I have become very adept at using my curve with the trackball with one hand.

For those who have used a curve or Tour, how does the storm compare? I really like the Storms large screen, I played with one at the VZW store and like the kybd, but really can't tell at the store with a tether on the phone how it works just pulling out my pocket and answering or scrolling down to a number etc. Thanks for the input.
    11-11-09 09:32 AM
    I have actually gotten used to it. I can type with one hand pretty well, as well as navigate.

I could text while driving (I know, I know, please no lecture) with my 9700 or Curve much easier. I don't even try with the 9550.
    11-11-09 09:34 AM
    I can one handedly use the storm/S2 better than I could with my old Moto Q
    11-11-09 10:05 AM
    I can one handedly use the storm/S2 better than I could with my old Moto Q
    Yea, but that's because it isn't a Q!

I had one, it was terrible.

But @OP, I have no problem typing on my 9550 with one hand - even in landscape mode (I'm a driver/texter too)
    11-11-09 10:16 AM
    How about navigating (not the driving type;-) about the screen. The trackball is very easy, can you do things on screen with 1 hand. Find contacts, start apps, scroll on a map, and does it take lots of concentration to do on touch screen vs. using the trackball? I will have to go back to vzw store to play more!
    11-11-09 10:39 AM
    I can navigate one handed, but not while blind (aka trying to navigate while driving). That said, I wasn't someone who used to do those sorts of things when I had a non-touchscreen phone. I think it could eventually become intuitive, if you practiced.
    11-11-09 11:07 AM
    I had a Curve for two years and have had my S2 since it came out. There was definitely an adjustment period, but having been a palm user previously, I really appreciate the touchscreen.

I find I can navigate the screen much fast than with the trackball. Only thing that has slowed down is one-handed typed (yes, while driving), but even that is coming along as I get used to the portrait on-screen keyboard.
    11-11-09 11:25 AM
    It is probably easier than the curve to do sicne its a touchscreen. the only difficult part is hitting the unlock button lol

90% of the time I am only holding my S2 with one hand. The only time I use 2 is when I am typing
    11-11-09 12:02 PM
    I can type with either one hand or both got prett good since I had the storm 1 for a year.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-11-09 12:10 PM
    I had a Curve for two years and have had my S2 since it came out. There was definitely an adjustment period, but having been a palm user previously, I really appreciate the touchscreen.

I find I can navigate the screen much fast than with the trackball. Only thing that has slowed down is one-handed typed (yes, while driving), but even that is coming along as I get used to the portrait on-screen keyboard.
    Funny you say that. I also came to the curve from a treo, and when I first got the curve, I keep pressing the screen with my fingers and wondering why nothing was happening! I really missed the touchscreen, but I think you learn to adjust quickly to whatever you have. Thanks to all for all the input.
    11-11-09 12:36 PM
    I had a Curve for 18 months and a Tour for 30 days...had the storm 2 since it came out...I def can't text and drive as well as i did with the other curve/tour...but still doable...there is definitely a learning curve to the touchscreen though...the first 2-3 days i was so frustrated, i almost sold the storm 2 and bought another tour, but after sticking with it i wouldnt trade it for the world. As far as pulling out of your pocket and navigating...really easy...every icon is on your screen and instead of having to scroll too it with a trackball you just click with your finger...easily done with one hand.
    11-11-09 02:30 PM
    I definitely do not miss the trackball on my curve. I navigate much faster on my S2

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-11-09 02:56 PM
    All of you texting and driving------you scare me!!! I keep looking at the top of your posts for your locations. lol So far none of you live near me. Whew!
    11-11-09 04:18 PM
    Navigation = easier then curve/tour
    Typing = little more difficult then curve/tour

The typing isn't harder because of it being a touchscreen. Too me the added weight to the phone compared to a curve makes it a little more difficult to type. As far as precision/accuracy and typing while not looking (driving) the suretype keyboard is very good.

Navigation is easy as flick+click. No scrolling around side to side or up and down. Just flick and touch, EZ!
    11-11-09 04:33 PM
    All of you texting and driving------you scare me!!! I keep looking at the top of your posts for your locations. lol So far none of you live near me. Whew!
    I second that! remind me not to visit Florida.
    11-11-09 04:35 PM
    I have become very adept at using my curve with the trackball with one hand.

For those who have used a curve or Tour, how does the storm compare? I really like the Storms large screen, I played with one at the VZW store and like the kybd, but really can't tell at the store with a tether on the phone how it works just pulling out my pocket and answering or scrolling down to a number etc. Thanks for the input.
    i was just thinking about this on my way home today... i use to have a curve and have had a storm 2 for 2 and a half days now.. i was way better at texting and driving with my curve but i'm hoping with time i'll get better... everything is new so while i can text accurately and at a decent rate i actually have to pay attention to the letters i'm pressing unlike with the curve where i would just press the keys and look at what i wrote after to see if it was correct... i cant even walk and text right now.. but i love the phone and i wouldn't trade it for the world...navigation is super easy and big and better than having to use the track ball on the curve cause u can just press exactly what you want...anyhoo i'm good at texting i just have to be at stop light or stopped on the freeway at this point...
    11-12-09 09:07 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD