07-01-10 08:29 AM
29 12
tools
    Dispite the complaints by some for my post, I got the answers I wanted.

I picked up a Storm 2 tonight, will put it through it's paces over the next few days.

One thing I miss was all the Speed-Dials I had before, now I am limited to 9. Certainly not a deal breaker.
    07-01-10 01:11 AM

I picked up a Storm 2 tonight, will put it through it's paces over the next few days.

One thing I miss was all the Speed-Dials I had before, now I am limited to 9. Certainly not a deal breaker.
    Is there a voice dial features in storm2? i think so.. never try b4. u can explore maybe. well done stormers!
    07-01-10 04:06 AM

Glad you got the answers. Like I said it will take some time, it was longer for me as I came from a standard phone. I may be a "Newbe" on here but I've been on computers, BBS and now forums for long long time. Your questions were valid. BTW if I need to put on my glasses to use my cell, then its not for me. You can change the font size on the S2, try that on a Droid.

Yes there is voice dialing, never tried yet...
    07-01-10 06:28 AM
    I took a trip to the Verizon store. I tried the Storm2 for about 1/2 hour. Just didn't like the interface. Love the larger screen. I'm either going to stick with the 8330 for now, or go for the Bold 9650. I like the touchpad on the 9650.

The biggest drawback on the S2 for me is the keyboard entry. I tried my best and could not get the right letters to register.

I do appreciate all the info.
    turn the phone to landscape mode its easier for people with large fingers, i too started out with a curve 8330 and the storm 2 is my second bb and i love this phone, i still have my curve only pull it out to get a giggle at the screen size, i have a spare battery for my storm, but havent had to switch yet and i have heavy usage daily, but yes it takes time to get used to the storm interface while typing but after a while you will find it is faster and easier than the curve
    07-01-10 08:29 AM
29 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD