There is something happening with the 9550 and TMO. Mine *was* working fine and on Wed is stopped. 2hrs with TMO support and they are stumped. My account is fine, and I have the same empty Host Routing Table.
    I am having the same problem. Everything was working fine then the internet and email stopped working this past weekend. I have tried everything....service books, host routing table, TMO & RIM support. Nothing is working. What is going on?
    06-08-10 09:22 AM
    Tmobile rep told me to change it to ecp.tmobile.com

Crackberry forums say to change it to wap.voicestream.com

Neither of them work.
    wap.voicestream.com is the old APN. It is still functional because it has been aliased to the new one, epc.tmobile.com. This happened about the time the 8900 was released.
    06-08-10 10:56 AM
    I've switched back to my 8820 for the time being. Amazingly, messages started flowing like mana from heaven! I'll keep my eye on this forum for resolution, this is pissing me off royally. I was thisclose to shifting to Verizon, but one of the other threads mentions that VZW may have done this on purpose. If so, they are *not* getting rewarded by gaining my business...
    06-08-10 07:38 PM
    There is something happening with the 9550 and TMO. Mine *was* working fine and on Wed is stopped. 2hrs with TMO support and they are stumped. My account is fine, and I have the same empty Host Routing Table.
    I have the EXACT same problem as you...it's exactly what happened to me and on the same day you mentioned too.

Still not EDGE, only edge and I have an empty Host Routing Table. I hit register and it says "Registration Message Sent" but nothing happens.
    06-08-10 09:14 PM
    Was poking around the HRT and stumbled across something interesting. My highlighted entry labeled T-Mobile USA, when I click on it, has an interesting entry next to APN:
    emgsm.vzw3g.com

The non-highlited ones all have blackberry.net next to the APN label.

Anyone know how to force the phone to use another HRT table entry? Methinks this could be the cause of our difficulties lately...
    When my host routing table was not empty I notices the same thing you mentioned. My highlighted entry also read emgsm.vzw3g.com next to it. Even when I tried to pick nother it did not work.

Now my HRT has no entries whatsoever and I don't know why
    06-08-10 09:21 PM
    hi Ja3_MeLz could you please tell me how you got the service books off of your brothers phone? cuz my sister has the curve also maybe i can do the same
    thanks
    06-08-10 09:45 PM
    Anyone have any luck yet? This Sucks!!!
    06-09-10 08:59 AM
    hi Ja3_MeLz could you please tell me how you got the service books off of your brothers phone? cuz my sister has the curve also maybe i can do the same
    thanks
    I used the desktop manager. Connected my brothers phone and just downloaded his service books to my computer.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-09-10 10:50 AM
    What I'd like to know is if there is anyone out there using an unlocked storm2 for tmobile with a blackberry data plan and still has their browser/mms/email still working.

I've tried all the advice from the threads and even paid a donation at 1 site and nothing is working. Judging by the amount of people having the same problem at the same time..I'm starting to believe one of the companies is involved.

I remember when talking to the tmobile rep, she checked the logs n said no1 else had reported a similar problem..but I come here and just about every1 has contacted tmobile and RIM about the same issue.

06-09-10 11:00 AM
    What I'd like to know is if there is anyone out there using an unlocked storm2 for tmobile with a blackberry data plan and still has their browser/mms/email still working.

I've tried all the advice from the threads and even paid a donation at 1 site and nothing is working. Judging by the amount of people having the same problem at the same time..I'm starting to believe one of the companies is involved.

I remember when talking to the tmobile rep, she checked the logs n said no1 else had reported a similar problem..but I come here and just about every1 has contacted tmobile and RIM about the same issue.

I do NOT promise you that this is going to work, but it is worth to give it a shot.

1. Download and extract the attached zip file on your PC.
    2. Open your Desktop Manager and synchronize your address book with outlook.
    3. Backup your Applications with BBSAK.
    4. Turn off your radio, then do a Security Wipe on your Device.
    5. Open BBSAK and restore your applications.
    6. Open your Desktop Manager, Go Backup/ Restore select restore and load the attached .ipd file.
    7. Go to Synchronize and restore your address book.

Make sure that you have your PIN and email accounts updated at TMobile.com.
    Good luck.
    Last edited by romman; 06-09-10 at 12:01 PM.
    06-09-10 11:58 AM
    Anyone going to take one for the team, and give this a shot, and let us know? I'll do it when I get home from the office in about 4 hours...

When I talked to Tmobile, the story I got was Blackberry Sent an updated service book(s) to all 9550 and one other model, that, I don't remember. I've since found out that not only is that highly unlikely, but, probably impossible.

He said this happened last week. He told me he saw reports of people saying this happened to them as early as June 3rd or 4th. I received my last e-mail on June 2nd and 07:07AM.

I have since done everything I could, including calling t-mobile 5-6 different times, totally wiping the handheld, upgrading the OS, and restoring the service books, I put on the phone when I originally unlocked it. Nothing, will get entries in my host routing table. However, incidentally, I had entries in my routing table while experienceing these symptoms, I don't know if it was my wipe, OS upgrade, or service book that killed the entires, but they are totally gone, now.

THe only thing I have not tried, is the enable legacy service book function or whatever it's called, and then trying to put on the old SB's. I intend to do that tonight, before trying the above.

The rep, who was from the blackberry/PDA group, told me that all 9550 were down and if they weren't yet, were going to go down on the tmobile network. He said their engineer's were working on it, I scheduled for him to call me back on Thursday during his shift.

The guy I spoke to seemed like he knew what he was talking about, and was a straight shooter. He even suggested I goto crackberry forums or do other google searches to see if anyone is working/close to a fix external to tmobile.

He said he personally surfs the forums and others looking for ways to help people, which I thought was cool.

I will say as much as I hate to...if this issue is not resolved by 06/15... I may be move to the dark side, and going to a certain crisp tree fruit with red skin.com and making a pre-order...
    06-09-10 01:07 PM
    Tried it..no Dice.

Still have empty host routing tables..

-Travis
    06-10-10 12:07 PM
    Hey everyone it seems like all blackberries that are reported lost or stolen, basically with bad ESN and PIN numbers, ex-Verizon CDMA devices are getting blocked by TMobile

Mine is BB Storm 2 unlocked, it has a clean ESN and can be activated with Verizon, I don't have any problem with data or email.
    06-10-10 12:26 PM
    I have an unlocked S2 on AT&T and have MMS issues that was fixed, but I have to go through 4 steps to get MMS back in service books if rebooted. I dont know if this will help, but I had to have AT&T change my IMEI number when I switched from S1 to S2. I think Verizon has had something done to try to keep folks from jumping ship and taking their Storms with them to another carrier. My S1 functions worked fine on AT&T (browser, email, MMS, SMS) couldnt stream radio and weather apps didnt work as far as updating weather conditions, etc. Think that was due to the radio file though. There is a link in one of the AT&T strings with a quick fix for the mms function to get working. Dont pay the 10 bucks to get that working...someone already posted the steps for you to use!
    06-10-10 04:02 PM
    Think about this logically. There are 3 potential parties in play here.

#1- Tmobile
    #2- Verizon
    #3- RIM

Ask yourself: "Why would T-mobile block a device from using their network that had a valid account and was paying them ~100.00/month?"

The 400.00 dollar device is a moot point when you're talking about revenues of >1200.00/Year, and over the lifetime of an account 5k-10k of revenue.

The fact is, T-mobile, in all likelihood embraces users who have brought a phone over from another company and payed out of pocket to unlock it. Since as we all know the carriers take a loss subsidizing these phones in order to lock you into a contract.

On the other hand, consider what's happening and who actually is taking the loss in this scenario (Besides US, that is!)

Presumably most of these Storm and Tour users bought their phones from Verizon, making Verizon take the hit on the device. They then either broke their contract w/ Verizon or their contract expired, and moved to Tmobile, for one reason or another.

Well, that being said, Tmobile doesn't care that you're using an unsupported device, they have no motive to care, assuming it does no damage to their network and you're a paying customer, they, from a logical stand point, are saying: "Come on over, bring that device here, we'll let you use it...but can't support it any more than basic troubleshooting, of course."

So on to Party #2 - Verizon. Verizon, other than being burned by taking a loss on the phone, has no motive to brick these things. A, no doubt they have recouped their losses on the phone either through contract revenue and/or early termination fee. They do have some motive, in the sense that bricking these things could force some tmobile users to come back to Verizon since their 400.00+ device is currently nothing more than 1994 Nokia Flip Phone...

On to party #3, RIM. RIM's motive to do this, is by far the most significant. Here's the way, I see it going down. RIM executives have a meeting with Verizon Executives on June 1st to discuss device exclusivity contracts for the next model of phones. Verizon says, you know we're subsidizing the phones to get customers, the come over by a 500.00 phone for 149.99 and then break the contract, pay the 200.00 contract fee, and walk with a 500.00+ Bberry for 350.00. How can you help us RIM? RIM says, this is a problem..we can fix this. A few days later, June 3rd or 4th they Brick these Storms and Tours that have jumped ship, send them out service book wipes,they tell verizon they did it and say "now let's secure our next round of exclusivity contracts..."

"Oh and by the way, Tmobile...See what we did to protect Verizon? Yes, we know we're kind and gracious...We'll be offerng you some exclusive devices next..and we'll protect you the same way."

I dunno---That's my two cents worth...Maybe I'm way off, but it doesn't seem logical that Tmobile would want to **** off it's customers who are at the upper end of profitabilty.
    Last edited by tvosselm; 06-10-10 at 06:42 PM.
    06-10-10 05:03 PM
    Well said tvosselm, and here is my conclusion, written in a different thread:

I think that Verizon has a data base that carry the black listed Blackberry phones (Stolen, lost, damaged, etc....), which will be easily uploaded into RIM Servers. Where they can be checked and forbidden from using their BES or BIS service.
    The reason I am guessing this is: I have a friend who own a cellular shop, he flashes phones including Blackberry from Verizon or Sprint ( Good or Bad ESN) to work with Cricket. He's been in a meeting with Cricket, he was told that they are going to launch the Blackberry Service sometimes in August this year.
    He asked what Blackberry models are they going to launch. they replied it will be the Curve (8530).
    Once he asked if he can flash any Verizon or Sprint blackberries, they said yes, but IT HAS TO BE CLEAN ESN AND PIN. Otherwise RIM will not register their PIN on their BES/BIS Servers.
    06-10-10 05:30 PM
    On to party #3, RIM. RIM's motive to do this, is by far the most significant. Here's the way, I see it going down. RIM executives have a meeting with Verizon Executives on June 1st to discuss device exclusivity contracts for the next model of phones. Verizon says, you know we're subsidizing the phones to get customers, the come over by a 500.00 phone for 149.99 and then break the contract, pay the 200.00 contract fee, and walk with a 500.00+ Bberry for 350.00. How can you help us RIM? RIM says, this is a problem..we can fix this. A few days later, June 3rd or 4th they Brick these Storms and Tours that have jumped ship, send them out service book wipes,they tell verizon they did it and say "now let's secure our next round of exclusivity contracts..."

"Oh and by the way, Tmobile...See what we did to protect Verizon? Yes, we know we're kind and gracious...We'll be offerng you some exclusive devices next..and we'll protect you the same way."
    If this were true it would affect all "ex-Verizon" devices across all networks, not just T-mobile...
    06-10-10 07:38 PM
    So for that to be anywhere near true, we'd need to hear if any of these people who lost data bought their phones brand new, full price. If someone who paid full price for a BRAND NEW phone lost data, the bad PIN theory wont hold.

I'm on ATT, but this is EXACTLY why i paid full price for a brand new phone. I even checked the status screen with the "buyr" typed to make sure it wasn't used before.

This is a bad deal though, I hope it gets straightened out soon. I would be pissed beyond belief if this happened to me. I like this S2 a lot more than my Bold 9000.

I read somewhere else, T-Mobile may have accidentally let their service books expire without knowing. ****, that could have been in this thread. lol I think it was a comment in the recent Blog post about the subject though.
    06-10-10 07:39 PM
    I read somewhere else, T-Mobile may have accidentally let their service books expire without knowing. ****, that could have been in this thread. lol I think it was a comment in the recent Blog post about the subject though.
    No, not true, I am with tmobile, I installed two days ago OOAKDBPC Hybrid and my BB just registered fine without any problem with internet or email. I installed yesterday Lyricidal Hybrid. the same thing happend. No issues at all.
    I just made a custom hybrid, installed it, and my storm just registered fine.

The theory of bad PINs is most likely.
    06-10-10 11:09 PM
    ah, ok. Good to know.
    06-11-10 02:38 AM
    My Storm 2 was sealed brand new in box whenI bought it and it doesn't work. I bought a Droid and love it. So long blackberry, it was fun while it lasted.
    06-11-10 01:17 PM
    Do you have the annoying problem of your mms disappearing in the service book after a reboot? If not, how did you fix this issue?
    06-11-10 01:42 PM
    My Storm 2 was sealed brand new in box whenI bought it and it doesn't work. I bought a Droid and love it. So long blackberry,
    it was fun while it lasted.
    Brand new in the box does not necessarily mean it has a good PIN.

Do you have the annoying problem of your mms disappearing in the service book after a reboot? If not, how did you fix this issue?
    A thread is already there, how to fix this, yes. you have to enter legacy mode to correct this each time you reboot your device and fix the MMS, check it here:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f145/un...hreads-469273/
    06-11-10 02:33 PM
    this really sucks...i just cop my BB 2 weeks ago...and this **** happens. i guess i got to get a t mobile bold
    06-11-10 07:19 PM
    Brand new in the box does not necessarily mean it has a good PIN.

A thread is already there, how to fix this, yes. you have to enter legacy mode to correct this each time you reboot your device and fix the MMS, check it here:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f145/un...hreads-469273/

These are the most basic instructions, if anyone who had the tmobile problem didn't immediately try these when their phone stopped working initially, doesn't deserve to have a blackberry away from it's native network...These don't fix the current t-mobile issue, and are the basic way to get any blackberry working away from it's native network.
    06-14-10 01:55 PM
62 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD