I have a storm 2 i just got on T-mobile service. i can make and get calls i can make and get text messages but i do not have internet. ive called tec support they give me the same steps and it doesnt work the man issue im having is that i Cant Register a HOST ROUTING TABLE i hit register new and nothing happens can some one help me. Thank You If you try or Do.
    Last edited by SpanishBerry89; 06-05-10 at 09:28 AM.
    06-05-10 09:25 AM
    Search installing service books
    06-05-10 09:39 AM
    Go to the 9500/9530 Storm1 Forum the How To & FAQ sub forum and follow the steps in the thread there titled how to get the storm to work on Tmobile. It will also work on your storm2.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-05-10 09:46 AM
    I have the same problem... And still no dice... Spanishberry89 if u get it rolling can u PM please.... Thank you

06-05-10 02:27 PM
    Have you installed TMobile service books?
    06-05-10 02:28 PM
    I did. my HRT will not register it says it sent but nothing downloads.
    06-05-10 10:27 PM
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f135/ho...m-95xx-106023/

You will probably find your solutions in this "How To"
    06-05-10 10:33 PM
    Did you re send service books from T-Mobile website after installing and do you have active blackberry data plan with T-Mobile sim card?
    06-05-10 10:33 PM
    There is something happening with the 9550 and TMO. Mine *was* working fine and on Wed is stopped. 2hrs with TMO support and they are stumped. My account is fine, and I have the same empty Host Routing Table.
    06-06-10 12:04 PM
    What OS are you running? I've been using an unlocked Storm 2 on T-Mobile for months now. All I did was upgrade to .517 and the subsequent hybrids and I have full functionality.
    06-06-10 12:09 PM
    Hey guys- I just picked up a 9550 and am having this same issue. This isn't a service book issue, so pointing people to the existing threads is useless. This is either a T-Mobile or RIM issue. The issue is that we're only getting edge instead of EDGE. This means that our phones are not getting data. Once we figure out how to get data, we can then register on HRT and/or load the service books manually.

I've been on the phone with numerous T-Mobile and RIM reps, and so far haven't found a solution. One thing I haven't yet tried, which I'm about to do right now, is downgrade from .607 to .517. I'm actually on the phone with a RIM rep right now who is trying to see if he can come up with anything as well.

The RIM reps I was on the phone with last night seemed to be the C-squad. The were absolutely clueless, which really pisses me off. One of them tried to tell me that Telus was a CDMA only network. That was their Level 2 support, too. Another one of their reps told me that you can NOT have both a CDMA and GSM account at the same time. I don't know how true that is, but it sounds like BS to me. Why have a "Global" setting in the Mobile Network options?

Anyway, hopefully we can all figure this out.
    06-06-10 04:55 PM
    Hey guys- I just picked up a 9550 and am having this same issue. This isn't a service book issue, so pointing people to the existing threads is useless. This is either a T-Mobile or RIM issue. The issue is that we're only getting edge instead of EDGE. This means that our phones are not getting data. Once we figure out how to get data, we can then register on HRT and/or load the service books manually.

I've been on the phone with numerous T-Mobile and RIM reps, and so far haven't found a solution. One thing I haven't yet tried, which I'm about to do right now, is downgrade from .607 to .517. I'm actually on the phone with a RIM rep right now who is trying to see if he can come up with anything as well.

The RIM reps I was on the phone with last night seemed to be the C-squad. The were absolutely clueless, which really pisses me off. One of them tried to tell me that Telus was a CDMA only network. That was their Level 2 support, too. Another one of their reps told me that you can NOT have both a CDMA and GSM account at the same time. I don't know how true that is, but it sounds like BS to me. Why have a "Global" setting in the Mobile Network options?

Anyway, hopefully we can all figure this out.
    I agree. After scanning these threads for a couple of days, it seems everyone is having the same problem with the storm2 on TMobile. Cant get edge to EDGE. Mine happened 3 days ago when I used the quickpull app on my phone because it was acting slow.

I've followed the directions in the 95** thread to get the browser/mms/email back, but nothing works. I downgraded and wiped the phone before I did it, and still no luck.

I stopped using the generic TMobile service books, because once the phone booted up and the edge loaded, my browser STILL disappeared. I was able to take the service books off of my brothers blackberry curve, with my email on it. Right now my phone has the Browser and email but no MMS option.

When I called a TMobile rep, they told me to go to Options>Advanced Options>Browser and change it to Internet Browser, but it says Hotspot Browser instead and I have no option to change it.

If anyone figures this problem out, please let us Storm2 users know. Thanks.
    Last edited by Ja3_MeLz; 06-07-10 at 10:25 AM.
    06-07-10 10:22 AM
    I'm having the exact same issue, and I'm not getting email because of it. I don't get email messages until I get a Wifi connection. This also breaks Google Maps, Yelp, and Facebook for me. Is anyone else at least getting email with edge vs EDGE?
    06-07-10 10:56 AM
    Was poking around the HRT and stumbled across something interesting. My highlighted entry labeled T-Mobile USA, when I click on it, has an interesting entry next to APN:
    emgsm.vzw3g.com

The non-highlited ones all have blackberry.net next to the APN label.

Anyone know how to force the phone to use another HRT table entry? Methinks this could be the cause of our difficulties lately...
    06-07-10 01:53 PM
    Also having the same problem since last week....will report back with any new info...hopefully this can be resolved or I'll have to give up my S2 =(
    06-07-10 02:37 PM
    Up tried downgrading the phone...no dice. I tried resetting to factory...no dice. I tried wiping the OS completely and re-installing...no dice. I've gone back to .517 and further...no dice. My bet is that TMO change something in their platform profiles and they are not sending the data service table down. Even without the HRT, I'm still able to get data (Slacker Radio works perfectly because it doesn't rely on BIS). So, the data connection is there...but the provisioning for the BB data is what is missing. This is very aggravating, and the tech support people at TMO don't know anything at all about what's going on.
    06-07-10 02:41 PM
    I'm getting tons of emails and messages about this too. I don't know. It's like T-Mo shut off all Storm IMEI's or something. Working fine on At&t.
    06-07-10 07:14 PM
    Mine is working perfect and I'm on T-Mobile too.

06-07-10 09:35 PM
    I am having the same issue for about a week i spend three different phone calls and store visits and no help. I have also put my sim card in someone else phone and it worked fine i think T-mobile is locking us out or something please someone help.
    06-07-10 10:34 PM
    Three threads so far for people having problems with the hosting table on T-Mobile. I have the feeling that T-Mobile has a problem with its data service, that needs to be fixed.
    I am sure that many have gone through the procedures of resending hosting table and service books and they still have a problem........interesting.
    06-07-10 11:22 PM
    Was poking around the HRT and stumbled across something interesting. My highlighted entry labeled T-Mobile USA, when I click on it, has an interesting entry next to APN:
    emgsm.vzw3g.com

The non-highlited ones all have blackberry.net next to the APN label.

Anyone know how to force the phone to use another HRT table entry? Methinks this could be the cause of our difficulties lately...

Tmobile rep told me to change it to ecp.tmobile.com

Crackberry forums say to change it to wap.voicestream.com

Neither of them work.
    06-07-10 11:57 PM
    Tmobile rep told me to change it to ecp.tmobile.com

Crackberry forums say to change it to wap.voicestream.com

Neither of them work.
    It's actually epc.tmobile.com and yes, wap.voicestream.com is an alternate.
    06-07-10 11:59 PM
    I just started having the same issue two days ago and went through everything with T-Mo and RIM reps. No one has a clue...This is very discouraging since all of T-Mo's blackberry's imo suck compared to storm 1 and 2. *Le Sigh might have to swith to a Droid :-(
    06-08-10 12:41 AM
    Same issue here for the last two or three days. I have noticed that when signal drops to "edge" that an "Enterprise Activation" entry appears in advanced options and disappears after I reaquire EDGE.
    06-08-10 08:51 AM
    Something to try. I'm not certain I have the exact issues as the resot of you bc I do have host routing table enteries but I seem to have solved my EDGE/edge issues in this was. I use quicklaunch and have it set to display the temperature. When I launched quicklaunch I would drop to edge (and the enterprise activation entry would appear), after turning off the display temp option I am keeping EDGE and all data is working.
    06-08-10 09:01 AM
62 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD