Lately I've been having a problem with my Storm2 doing a full reset/battery pull after I holster it in my Seidio holster. I would txt or bbm someone, holster it and if I pull out the phone to check it. See its resettinv. Its doing this at random times so I can't pinpoint if its a certain program I'm running or a keystroke, etc.

I'm running OS .607. I quickpull my phone at least twice a week on schedule so I know its nit been too long since a battery pull.

Please help.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-09-10 02:26 PM
    It sounds like it could be a loose battery issue. There is a bit of increased shaking/movement when you holster or unholster your device, so it may be that the battery is experiencing a very brief break with the terminals.

I have a reissued 2 (sticking keys issue on the first one) and there are two pads on the back door, one directly over the battery to keep it more secure. If yours does not have one, you can take it in to your local VZW store and ask them to put one on (my store told me that they had pulled all of their in-stock inventory and put pads on). You could also do something yourself, with a piece of cardboard or whatever, but the little pads they use are perfect for this, so I'd suggest that.

Lately I've been having a problem with my Storm2 doing a full reset/battery pull after I holster it in my Seidio holster. I would txt or bbm someone, holster it and if I pull out the phone to check it. See its resettinv. Its doing this at random times so I can't pinpoint if its a certain program I'm running or a keystroke, etc.

I'm running OS .607. I quickpull my phone at least twice a week on schedule so I know its nit been too long since a battery pull.

Please help.

05-09-10 02:37 PM
    I have noticed that when I lightly press on the battery cover it depresses which seemed odd.

Do they replace the whole back door or install some thicket padding? I installed the zagg cover on my phone and don't want to lose it.

05-09-10 03:29 PM
    Just remove your back cover (not sure what the Zagg cover "covers" does it prevent you from pulling off your back cover? whoa) and see if there's any padding already attached to the cover. There will be some give when you press on the cover, that's not unusual, the cover is not solid steel.

By the way, I meant to mention before, that this is a Storm 2, not a 1. There is no reason to do battery pulls or resets unless you're having some app conflict or something. Memory remains very stable on the S2. Mine fluctuates less than 1 MB over days of doing no pulls. I know of people that have gone over three weeks without one and have no problems. I would be one of those except for the fact that I tend to leave my phone on 24/7 and often wind up without it plugged in to charge and have to install my spare battery.

I have noticed that when I lightly press on the battery cover it depresses which seemed odd.

Do they replace the whole back door or install some thicket padding? I installed the zagg cover on my phone and don't want to lose it.

05-09-10 04:26 PM

Please help.

I noticed the same thing also the other day. It seemed to happen when the battery level hit a certain percentage. This also started after I installed Trapster. I'm at 35% battery level and it's not resetting. Seems to have resolved itself for now.
    05-09-10 06:59 PM
    Just remove your back cover (not sure what the Zagg cover "covers" does it prevent you from pulling off your back cover? whoa) and see if there's any padding already attached to the cover. There will be some give when you press on the cover, that's not unusual, the cover is not solid steel.

By the way, I meant to mention before, that this is a Storm 2, not a 1. There is no reason to do battery pulls or resets unless you're having some app conflict or something. Memory remains very stable on the S2. Mine fluctuates less than 1 MB over days of doing no pulls. I know of people that have gone over three weeks without one and have no problems. I would be one of those except for the fact that I tend to leave my phone on 24/7 and often wind up without it plugged in to charge and have to install my spare battery.

I'm still able to remove the back door with the Zagg cover. I was just wondering if the Verizon store would replace my cover with a new one, so I wouldn't have my Zagg anymore.

There is padding on the inside of my back cover. It just sems like its not thick enough.

I only do quickpulls not for extra memory, but after a few days of playing with the phone, its like the phone OS becomes sluggish and I have to press a little harder when typing on the screen. After a quickpull/battery pull the sceen is very easy to type on. Almost to the point where its "too" sensitive. But after an hour or so, the screen returns to its normal feeling.
    05-09-10 07:05 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD