i was thinking tht the BB storms click screen was not pulled off very well and if there was a way to make the storm preform like a "normal" touch screen.

after lookin at it for a while i thought maybe it just not possible until i used Opera Mini. when i use it i dont have to "click" the screen all you have to is touch it.

so...is there a way to disable the click screen completely and make the storm a true "touch screen".....hmmmm????
    06-09-09 08:58 AM
    This issue has been discussed dozens, if not hundreds of times. Search, FFS.

And the answer is no.
    06-09-09 09:03 AM
    It's been talked about, but at no point has RIM ever indicated that they are going to do that. Programs can be written to not use the click, as you stated in your post, such as Opera Mini, but at present the OS itself can not be set to do that. Perhaps with a future update.
    06-09-09 09:05 AM
    There is no way to turn it off at this time and I don't think they will make that options at all unless third makes one

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-09-09 04:11 PM
    Then it would just be an iphone and there'd be nothing special about it.
    06-09-09 04:31 PM
    .... not really
    06-09-09 04:38 PM
    What would be the point of turning the click screen. Did you not relize that it cluxks when you first got it I am not trying to be ride but just punting out common sense

06-09-09 04:44 PM
    .... not really
    Yes, yes it would be. It has been discussed many times that the storm is different than the iphone because of the surepress. That's one of the main things that sets it apart from the iphone and the ipod touch.
    06-09-09 04:47 PM
    the surepress is blackberries touch baby right now. no way your getting around that one.
    06-09-09 04:59 PM
    The ability to touch the screen and not have to worry about selecting the wrong thing until you click it makes this by far my favorite device so far. I LOVE the surepress!!

(imo)
    06-09-09 05:20 PM
    Yea, surepress rocks.
    06-09-09 08:04 PM
    The ability to touch the screen and not have to worry about selecting the wrong thing until you click it makes this by far my favorite device so far. I LOVE the surepress!!

(imo)
    Amen to that.
    06-09-09 08:20 PM
    Storm 2 is rumored to be closer to the iPhone screen. In fact, the leaked photos support that theory. Everyone was believing it until the RIM CEO came out publicly and said sure press was here to stay. I think it's smoke and mirrors for RIM to save face. They may still call it sure press or some variant but it won't be like the original Storm you can bet on that.
    06-09-09 08:30 PM
    surepress is the only reason i decided to go with a full touchscreen phone.
    06-09-09 09:06 PM
    if u read my first statement everyone kno the idea of the click screen was, in my opinion, i good idea....IDEA....RIM did not do enough R/D or field testing with it realize it could have been done better....as you can see that they have done away with it with the new storm that is coming out (so i hear)

so in closing i got it b/c of the screen they (RIM) did not pull it off like they should or could have!!
    06-09-09 11:25 PM
    What would be the point of turning the click screen. Did you not relize that it cluxks when you first got it I am not trying to be ride but just punting out common sense

auto correct must be off on your storm.

realize
    clicks
    rude
    punting

06-10-09 12:52 AM
    Storm 2 is rumored to be closer to the iPhone screen. In fact, the leaked photos support that theory. Everyone was believing it until the RIM CEO came out publicly and said sure press was here to stay. I think it's smoke and mirrors for RIM to save face. They may still call it sure press or some variant but it won't be like the original Storm you can bet on that.
    You sure you didn't mean sure dust is here to stay? I hope they fix that problem... when all is said and done, that's a big problem for many.... especially us pureists.....
    06-10-09 05:13 AM
    i was thinking tht the BB storms click screen was not pulled off very well and if there was a way to make the storm preform like a "normal" touch screen.

after lookin at it for a while i thought maybe it just not possible until i used Opera Mini. when i use it i dont have to "click" the screen all you have to is touch it.

so...is there a way to disable the click screen completely and make the storm a true "touch screen".....hmmmm????
    true touch screen? im pretty sure touch is touch, thats as true as it gets. If you didnt want to click, then id say go back in time and dont get the phone hahah.
    Personally..its the reason why I got the phone. I've messed with countless of my friend's iPhones...and I hate how anything I touch acts as its clicked. On a phone with a screen as small as an iPhone or blackberry...touch only is really a poor choice in all practicality. The only situation that I see it being useful is in a full touchscreen computer with a larger screen so you know exactly what you will be "clicking" when you touch it.
    06-10-09 10:56 AM
    You sure you didn't mean sure dust is here to stay? I hope they fix that problem... when all is said and done, that's a big problem for many.... especially us pureists.....
    I still have no idea what people are talking about with this dust!!! Does everyone have it, or is it just a select (unlucky) few?
    06-10-09 01:51 PM
    I still have no idea what people are talking about with this dust!!! Does everyone have it, or is it just a select (unlucky) few?
    Be glad you don't have it...
    Dust n "stuff" gets between the two screens...
    VERY ANNOYING...
    I'm living with it till the iPhone comes out on Verizon.
    Then I'm taking the Storm to the gun range.
    06-10-09 02:09 PM
    Be glad you don't have it...
    Dust n "stuff" gets between the two screens...
    VERY ANNOYING...
    I'm living with it till the iPhone comes out on Verizon.
    Then I'm taking the Storm to the gun range.
    Huh...I guess I can see where you're talking about. I definitely have nothing in there, and I'm not even sure how it would get there. My Storm is "naked" and I keep it in my pocket all the time, so it certain is exposed to plenty of dust and debris.
    06-10-09 06:36 PM
    Do you mean special as in "unique" or special as in "The Special Olympics"? I agree with the ladder definition of "special" as in ********. Yeah there would be something special about it; it wouldn't feel as cumbersome and lagged. I think the click screen makes the phone feel a lot slower than it actually is. Try using opera mini and see how much faster the phone feels when you don't have to push in the screen (work).
    06-10-09 07:00 PM
    ifun is gsm only
    06-10-09 09:06 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD