Still waiting .................................................. ........... LEAK ALREADY!!!!!!!!
    04-23-10 09:27 AM
    hopefully all will be revealed next week at WES (4/27-29)... no one really knows which if any current devices will run 6.0... other than 9650, all else is a guess... but it would be great if the 9XXX series devices were able to upgrade to 6.0... (well, all except the 9630... which sucks - that's for my good buddy... )
    04-23-10 09:37 AM
    Nevermind.

After reading through the thread, I see that is has digressed from being a 9550 6.0 waiting room into an Android vs BlackBerry rant.

Not interested. Unsubscribed.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    I don't know what you have been reading but there seems to be little of that going on.

Where oh where is OS 6.0. Would take the webkit though.
    04-23-10 09:37 AM
    I'm sure they'll say their intentions in terms of backfilling older devices at WES when 6.0 gets announced. Give it a few more days and at least we'll know one way or the other.
    04-23-10 10:15 AM
    .607 is junk, and the worst OS yet installed on my device. I have gone with a hybrid to avoid downgrading to .517.

VZW should be ashamed of themselves for releasing this pos.
    Me to. Im still checking for the fix for google maps
    04-23-10 10:18 AM
    Me to. Im still checking for the fix for google maps
    its been fixed for several days now
    04-23-10 10:20 AM
    its been fixed for several days now
    Thanks, thats why I originaly came here but got sidetracked by this thread
    04-23-10 12:46 PM
    Arr you fucving kidding? The whole list or just the top ten? Email - non truncated. More than 1 BES mailbox. Automatic download of HTML emails. Downloads more than 2 megs. Play ring tones and alerts through headsets. Much much better implementation of cut and paste. Freed up device memory. Allow applications to utilize SD card. Inertial scrolling. Faster, smoother web browser. Implementation of Adobe flash. Allow full backup including pic IDs to SD card. Full implimentation of voice commands throughout OS.
    I got more. Want more? Better development tools. Widgets. Multiple home screens. Drag and drop icons. .....

I agree with most of this also.

The thing that really gets me is that when I get into a discussion that starts comparing BB's (not just the S2) to other devices, the others are able to do certain business functions that the BB can't. And aren't BB's supposed to be THE business device. I still like the phone, but sometimes it is a letdown. I hope they are making some real changes, & soon because they're falling behind.
    04-23-10 01:03 PM
    I am actually really excited about the multiple BES since I run a BES server, I am constantly troubleshooting things on other servers this will allow me to test without wiping my phone everytime
    04-23-10 01:28 PM
    about to go from S1 to S2 but was wanting to also know how much % sure we are that S2 will support most if not all the features of OS6 including new webkit, pinch zoom etc.

i read the blog earlier this week of OS6 and read the one of the 512mb bold, but was still left on the edge of my seat scratching the top of my head. And i was like this because if i knew 100% that S2 could 100% support os6 then i wouldnt even be here typing this.

also I'm eagerly waiting to hear from the CB guys that will be attending WES to know for sure who can run it and who cant.

(of course even if S1 will be able to run it - im still hopping over to S2)
    04-23-10 02:15 PM
    I think the should rename this OS to 6.BLOW
    04-23-10 03:11 PM
    So it's been confirmed, new webkit browser will only be available in 6.0 - not as a standalone!

Front page of Crackberry:
    WebKit clarification - Mike L. clarified that the WebKit browser is an integrated part of OS 6.0. It's not a standalone app (you won't be able to install the WebKit browser on OS 5.0 for example). He further elloborated saying that it's not really a "webkit browser" but a WebKit rendering engine, which can be/is leveraged in areas/apps beyond just the browser.
    04-26-10 02:23 PM
    So it's been confirmed, new webkit browser will only be available in 6.0 - not as a standalone!
    Well.....

Crap

I was hoping for some hybrid guru to be able to pull it out and incorporate it into 5.0.

04-26-10 02:31 PM

Front page of Crackberry:
    WebKit clarification - Mike L. clarified that the WebKit browser is an integrated part of OS 6.0. It's not a standalone app (you won't be able to install the WebKit browser on OS 5.0 for example). He further elloborated saying that it's not really a "webkit browser" but a WebKit rendering engine, which can be/is leveraged in areas/apps beyond just the browser.
    Sow what does that mean? Current S2 owners wont be seeing the 6.0 upgrade?

I've been following the WES convention and have not read such thing
    04-26-10 02:46 PM
    "OS 6.0 Backwards Compatibility - It seems the analysts in the room had the same burning question we have in terms of what current in-market devices will get OS 6.0. Mike L. didn't answer the question directly, but did make it clear that RIM will continue to do what they always do - carry on support for older devices as it makes sense (within memory limitations). So expect to see 6.0 launch on a new device and from there we'll see it trickle out to at least some current devices."

Older devices within memory limitations? The Storm2 is, after the bold family, the fastest BB with the most memory!!! Only this new CDMA bold has more memory. I don't see why we won't get the new OS, honestly.
    04-26-10 02:55 PM
    I think we will get it. It's the "trickle down" plus waiting for Verizon or a leak may be a little longer than other carriers getting it. As long as we get it before the Storm 3 rolls out. It's definitely going to be a focus point for many that's upgrading in the fall
    04-26-10 03:06 PM
    Sow what does that mean? Current S2 owners wont be seeing the 6.0 upgrade?

I've been following the WES convention and have not read such thing
    Has no bearing on whether we'll get 6.0, just that the new browser will not be available as a standalone app.
    04-26-10 03:11 PM
    Rumor is that 6 will still not have full screen caller ID or updates to BB maps that include turn by turn voice navigation. Sad really, how far they let this platform fall.

04-26-10 04:02 PM
    Has no bearing on whether we'll get 6.0, just that the new browser will not be available as a standalone app.
    "OS 6.0 Backwards Compatibility - It seems the analysts in the room had the same burning question we have in terms of what current in-market devices will get OS 6.0. Mike L. didn't answer the question directly, but did make it clear that RIM will continue to do what they always do - carry on support for older devices as it makes sense (within memory limitations). So expect to see 6.0 launch on a new device and from there we'll see it trickle out to at least some current devices."

Older devices within memory limitations? The Storm2 is, after the bold family, the fastest BB with the most memory!!! Only this new CDMA bold has more memory. I don't see why we won't get the new OS, honestly.

What about the pinch to zoom feature? and what do you mean by the new browser not being a standalone app?

As the my title says, i'm only a bberry user at this point and not an abuser...... sorry if I sound amature
    04-26-10 04:10 PM
    6.0 features pinch zooming...
    04-26-10 04:20 PM
    6.0 features pinch zooming...
    Right, but would that make it out to current S2 owners or only be featured in new phones???? That is the question.

I have confidence that we will receive some sort of 6.0, but what will come with it is the bigger question at hand
    04-26-10 04:26 PM
    what do you mean by the new browser not being a standalone app?
    Essentially just that you will not be able to extract the new browser and install it on a device running 5.0 or lower.

An example would be BBM 5 leaking out before it was officially released by RIM. Those who wanted it were able to install it without needing a full OS update. Unfortunately it is now clear that we won't be seeing any leaks for the new browser and will have to hope and wait for OS 6.0 to come out for the S2.

I have confidence that we will receive some sort of 6.0, but what will come with it is the bigger question at hand
    I would say that 6.0 is going to be 6.0! In other words, they will not have a stripped down version for older phones and a "fully featured" version for new ones.
    04-26-10 04:43 PM
    What about the pinch to zoom feature? and what do you mean by the new browser not being a standalone app?

As the my title says, i'm only a bberry user at this point and not an abuser...... sorry if I sound amature
    We have capacitive screens with multitouch as it is, so pinching to zoom shouldn't be an issue (if it is an issue, it's a graphics card problem, not screen hwardware, because as of right now the phone can register two fingers at a time).
    04-26-10 04:47 PM
    Thanks for the answers fellas!!!!!

I was down a bit upon hearing news of 6.0 maybe not making it out to current S2 owners and implemented only on newer phones, but with your help, I now know that I have nothing to fear.

Can't wait!!!!!!!!
    04-26-10 05:12 PM
    Thanks for the answers fellas!!!!!

I was down a bit upon hearing news of 6.0 maybe not making it out to current S2 owners and implemented only on newer phones, but with your help, I now know that I have nothing to fear.

Can't wait!!!!!!!!

im still not 100% though i would like to be hehe

i cant wait to hear what will be mentioned tomorrow and at worst thursday (last day of WES).

CANT WAIT!!! 8-)
    04-26-10 05:22 PM
205 ... 34567 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD