HOT OFF THE PRESSES!!!!

PLEASE GIVE FEEDBACK IF YOU LIKE OR USE THESE ICONS

So after fiddling with my settings on the phone and pc just a few minutes ago, I figured out how to get my old style of icons to work for the Storm2! If you want to use these, just download the attached file and follow the instructions below.

On Blackberry Storm2
    -Go into Options
    -Select Memory
    -Turn ON "Mass Storage Mode Support"
    -Set "Auto Enable Mass Storage Mode When Connected" to YES

On any Windows PC
    -Download and extract the attachment
    -Extract the 9550.zip files into the Storm2 built-in memory (2gb)
    -Extract the s16gb.zip files into the Storm2 MicroSD memory (16gb)
    -Reconnect device to see changes

NOTE: You can edit the autorun.inf file and change label= to whatever you want it and it will display that text when connected.

I will be adding this to my Blackberry Icons thread which contains many other devices. Link to that thread is below and also in my sig.
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f2/blac...ons-pc-197803/

I will also still be working on the Device Stage specifically for Windows 7. I am looking for coders, graphic designers, and testers for that.
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f145/wi...storm2-355767/

Last edited by TheHeartlessHero; 11-06-09 at 04:25 AM.
    11-06-09 04:15 AM
    Sweet. I can't wait till you get the Windows7 stuff finished. All my PCs are running it now and I'd love that for when my Storm2 arrives. When it does get in I'll definitely be a tester for you if you still need it.
    11-06-09 04:18 AM
    Sure, just post in the other thread so I can keep track

Since there is like no Device Stage support for RIM at the moment, these icons provide a little bit of personality to the device. This way, you loose the info regarding the charging of the device but really, you can get that from the screen. However, I wholely intend to switch to Device Stage for my Storm2 once I get it up and working.

Also, if anyone wants other icons, maybe for a different MicroSD card or different shot of the Storm2, landscape, or 9520, just post here and I will make it and add it to this post as well as my icon thread.
    11-06-09 04:25 AM
    Thanks! This is pretty slick!
    11-06-09 01:02 PM
    Cool!! Thanks for the icons!
    11-06-09 01:22 PM
    Awesome. I did something similar to this a while back for my Storm 9530. I'll use yours for my S2.

Another thing I recommend is highlighting the icon and autorun files and right-clicking...go to properties, and click "Hidden" and OK. That way they won't show up while you're looking through the drives (unless you have "Show hidden files and folders" active of course).
    Last edited by Azothyran; 11-06-09 at 01:44 PM.
    11-06-09 01:33 PM
    ah, i don't know what "device stage" is. is it part of Win 7?
    11-06-09 03:07 PM
    Are these going in the top level of the memory and SDcard or in specific folders?
    11-06-09 03:14 PM
    Thanks. Looks great!
    11-06-09 03:28 PM
    Are these going in the top level of the memory and SDcard or in specific folders?
    Just drop them right in the top level.
    11-06-09 03:29 PM
    They go in the very top level or "root" of the drives. Like D:\ and E:\

And yea, I hide mine too but if I unloaded them hidden, lots of confusion. I also already had done a storm icon in my icon thread. Maybe u should have used that. I think i'll do a Droid icon just for the **** of it when I get home later tonight

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-06-09 03:29 PM
    Thanks dude, all working now.
    11-06-09 08:25 PM
    Glad you guys like it. I will be posting a Droid one in the Droid forums shortly. Bring a ray of sunshine to a cloudly day =P I heard launch day is bad but I don't really know cause I've been at work.
    11-07-09 01:02 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD