Over the weekend I was having some issues with the touchscreen. The problem was random and sporatic. When I went to do anything on my phone, the screen seemed very spongey. It almost felt like using a capacitive touchscreen. No click feel or sound. Then I could put it down for a couple minutes and the screen would be back to normal.

I have also noticed that my touchscreen calibration is a little off. I mainly notice this on my alarm clock. I attempt to click on the "dismiss" and end up hitting the snooze.

Any ideas?
    06-14-10 11:26 AM
    Battery pull?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-14-10 11:29 AM
    I have done several over the weekend, still the same problems.
    06-14-10 11:33 AM
    What OS are you using? If you can upgrade, do it. That fixed the screen issue for me.
    06-14-10 04:10 PM
    I had this happen to me once. It lasted for half a day - I could select things like I was using an iphone. Battery pulls didn't work. But I could put the phone down for awhile and it would go back to normal. Did this off and on for half a day. I called to get a replacement but while I was on the phone, it went back to normal and I never had the problem after that. I was about to switch to something else but haven't had a problem since. That was a couple months ago. Pretty weird.

06-14-10 05:47 PM
    SkiMore and Murphy - Where are you guys located?
    I'm on a Storm 1, and I read posts a while back about screen issues and heat. It seemed in warmer climates, like Arizona, the hotter weather seemed to mess with the BB touchscreens. In part due to the slight gap between the screen edges, which allow you to Click down. (the gap causes problems if it's Humid, and moisture gets into it)

So if you left the phone sitting outside, or in your car, direct sunlight, or maybe even in your pocket if your body temperature gets really warm. Even if you don't think it's very hot to you, you have to realize the phone itself is always on, connecting to BIS and such, so it's pretty warm on its own. Add the heat, and it causes issues. But once you take the phone inside and let it cool down, everything went back to normal.

I'm willing to bet you both had this issue on a Hot Day....
    Thoughts?
    06-14-10 06:18 PM
    SkiMore and Murphy - Where are you guys located?
    I'm on a Storm 1, and I read posts a while back about screen issues and heat. It seemed in warmer climates, like Arizona, the hotter weather seemed to mess with the BB touchscreens. In part due to the slight gap between the screen edges, which allow you to Click down. (the gap causes problems if it's Humid, and moisture gets into it)

So if you left the phone sitting outside, or in your car, direct sunlight, or maybe even in your pocket if your body temperature gets really warm. Even if you don't think it's very hot to you, you have to realize the phone itself is always on, connecting to BIS and such, so it's pretty warm on its own. Add the heat, and it causes issues. But once you take the phone inside and let it cool down, everything went back to normal.

I'm willing to bet you both had this issue on a Hot Day....
    Thoughts?
    I live in Massachusetts and it was in April I believe. I could have had it in my pocket - I don't remember (but it was definitely in my house). Just seems weird that it only happened that one time. My screen has been great ever since. Maybe some dust or something got in there and has since moved around? Thanks for the reply.

06-14-10 06:42 PM
    I live in Pennsylvania, and we were camping. It was in my travel trailer with the A/C on, and no direct sunlight hitting it. Just a wierd issue.

I ended up going to the local Corporate store last night. They looked at it and I had no issues on getting a replacement. So, I have yet to experience any problems with the "new" one yet.

Thanks all!
    06-15-10 09:38 AM
    I've gotten to the point with my STORM I that when it's in my pocket I have the screen to the outside(away from my body). Very heat-sensitive, especially here in the hot, humid south!! It's fine in the winter but the summer is murder on it.

Hoping the STORM2 isn't as bad as I may get one in a couple of weeks.
    06-15-10 10:41 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD