For all we know it could come in 50 years.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-18-09 01:58 PM
    well we don't have official RIM or VZW statistics to prove who runs what OS, or return rates, that all we can do is speculate.

didn't surepress win some award or something?

and hardware revisions don't necessarily mean that it's a "flaw" or "improvement". ya know?

but i see how you could draw those conclusions based on what we see around here...
    05-18-09 02:01 PM
    Yes, SurePress did win an Innovation of the Year award. Even made the front page of CrackBerry.com.

Now, I'm just speculating, but RIM using "TruePress" sounds like "SurePress" under a different name. Both have "Press" in their names, so I can safely assume that we'll still be pressing the screen down to "do" an action.

Seems like to me they haven't abandoned the clicking screen idea. If anything, they should be making it even better.

I for one do enjoy the tactile feedback from actually pressing on a link. It feels...natural to me.
    05-18-09 02:25 PM
    Innovation of the Year award : )

I don't know fellas looks to me like they have abandoned their award winning technology in favor of something else. Lifes Good : )

05-18-09 05:01 PM
    Yes, SurePress did win an Innovation of the Year award. Even made the front page of CrackBerry.com.

Now, I'm just speculating, but RIM using "TruePress" sounds like "SurePress" under a different name. Both have "Press" in their names, so I can safely assume that we'll still be pressing the screen down to "do" an action.

Seems like to me they haven't abandoned the clicking screen idea. If anything, they should be making it even better.

I for one do enjoy the tactile feedback from actually pressing on a link. It feels...natural to me.
    Right on!!
    05-18-09 05:09 PM
    or revised it to avoid void space issues...we won't know until its released.

that's like saying becoes the LS2 engine came out the LS1 engine is junk...
    05-18-09 05:11 PM
    sequels are almost always better!!!! lol
    05-18-09 06:13 PM
    storm troopers 2
    05-18-09 06:14 PM
    Does RIM take more than a year to make a new crappy phone?
    05-18-09 06:17 PM
    storm troopers 2
    ok that was an epic fail...i was being sarcastic..better sequels are usually on the shorter end of the fence....BUT...this is technology not movies so we should get lucky*crosses fingers*
    05-18-09 06:20 PM
    ok that was an epic fail...i was being sarcastic..better sequels are usually on the shorter end of the fence....BUT...this is technology not movies so we should get lucky*crosses fingers*
    you suk at sarcasim, ruk
    05-18-09 06:39 PM
    Does RIM take more than a year to make a new crappy phone?
    1) they haven't made a "crappy" phone yet...they've made crappy software, and it takes em about 5 mins per build to do that, they pump those babies out like hot cakes

2) if apple released a toaster or a pair of sneakers, they'd be the #1 selling product in their category, and every year there would be a revision that gives you some new function that is readily available on any other like product, but because its apple, people turn a blind eye to the features that are obviously left out for business decisions.

customer: "my sneakers don't have a tongue"
    apple rep: "yeah, there's a new version coming out in a few months to address that"
    customer: "so what do i do until then"
    apple rep: "start saving your money?"
    05-18-09 06:42 PM

2) if apple released a toaster or a pair of sneakers, they'd be the #1 selling product in their category, and every year there would be a revision that gives you some new function that is readily available on any other like product, but because its apple, people turn a blind eye to the features that are obviously left out for business decisions.

customer: "my sneakers don't have a tongue"
    apple rep: "yeah, there's a new version coming out in a few months to address that"
    customer: "so what do i do until then"
    apple rep: "start saving your money?"
    Versus if RIM released a sneaker:

Customer: "the tongue and sole
    of my shoes fell off."

VZW: "let us exchange it for you"

Customer: "these are my 6th pair though!!!"

VZW: "strange we haven't heard of this problem ever. Next!"

Customer#2: "I want to exchange these shoes the tongue and sole fell off of them"

VZW: "strange we never heard of that problem"

: )

05-18-09 08:35 PM
    LMFAO! i blame the knowledge base being too difficult to locate "known issues" in....

and PEB CAK
    05-18-09 08:36 PM
    Lol

10char

05-18-09 09:46 PM
    Versus if RIM released a sneaker:

Customer: "the tongue and sole
    of my shoes fell off."

VZW: "let us exchange it for you"

Customer: "these are my 6th pair though!!!"

VZW: "strange we haven't heard of this problem ever. Next!"

Customer#2: "I want to exchange these shoes the tongue and sole fell off of them"

VZW: "strange we never heard of that problem"

: )

Great post LOL.

I honestly don't think RIM is working on the next version Storm because of the issues. I think they been working on it and want to roll out with new devices more frequently then they have in the past. I mean it sucks for the users who feel sort of like they have been abandoned but at the same time an upgraded version should be expected nowadays. Hopefully (if possible) they can do what needs to be done to appease current users and roll out with better devices in the future. The Bold and Curve 8900 rock!
    05-19-09 10:03 AM
    i love my storm and i love bberry! i do not post on this site much,(or any for that matter, I am the cursed lurker) but this has really pissed me off, and im sure im not the only one!!!... I spent alot of money on my TWO storms and waited along time for them because like everyone i wanted the "coolest" new bberry. Wtf, i took the gliches n stride, the resets, the screen w/dust, and the memory leak, all w smiles cause i do really like the phone and its poteintal, but to have waited, and delt w/ all of this w/ no firmware update, (yet which is fine, i can deal w the small problems), but to be told ahh just wait and go buy the new one with the better software/firmware and whatever else it is going to have, and be looked over really is SH&^^y!!!... We all love our phone's (and mabey this should b in the rants) but how can RIM and (verizion) and other distributors look over the people that have spent good money and patients on there phones witch they like and keep, and n less than a years time all ready have a possible sequal, while we have waited this long to have our problems resoved they neglect us consumers and developed a new phone like the first!!!... we who have the storm, and like i, who purchsed the storm when it first came out were the dedicaed ones who were willing to try a new product and service and give them our hard earned money and time! But i guess this is how it will go!!!... i love my storm i love blackberry and verision, and verizion has the best service in my area(if not the country) so i will save again for the same phone i have, but updated and better, and again sucome to the will of marketing, my needs and desires and probably buy the storm2 after reading the first good reviews of it!!!...
    Cool.

Please don't post again.
    05-19-09 10:32 AM
42 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD