Ever since I upgraded my Storm to OS 5 my camera won't zoom. I've tried pulling the battery - doesn't work. I tried changing the resoluation - doesn't work. I even went into Verizon and the tech told me it had nothing to do with the phone but it was actually due to the new OS upgrade. Has anyone else had this problem? Is there any way to fix it? I miss my zoom!!
    05-25-10 07:20 PM
    Have you tried using the volume button on the right side of the BB Storm...that works for me...but only zooms to 2X
    05-25-10 08:19 PM
    what version are you using?

have you tried swiping the screen up or down to zoom?
    05-26-10 10:51 AM
    I've tried using the volume keys and sweeping the screen and it will only zoom to 2x. Before I upgraded to OS 5 the camera would zoom more than - to 6x or 8x. It's been so long though that I can't remember for sure what the zoom used to be. But I'm positive it was more than 2x
    06-07-10 08:42 PM
    The new OS 5 camera zoom only now goes to 2X

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-08-10 01:00 AM
    The phone only has "digital zoom" which is different than true optical zoom. Digital zoom gives you the impression of zoom but doesn't capture better detail. On older OS's digital zoom beyond 2X just gave you smaller pictures.(Fewer pixels)

If you want to further digital zoom or crop your pictures then get a lightweight freeware for the pc and do it there. I often use Irfanview but there are plenty of others out there that will do the job.

There are times when its nice to be able to do it all on the phone, but doing it on the pc is fine for routine use.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-09-10 05:23 AM
    The Camera is one of the features that I wish RIM would put a little more work on. I love that by having my phone, I also always having a camera or video camera with me. But the quality is just not there... at least not with the STORM1.
    06-09-10 10:05 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD