i know it would never happen, but it would be awesome to have a linux OS made for the storm. Discuss!!!
    01-17-09 11:59 PM
    that would be a trip...i still get confused on a pc, never mind a BB
    01-18-09 12:02 AM
    would be nice especially because of all the free programs that would be made for it, games and otherwise.
    01-18-09 12:04 AM
    even better...
    01-18-09 12:08 AM
    Or OSX on a phone...
    Er.. wait..
    n/m Apple did that with the iPhone...

I wish ATT had service in my area.
    01-18-09 12:18 AM
    The power of Christ compels you!
    01-18-09 12:31 AM
    It COULD happen. Those crazy b@stards with the NetBSD project have gotten that thing running on a toaster and refrigerator before. Why is an excellent question, but the main thing is that it was done.

Of course if Linux, or some other *nix WERE ported to the Storm, it'd likely lose a lot of it's current functionality. You likely wouldn't be able to use it as a phone for example, though something might be able to be hacked together using VoIP... Which of course would be infinitely easier with wifi.

Just as kind of an offshoot idea... Much as I've come to like the BB OS in general, I just kind of wonder if RIM wouldn't be better migrating over to Android or even something like Qtopia/Qt Extended from Nokia. Pooling their efforts and expertise with others on the core OS for the benefit of all, and just adding to that their own custom bits like the push email to help set Blackberry devices apart from the crowd.
    01-18-09 12:56 AM
    my head hurts thinking of all the variations...lol
    01-18-09 01:01 AM
    i know it would never happen, but it would be awesome to have a linux OS made for the storm. Discuss!!!
    You can't talk about an OS with the stability of ubuntu on a storm. It just doesn't feel right. J/k. But seriously, it would kick some serious booty. Perhaps we could incorporate partitioning as well and have windows 7 on there too.

All I can say is, I love my storm.
    01-18-09 01:03 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD