls is a problem for you, wait for the next update.
    12-18-08 06:38 PM
    A lot of these "common" problems are not necessarily found on all Storms. I have stated this in many threads, out of 7 Storms that I see every day (mine, my wife's and 5 co-workers), we are not experiencing random reboots, lock ups, sluggishness or screen problems. Lucky? I don't know, but the Storm has been very good to all that I know first hand.
    12-18-08 07:27 PM
    try out the phone, i you like the surepress screen then get it and the sotfware bugs will be fixed eventually. I can tell you that my phone (ater a wipe and clean install) has not once rebooted or missed a call in over a week. Get it and learn to use it and you wont have a problem and will just be super happy every time there is an update. As it is, the storm has minor issues that will be fixed. Again, I say this is ONLY if you like the screen, which I do, if you dont then this isnt the phone for you.

As far as envy, I doubt anyone is going to envy the curve over anything...just cause its been out or so long and everyone has one.
    12-18-08 07:33 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD