Okay, so this latest article from Engadget is completely throwing me for a loop. A leaked training slide details a Storm2 refresh, with 512MB of RAM, Wifi N, 5MP Camera, and support for mobile hotspots.

BlackBerry Storm 3 detailed in training slide: same look, more RAM? -- Engadget

I'm really trying to wrap my head around this one, because I still anticipate seeing the Storm 3 by the end of this year. If this refresh rumor is true, then I don't see that being the case. The Storm devices need more than just a refresh and they need it this year. I know Sal alluded to a refresh around September, so I don't know. I know that can't be the S3 though. This is very disappointing. Makes me question the ability of the current 9550 to run OS6. Anyone have any insight into this?
    07-19-10 01:39 PM
    Already posted [HERE] mate.
    Absolutely ridiculous on RIM's part if this is the case. Good grief, enough...
    07-19-10 01:42 PM
    Its so people who crave BlackBerry 6 real bad can burn their upgrade on a barely enhanced s2 with the new os and then pay retail for the s3 out of buyers remorse.

I will personally be waiting it out for the real deal.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-19-10 02:30 PM
    Its so people who crave BlackBerry 6 real bad can burn their upgrade on a barely enhanced s2 with the new os and then pay retail for the s3 out of buyers remorse.

I will personally be waiting it out for the real deal.

Well said and I couldn't agree more...I'm not burning my upgrade for a "refresh;" I want a kick a$$ Storm3!
    07-19-10 02:35 PM
    I just hate how RIM isn't doing any official statement clearing so many things for us.
    07-19-10 02:41 PM
    If my S2 can't run OS6, I'm moving on from Blackberry.
    07-19-10 03:55 PM
    Samsung SCH WM Phone -> Treo 700W -> Samsung i760 -> BB S1 -> BB S2 -> Droid X ? -> S4 ?. (My Migration Path)

Get it RIM???? Nothing new means I move!
    07-19-10 04:05 PM
    If my S2 can't run OS6, I'm moving on from Blackberry.
    When the Storm2 was introduced, wasn't the new OS available for the S1?

TIA
    07-19-10 08:00 PM
    When the Storm2 was introduced, wasn't the new OS available for the S1?

TIA
    Yes it was.
    07-19-10 08:04 PM
    Yes it was.
    Okie Dokie,
    TKS
    07-19-10 08:14 PM
    if my s2 can't run os6, i'm moving on from blackberry.
    ok.....

-----------
    07-19-10 08:43 PM
    Why do you call it a Storm2 refresh? Its the Storm3 and it would be coming out in November or December.

Now the interesting thing is that Salomondrin previously suggested that the Storm3 would be an LTE device running its own OS and likely 1GB of memory and would not be released until next year. So the question should be what happened to that? Was it just a rumor someone passed along to purposely distract us? Or is RIM already starting to develop the Storm4?

By the way, for those of you who aren't happy with the so called specs (which are still just rumored, but are more likely than what Salomondrin posted), just what do you want to see? Its easy to say its not good enough, but why and how would you improve in it?

07-19-10 09:30 PM
    Yes, a refresh. The article didn't mention a processor upgrade. It did mention more memory, WiFi-N, the ability to run OS 6 (the way it should run, not struggle), the new browser. Not quite all the goodies that Sal mentioned. So ... to me it's a refresh.
    07-19-10 09:42 PM
    Why do you call it a Storm2 refresh? Its the Storm3 and it would be coming out in November or December. (snip)
    Because that's what it is. The storm 3 that was rumored previously is not this phone. I guess you'd call it a storm 4? But yea the source itself calls it a refresh.

07-19-10 09:50 PM
    Sounds like something RIM will do. Minor differences and make it a new phone.
    Storm 1 > Storm 2-New Screen, more memory and wifi
    Storm 2 > Storm 3?-More Memory, upgraded Wifi, New OS

Just like the Tour to Bold 9650- Wifi, Trackpad and more memory.
    07-19-10 09:52 PM
    The title "Odin Refresh" is just another way to say they're making a new version of the same thing, just like the Bold 9650 was a refresh of the Tour 9630. But you guys are reading more into this then there is as you all had worked yourself up to the hopes that Salomondrin posted the truth when it was just rumor (and he even made it clear that it was just rumor). This is why you have to look at rumors as just that, rumors. They may or may not come to fruition. But don't forget that this supposed Storm (again, still just rumor, so don't read too much into it just yet) will also supposedly get wifi hotspot capabilities (not available in any previous BB).

Also remember that this was just one slide. It didn't discuss the processor, so we have no clue whatsoever if the processor will stay the same as the Storm2, or if it's getting upgraded.

You guys are getting up in arms over something which gives a very incomplete picture. If you choose to do so, I guess that's up to you, but I'll choose to wait for more concrete info before reaching my conclusions. And at the end of the day, this is still a BlackBerry device which is used extensively by the corporate world, so it will continue to walk in the corporate world. If you want a great consumer phone with all the supposed bells and whistles, then maybe BlackBerry isn't the right device for you. But if you want a device that does what BlackBerry does well, then it is what it is.
    Last edited by Krypto; 07-20-10 at 02:03 AM.
    07-20-10 01:45 AM
    what is a training slide for? where could they possibly be when viewing the slide? e.g. verizon office? rim office?
    07-20-10 03:07 AM
    The Odin Refresh IS the S3. Odin Refresh is the codename.
    07-20-10 05:39 AM
    I just hate how RIM isn't doing any official statement clearing so many things for us.
    I just hate how 99% of you on this site think you've got it all figured out and are making assumptions based on some stupid blurry*ss photo, for those that haven't seen it on Sal's site, here's what he's showing is rumored and he's been rarely wrong in the past either.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f40/new...9/#post5366320
    07-20-10 07:03 AM
    I agree with dkingsf, if my s2 cant run bb 6 or there isn't a promotion to upgrade to the s2 refresh for less than $100, i'm moving to an android powered phone like he htc incredible or droid x
    07-20-10 11:42 AM
    Okay, so this latest article from Engadget is completely throwing me for a loop. A leaked training slide details a Storm2 refresh, with 512MB of RAM, Wifi N, 5MP Camera, and support for mobile hotspots.

BlackBerry Storm 3 detailed in training slide: same look, more RAM? -- Engadget

I'm really trying to wrap my head around this one, because I still anticipate seeing the Storm 3 by the end of this year. If this refresh rumor is true, then I don't see that being the case. The Storm devices need more than just a refresh and they need it this year. I know Sal alluded to a refresh around September, so I don't know. I know that can't be the S3 though. This is very disappointing. Makes me question the ability of the current 9550 to run OS6. Anyone have any insight into this?
    S2 continues to be a disappointment!!
    07-20-10 11:49 AM
    S2 continues to be a disappointment!!
    So do you, with your inane comments on this forum.
    07-20-10 11:58 AM
    Can't see it, but I'm sure the post above is another stupid/rude/argumentative post-count fluffer
    Last edited by plkcable; 07-20-10 at 12:09 PM.
    07-20-10 12:06 PM
    Dont worry! If no os6 then.....Yes!!! Any unlocked bb storm2 at 8/10 condition for sale? $150 i will consider taking it!
    07-20-10 02:17 PM
    Dont worry! If no os6 then.....Yes!!! Any unlocked bb storm2 at 8/10 condition for sale? $150 i will consider taking it!
    Make it $199.00 and you can have mine now. I will throw in 2 batteries, 2 wall chargers and otter box
    07-20-10 07:08 PM
28 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD