I ordered my Storm2 last night through the Vodafone website as an upgrade, I had an email first thing this morning (around 6am) saying my order was processed successfully. By 10am I had this :

"Unfortunately we have suffered a surprisingly high demand for the BB 9520 BB9520 , which means that it is unexpectedly out of stock.

Please accept our sincere apologies for any inconvenience caused. We hope to have further stock available within 7-10 working days and will contact you again once your order has been dispatched."

I don't know if this cos it was never in stock - as they say it is not available yet until 26/10 ... or because too many people have ordered and they've started dispatching.

So now I don't know when I'm going to get it. The Vodafone website still says Oct 26th for release, I asked a member of Vodafone staff when the Storm2 would be released and they said next week or week after.. weren't very helpful... so now I have no clue when my BB will appear.

I'm just impatiently wanting it right now!
    10-19-09 10:57 AM
    Sounds like you'll be getting another email in 7~10 days with good or bad news. I suppose you just wait until then to find out if you'll get your pre-order. I'm sure they'll have more by the 26th, if that is release date.
    10-19-09 11:01 AM
    I pre ordered last night too. But I got the good news email!

Looks like i was one of the last ones!
    10-19-09 11:14 AM
    Ahhh I ummed and ahh'd over it for ages aswell, messing about with price plans, etc.

Should have been a bit quicker!!

I'm hoping it won't take as long as 7-10 days though, they have to say that amount of time really to protect themselves don't they..
    10-19-09 11:17 AM
    There's no indication on the Vodafone site either that they are now out of stock... I don't know.. I tried to talk to a VF worker but it was useless...

sondh did you actually recieve an email saying it had been dispatched? Because I did recieve all the confirmation and processed emails, just then followed by the out of stock one. I just want it to be on its way to me!
    10-19-09 12:27 PM
    My friend has just been on the phone to Vodafone cos she ordered the original Storm on Weds and had heard nothing, according to them they are getting an order in tomorrow of the Storm2 so either this is replenished stock or the original stock which has already got peoples names on them...
    10-19-09 12:55 PM
    I should have said - I'm a new customer, so i received the successful order and credit check emails.

Dispatch time was 2-4 days. I haven't received anything else since.

I don't expect it to be dispatched until Friday/Monday.

I dunno, do you think that maybe new business gets priority over upgrades?
    10-19-09 12:59 PM
    Lucky for all of you Voda knows what the helll they are doing.
    10-19-09 01:01 PM
    Yeah I think they are putting new customers above upgrading ones, because it was only a couple of weeks ago they were telling Vodafone customers that they could not pre-order the S2 on an upgrade. I know they can now but that's just a hint that I think they're more focused on new customers at the minute.
    My friend that just rang VF before said the woman said her phone should be dispatched tomorrow and she may now get the Storm2 (even though she ordered the original storm) but you do get the feeling sometimes the people in the call/help centres just blag you a bit.

I got the successful order email and a confirmation that my order had be processed, then that one that they were out of stock. I'm just hoping that the new stock they are supposedly getting in tomorrow is genuinely new stock, and not stock that people have already ordered.
    10-19-09 01:32 PM
    I aint got my second email yet, just my order number confirmation
    10-19-09 01:49 PM
    I have a friend in a Vodafone store, not the best contact in the world for information but actual stocking and in store information he's brilliant.

All the UK stores are getting stock this week (although his store doesn't have any yet) ready for release on the 26th.

He did say that his store has been allocated 90 units and each store has an individual allocation amount.

On his computer, it shows NIL STOCK at Vodafone UK. BUT he did say that it always say's that until the release date as technically they aren't yet available to order.

He also said, If anyone gets the "out of stock" message, just give Vodafone customer services a call and they will tell you exactly what stage your order is at. BUT, (There's always a BUT) They may not give you a delivery date just in case the date gets put back at the last minute for the S2's release.

I know that doesn't really help you much but it gives you a little insight into whats happening in store at the moment.
    10-19-09 02:03 PM
    im not surprised some people have recieved the 'sorry, its now out of stock' message, there must be loads of people ordering them from their site.

however, i got in early and saw no such message, i wonder when i will get it

i got my last email, the credit check one 3 days ago now.

... on its way *hopefully* lol
    10-19-09 02:25 PM
    im not surprised some people have recieved the 'sorry, its now out of stock' message, there must be loads of people ordering them from their site.

however, i got in early and saw no such message, i wonder when i will get it

i got my last email, the credit check one 3 days ago now.

... on its way *hopefully* lol
    How long did your credit check go?

Edit: Lol that didnt make sense. Check the post below me, asks it better.
    Last edited by _SyCo_; 10-19-09 at 04:10 PM.
    10-19-09 03:19 PM
    thanks maxdmerc, yeah I was guessing like the out of stock thing may almost be automated because all the computers would not yet have the S2 as in actual stock.

I would ring Vodafone but like you say, they won't be able to give me an actual delivery date anyway, so I'm just gonna hold on and wait for another email... I'll let you all know.

How soon after your confirmation of order email did you guys recieve the credit check email?
    10-19-09 04:03 PM
    I ordered my Storm2 last night through the Vodafone website as an upgrade, I had an email first thing this morning (around 6am) saying my order was processed successfully. By 10am I had this :

"Unfortunately we have suffered a surprisingly high demand for the BB 9520 BB9520 , which means that it is unexpectedly out of stock.

Please accept our sincere apologies for any inconvenience caused. We hope to have further stock available within 7-10 working days and will contact you again once your order has been dispatched."

I don't know if this cos it was never in stock - as they say it is not available yet until 26/10 ... or because too many people have ordered and they've started dispatching.

So now I don't know when I'm going to get it. The Vodafone website still says Oct 26th for release, I asked a member of Vodafone staff when the Storm2 would be released and they said next week or week after.. weren't very helpful... so now I have no clue when my BB will appear.

I'm just impatiently wanting it right now!
    I got the same email today as well.

Lets hope i get if this side of xmas.
    10-19-09 04:33 PM
    I wouldn't worry about it too much yet to be fair. The last I heard was that the 26th isn't confirmed yet either so you'll have to wait and see. At least it's in the system though

I'm getting a call back on the 26th about 12pm from Vodas in regards to the upgrade so will have to see what they say then!
    10-19-09 04:35 PM
    currently awaiting a pac code
    then i can place my order
    10-19-09 04:46 PM
    How long did your credit check go?

Edit: Lol that didnt make sense. Check the post below me, asks it better.
    confirmation: 16 October 2009 15:52
    credit check: 16 October 2009 16:17

so, it wasnt long

2/3 ticks done on the order, just waiting for that all important dispatched one!

i got in pretty early though, and im sooo looking forward to it coming! yeahhhhh

never even touched a BB before, it will be a whole new experience to me.

E.X.C.I.T.E.D
    Last edited by csj85; 10-19-09 at 04:56 PM.
    10-19-09 04:54 PM
    currently awaiting a pac code
    then i can place my order

I am with T-Mo at the moment. I already ordered my storm2 frm voda. I wanna retain my no. after I get the phone. Can i use the PAC code frm t-mo and thn change my voda no. after receiving the phone (on the 26th)? or did i miss that chance since I already ordered?
    10-19-09 05:56 PM
    I would hope so, that's what I intend to do.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-19-09 06:22 PM
    confirmation: 16 October 2009 15:52
    credit check: 16 October 2009 16:17

so, it wasnt long

2/3 ticks done on the order, just waiting for that all important dispatched one!

i got in pretty early though, and im sooo looking forward to it coming! yeahhhhh

never even touched a BB before, it will be a whole new experience to me.

E.X.C.I.T.E.D

My confirmation didnt even have the ticks lol, just

Here is an update
    on your order

Hello David

Thanks for choosing us and ordering the items listed below. Your order number is XXXXXXXX. You may like to keep it handy in case you have any queries.

The first time i tried to order this it wouldnt go through the final "place order" screen so i called up voda and they said a bunch of things and we figured that my problem was there was no money on my card and you needed atleast �1.00. (Rough weekend, needed everything for drinks ) Also i figured i wouldnt need the money yet. I got paid literally the day after and went back and ordered it and everything went smoothly. I made a account AFTER i ordered. That shouldnt effect things right?
    10-19-09 06:43 PM
    I am with T-Mo at the moment. I already ordered my storm2 frm voda. I wanna retain my no. after I get the phone. Can i use the PAC code frm t-mo and thn change my voda no. after receiving the phone (on the 26th)? or did i miss that chance since I already ordered?
    In store it has to be done at point of connection, meaning when you take out the contract, online sorry to be of no help but have no idea!

called up staff accounts today and was told to call back on friday for pricing! hopefully if my store gets it in this week I'll pick it up
    10-19-09 09:43 PM
    Saw tonight about 3/4 way in to the new episode of FlashForward, the BB sponsor ads turn to BB sponsor ads highlighting the new S2, And, in the new BB "All you need is love" ad, I'm pretty sure the girl is holding a S2 in her hand taking a video??
    10-19-09 10:28 PM
    from my understanding the pac code is important at the point of order.

but it may not be too late because you could just get back in touch and sort it out now - the sooner you get the pac code and get in touch the better
    10-20-09 03:00 AM
    got my pac code and placed my order

got my confirmation email
    10-20-09 05:58 AM
83 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD