Ive been running 148/90 for about 24 hours now. TCP works great. ive been streaming pandora on and off. (148 could not do this on its own). Im not sure how "close" they are to getting GSM TCP working on any of these new OS's since to me its either working or its not. I have not, luckily, had any lockups or freezes in these 24 hours. It did take some time for it to pull down my youmail voicemails with Vymail. I also had an unhandled exception with google maps but thats the only thing Ive seen so far.
    05-25-09 08:11 PM
    at the moment running 131/132/5.0.90 hybrid i made and ive never had a problem with edge/EDGE...always constant EDGE..used almost every build and selection of hybrids out there and its been great, getting ready to goto 141/148/5.0.93 hybrid..just with what i got its been the best memory wise, bootup at 54ish and never drop below 42ish
    05-25-09 08:27 PM
    Well just to update. It seems as soon as I finished with my previous post the demons of .90 showed up. Freezes, reboots and the most annoying VSoD. Its amazing how that radio code renders a phone useless. Whats even more confusing is the range of experiences with people using it. I am finishing up going back to .148. Id rather have a stable phone then have better color blending and tcp (though I do hate that I cant use my phone with pandora and some other apps).
    @ Robbeane
    I see you have a 9500. You are still having EDGE/edge issues from a phone that only uses GSM? Do you have the TCP connection issue as well?
    05-27-09 09:13 PM
    SOMEONE HELLLLPP!!!
    I'm running .148/5.0 hybrid with a .90 radio and I can't get quick pull to work? any ideas? my EDGE is always EDGE....very stable...just i can't get quick pull to work..i keep getting uncaught exception errors...
    05-28-09 12:38 AM
    So I downloaded the initial leaked .148 OS, still haven't goten my Storm in just yet...but now there are Hybrid OS's.

Are there anyones I should consider? So many people release their own Hybrid...I have no idea whose is good, and whose are a cahk made out of doo.
    05-28-09 02:48 AM
    Did a complete wipe on my storm and loaded up Lyricidal's 148 hybrid with the 90 radio code and I have to say I'm quite impressed. If anyone is looking the hybrid with extremely detailed instructions are located on his tread (just do a forum search for Hybrid) I'm running memory-up, quickpull, aerize loader, aerize Alerts, slacker radio, BerryBuzz and a few other just for fun apps and everything performs great. Also installed Opera mini and it is impressive speed wise, so much less clunky than the berry browser.

The only issue, which is more of a non-issue, is the very heavy facebook app. If the Facebook app is running you get major system lag making texting or any input all but impossible, but if you sign out and check it when you need to, everything is very stable and speedy with the memory in the 24 to 35% usage range. I put the phone through the ringer yesterday and never got a single lock-up. Nav is fast, camera is fast, video good and all other streaming apps run like, well at least, like I'd like and expect them to!

My hats off to Lyricidal for taking the time to do this and you get the Shrink-OS and radio swap apps with his .exe package. Just wanted to share my experience since the EDGE/edge was about to drive me insane!!!
    05-29-09 08:42 AM
    So .148 got released as an official and it kind of upsets me that Verizon is ok with the fact that the radio code on this OS doesn't work well on GSM. I mean its supposed to be a world phone, they should make sure that works too.
    05-31-09 02:47 PM
    So .148 got released as an official and it kind of upsets me that Verizon is ok with the fact that the radio code on this OS doesn't work well on GSM. I mean its supposed to be a world phone, they should make sure that works too.
    I completely agree. This should have been fixed forever ago for the simple fact that its a world phone.

I'm happy for now though thank god for the hybrid find. 148/90 is working like a champ.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-31-09 03:02 PM
    ok am new to this how do i update to the hybird an which is the best one to work with ATT cause i update it thur DM an how it want let send mms or use the Browers it keep jumping from edge/EDGE get back at me to let me no how to do the upgrade
    06-06-09 03:08 AM
    ok am new to this how do i update to the hybird an which is the best one to work with ATT cause i update it thur DM an how it want let send mms or use the Browers it keep jumping from edge/EDGE get back at me to let me no how to do the upgrade
    If I were you I would Install 148/90 hybrid which seems to be the most stable at this point.

Install 148 on your computer. Then use swap-a-radio (google) to change the radio code to .90

good luck

06-06-09 06:49 AM
    so whats the best TCP-APN settings to use? im runnin on att ??
    06-08-09 02:14 PM
    for u edge users ,use.132 then v7,then swap to .90 for odd reason .148 wasnt holding with v7 .90. but of course as ussual be advised of that nasty .90 radio. unstable as always. works great when running lol. v7 can be found on blackberryos.com. its nice hybrid with transitions
    06-08-09 03:34 PM
    Tell you the truth I gave up on .90 radio. I'm using 148 with tcp turned off and I have never had better stabability. Make sure you set all your apps to BIS and not TCP and you should be rock solid. Keep in mind a select few apps don't work without tcp but the majority due.

Hope this helps all you GSM users just as much as it did me.

Last edited by XJRodzx; 06-08-09 at 06:59 PM.
    06-08-09 06:56 PM
    It's a shame pandora doesnt allow us to change connection type so we can use BIS and not tcp. It should be an option on all software.
    06-08-09 07:12 PM
    It's a shame pandora doesnt allow us to change connection type so we can use BIS and not tcp. It should be an option on all software.
    Yeah redicilous but its an app ill gladly sacrifise for a stable phone.

06-08-09 07:14 PM
    I couldnt. .90 radio code while the best for GSM is by far the most unstable POS. What makes it worse is that not only does it like to do random restarts, but it gives you that Vsod which makes you have to do battery pulls 3-4 times before you can even get on the phone. Ill just listen to my mp3's on the phone for now.
    06-08-09 07:25 PM
    yeah like I said try using 148 without .90 radio and turn tcp off you willhave a totally new phone.

May I also recommend the 148/5.0 hybrid by lyricidal. Excellent stuff.

06-08-09 07:38 PM
    how do u set apps to bis?
    06-08-09 08:00 PM
    how do u set apps to bis?

Depends. Which app are you referring to? Most are I the options. Instead of auto justset them to BIS.

06-08-09 08:24 PM
    Hello,
    I'm a newbie and I'm having problems with my BB. My phone is displaying EDGE, but when I access the internet it goes to edge and it takes forever to download the page i'm trying to view. Can anyone help to just have EDGE instead of edge?

thank you
    06-09-09 06:55 PM
    Hello,
    I'm a newbie and I'm having problems with my BB. My phone is displaying EDGE, but when I access the internet it goes to edge and it takes forever to download the page i'm trying to view. Can anyone help to just have EDGE instead of edge?

thank you
    Which OS are you currently running?
    06-09-09 07:00 PM
    I'm using 4.7.0148.
    06-09-09 07:36 PM
    I'm using 4.7.0148.
    Go to your options-advanced options- tcp/ip and uncheck apn settings.

Make sure you go to all your apps that use internet connections and change the network connections from auto or tcp to bis.

You should be running solid EDGE no problems.

Some apps such as youtube and pandora dont work unless you have apn enabled. Its a sacrifise worth making to get your phone working the way its supposed to.
    06-09-09 07:43 PM
    I tried but it still does the same thing
    06-09-09 08:05 PM
    I tried but it still does the same thing
    When exactly do you get this issue. Just in the browser? What page are you loading?

Ill test on mine.

06-09-09 08:26 PM
428 ... 1112131415 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD