My Storm2 Just crapped out. I upgraded from the Storm 1 on Release Day. It's been working awesome. Over the past couple days I started noticing some wierdness in the touch screen, mostly near the new softkeys. They would be very firm. Tonight, I was cranking away on it and all of a sudden, the screen just started going nuts. it's started making phone calls and no matter where i pressed on the screen, other areas light up or a touch makes a "stutter" of clicks.

I've pulled the battery a half dozen times and no change. Even left it out for an hour. Anyone else experience this? I am going to the store in the AM to exchange, but if I hear more reports, I am going to return it and re-activate my Storm 1.
    11-11-09 09:31 PM
    Never heard of it.
    11-11-09 09:32 PM
    no...havent experience this. take it back. seem like a electicial short or something wrong with the software. did you drop it or anything?
    11-12-09 12:39 AM
    This has never happened to mine.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-12-09 06:26 AM
    Thanks, was a bit worried because I haven't dropped it and I was sitting at a table and just got done showing someone the difference in feel compared to their storm 1. It just started responding strangely so I did a battery pull. One thing I did notice was that during boot, if I pressed the black area above the screen where speaker is, it was generating screen click sounds.
    11-12-09 07:28 AM
    Lol...sounds like someone dropped it. I'm not saying you did, but you shouldnt be getting any clicking up there lol. Just return it. If it is just a hardware defect, then that happens. I mean, there are always hardware defects int he manufacturing process. Some people are just unlucky and get the lame duck devices. It happens in every industry. Don't give up on the S2 yet. It's an amazing device.
    11-12-09 08:54 AM
    i was carring my first one back to store for a send button click problem and it did what your descibing in the store in front of the Person Helping me....it was awesome she said here take the battery out let me go grab you another new phone!
    11-12-09 09:06 AM
    What you are describing could be the result of water damage too.
    11-12-09 09:07 AM
    My Storm2 Just crapped out. I upgraded from the Storm 1 on Release Day. It's been working awesome. Over the past couple days I started noticing some wierdness in the touch screen, mostly near the new softkeys. They would be very firm. Tonight, I was cranking away on it and all of a sudden, the screen just started going nuts. it's started making phone calls and no matter where i pressed on the screen, other areas light up or a touch makes a "stutter" of clicks.

I've pulled the battery a half dozen times and no change. Even left it out for an hour. Anyone else experience this? I am going to the store in the AM to exchange, but if I hear more reports, I am going to return it and re-activate my Storm 1.
    For a few days now mine has been doingthe same... Its driving me nutz..i love this phone...but what do i do? I have had it since Christmas. Now i have to keep pulling the bat...i touch one thing and onther opens, i try to text and it adds wrong letters...i try to opne contacts and somethings else opens...and NO i havent dropped it... I did the up date for it and that didnt fix it... Anyone have any ideas...
    05-25-10 09:12 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD