So once again, how's .148 radio working out for ya'll?
    Last edited by drshakawa; 05-20-09 at 03:50 AM.
    05-20-09 02:38 AM
    Radio on .148 is just like the rest.

What I do suggest is still using .90 Radio. This is an amazing release. Other then the QL issue I am absolutely happy for the first time at how my phone is running.
    05-20-09 02:30 PM
    Radio on .148 is just like the rest.

What I do suggest is still using .90 Radio. This is an amazing release. Other then the QL issue I am absolutely happy for the first time at how my phone is running.

Rodz,
    Did you test out sending MMS message does the signal drop?
    05-20-09 02:35 PM
    Rodz,
    Did you test out sending MMS message does the signal drop?

Just tested. Issue not present. Ill keep trying to send a few to see if it occurs but so far so good.

This combo is very stable for me so far. Hope everyone else gets the same results. Ill keep posting back if anything turns up.
    05-20-09 03:10 PM
    Combo did not work for me, all I kept getting was a message telling me that "Media Card Inserted" and them if I tap the screen, I get VSOD.

Going back to .75
    05-20-09 04:46 PM
    Combo did not work for me, all I kept getting was a message telling me that "Media Card Inserted" and them if I tap the screen, I get VSOD.

Going back to .75
    Wow that really sucks. I would try backing up and wiping the device then try again.

Obviously all devices are different in terms of the issues we experience but I can assure you this is working 100% for me.

Good luck.
    05-20-09 05:31 PM
    Maybe someone on this thread can answer my question. I have tried several os's, the only one I can get everything ( browser, mms,etc.) to work on Att is .75. I have tried everything on forums to get other os's to work to no uavail. The browser will not load is the problem.
    05-20-09 05:49 PM
    Maybe someone on this thread can answer my question. I have tried several os's, the only one I can get everything ( browser, mms,etc.) to work on Att is .75. I have tried everything on forums to get other os's to work to no uavail. The browser will not load is the problem.
    I am on ATT and am running .141 with everything working. I am having signal issues and will be trying the .90 radio next but that is all. Sorry to hear that you are having issues.
    05-20-09 07:59 PM
    Just tested. Issue not present. Ill keep trying to send a few to see if it occurs but so far so good.

This combo is very stable for me so far. Hope everyone else gets the same results. Ill keep posting back if anything turns up.
    Hey XJRodzx: Where can I get directions on how to change my radio? Also I see you are running .148 OS. Where did you get that version from?
    05-20-09 08:01 PM
    .148 download link in main OS section, and try blackberry.net as your APN and Cingular as username with the PW blank, make sure both boxes are checked see if that helps edge/EDGE issue, i can send MMS watch youtube, i usually get EDGE after about 10-12 mins after a quickpull on AT&T
    05-20-09 09:30 PM
    new forum member here, i've been using the forums to read and download new os on the 9530, which i've been using for about 3 months now.

the new .148/.90 radio hybrid is the first time the storm worked in the way i feel that it's suppose to, everything works now, i've been on the new os for little over 12 hours, no edge drop, mms works good, camera functions nicely, youtube works, browser works

i felt that i should register to give these findings
    05-21-09 07:10 AM
    new forum member here, i've been using the forums to read and download new os on the 9530, which i've been using for about 3 months now.

the new .148/.90 radio hybrid is the first time the storm worked in the way i feel that it's suppose to, everything works now, i've been on the new os for little over 12 hours, no edge drop, mms works good, camera functions nicely, youtube works, browser works

i felt that i should register to give these findings
    Glad to hear everything working for you. Welcome to CB

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-21-09 08:25 AM
    Hey XJRodzx: Where can I get directions on how to change my radio? Also I see you are running .148 OS. Where did you get that version from?
    I'm on mobile so its a bit hard to find you the links at the moment. But everything you need is in these forums without much searching, being that these are faq.

05-21-09 08:27 AM

I just installed 148/90 w/hybrid and tested it out.. it seems stable all accept for MMS, when sending MMS the radio still drops from EDGE to edge. Dam It I wish Verizon would release an official OS. It seems like the only OS that work perfectly is .75 but cause that darn thing to be so laggy
    05-21-09 10:47 AM

and what WAP settings are you using
    05-21-09 10:48 AM
    Did a wipe this morning and installed .148 from the leak. Resent the service books from T-Mobile and so far holding EDGE. The only thing that I have used that changes it to edge is going to the T-Mobile homepage, don't need to really go there and my other browser stuff including Opera Mini seems OK.
    05-21-09 11:26 AM
    Did a wipe this morning and installed .148 from the leak. Resent the service books from T-Mobile and so far holding EDGE. The only thing that I have used that changes it to edge is going to the T-Mobile homepage, don't need to really go there and my other browser stuff including Opera Mini seems OK.
    I also notice that the radio changes when I sen e-mails as well.
    have you tested e-mails and MMS
    05-21-09 11:58 AM
    and what WAP settings are you using
    Wap.voicestream.com

My mms is good. If you don't have those settings try applying them and then test mms. If you still have issues, try the mms fix

Yes I have tested both mms and email. Both hold EDGE.
    Last edited by XJRodzx; 05-21-09 at 03:55 PM.
    05-21-09 03:52 PM
    Wap.voicestream.com

My mms is good. If you don't have those settings try applying them and then test mms. If you still have issues, try the mms fix

Are you able to use streaming apps like pandora?

05-21-09 06:15 PM
    Wap.voicestream.com

Yeah i have that settings as well. Although i don't know what the MMS Fix is. I know i sure be searching but i think i have exhausted all searching... Any tips or how to's for the MMS fix
    05-21-09 10:30 PM
    At this point no use in using damn hybrids with .90 radio. Yeah it works but the constant crashes and freezes is so annoying. Not sure how some of u guys deal with it. .75 still by far the most stable for us. Yeah I know slow as sh!t and we don't get the goodies like the others but ill sacrifice for some stability. I tried making hybrid out of ..132 using .75 as radion and it bricked my storm. Wish there was a work around for that...

05-22-09 05:37 AM
    Yeah i have that settings as well. Although i don't know what the MMS Fix is. I know i sure be searching but i think i have exhausted all searching... Any tips or how to's for the MMS fix

Search the shrink os software. It has the mms fix built in to it. Really would offer link but as you see I'm still mobile.

05-22-09 07:05 AM
    At this point no use in using damn hybrids with .90 radio. Yeah it works but the constant crashes and freezes is so annoying. Not sure how some of u guys deal with it. .75 still by far the most stable for us. Yeah I know slow as sh!t and we don't get the goodies like the others but ill sacrifice for some stability. I tried making hybrid out of ..132 using .75 as radion and it bricked my storm. Wish there was a work around for that...

I have not had any problems with 148/90. This actually seems to work for me 100% for the first time. Then again remember that everyone seems o get different results varying per device.

05-22-09 07:07 AM
    YES, radio .90 does work with Pandora. I just tested it. now if we can only get something newer thats stable.
    05-24-09 09:27 PM
    YES, radio .90 does work with Pandora. I just tested it. now if we can only get something newer thats stable.
    Tell me about it. I would like to be able to install an OS and not have to swap any files. .148 seems to be a success so far, so maybe they are getting close.

*UPDATE*
    I want to let you all known running .148/.90 does still have the lockup issues. After running it for some time I ran into this a few times. Its still worth it for as smooth as the phone is running.

Tell me what all you other EDGE Stormers are experiencing?
    05-24-09 09:49 PM
428 ... 1011121314 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD