Had anyone heard anything about the storm2, curve 8530 , and others being put on the DOA list???

My Storm1 is starting to act up, and I was 'teased' with one of those two BB's but politely declined, and still have an older phone to fall back on, but, now its time to decide on which to get ( hopefully I can hold out until something comes out that I may like)..
    08-24-10 08:33 PM
    Pretty much... the storm 3 (storm 2.5 with OS 6) is coming in about a month (Oct)... so any stock a store has would be it. I have heard that stores sent back Storm 2s (probably to refresh them and make them 3s).
    08-24-10 08:55 PM
    Pretty much... the storm 3 (storm 2.5 with OS 6) is coming in about a month (Oct)... so any stock a store has would be it. I have heard that stores sent back Storm 2s (probably to refresh them and make them 3s).
    Thanks!! Sux but shoulda known it was coming.
    08-24-10 09:04 PM
    Thanks!! Sux but shoulda known it was coming.
    Ummm... Why does that suck?
    08-25-10 06:23 AM
    Ummm... Why does that suck?
    I think what he is trying to say is that "we expect a shelf life of technology' to be more than 9 months, before being abandoned (lets face it, the owners have been abandoned as well.)
    08-25-10 08:43 AM
    If you have the extended warranty, try calling Verizon and asking them to replace your dieing Storm1 with a Storm2. They did that for me and I got a brand new device, no cost to me and no contract extension. The Storm2 is simply amazing by comparison to the Storm1 - Salomandrin was right. I look forward to the Storm3. If it has a big bump in processor speed then I will probably upgrade so that I can run 6.0. This Storm2 has revived my faith in RIM/Blackberry. The Torch was a huge disapointment - as I do not like sliders. I really hope the Storm3 is a solid device and builds upon the greatness in the Storm2.
    08-25-10 11:10 AM
    Buh-Bye

http://forums.crackberry.com/f145/verizon-phase-out-9550-a-519253/

It's been "out of stock" on the VzW site for sometime now...it was only a matter of time once OS6 was released
    08-25-10 11:39 AM
    I think what he is trying to say is that "we expect a shelf life of technology' to be more than 9 months, before being abandoned (lets face it, the owners have been abandoned as well.)
    The speed of advancement (or rather change) in smart phones is very high right now. The Storm is not the only victim, just look at the Motorola Droid, released on October 2009, EOL July 2010 (replacement released August 2010). Pretty similar timeline, eh? Moto Droid didn't get update to latest Android OS either....

Even shorter shelf life was Palm Pre Plus.... it's slated for EOL as well.

And how about HTC Droid Eris.... released November 2009, EOL April 2010, that's only 5 months.

Guess it's good and bad.... it's a very exciting time in smart phone technology - lots of advancements still yet to come, so get ready for 1 year and under shelf life until the advancement cycle slows down....

I'm sensing an overall pattern here in smart phone land unfortunately.
    08-25-10 12:15 PM
    Exactly! It was a long day! LOLO!!
    08-25-10 09:56 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD