I purchased my S2 in Dec'09. 9520 from Wind (Italy).

Since that time I have serious "multiple click" problems with my device. Sometimes I'm unable to unlock the screen (locked with password) for 30 mins and the only way to do it is battery pull.

Today I finally desided to sell my S2 and get a new BB.

Did RIM manage to fix this bug in latest versions of S2? Could someone who purchased S2 in spring'10 tell me about the bugs and other findings in the devices?

Thanks.
    05-13-10 03:25 AM
    Got my S2 in late March 2010 and have no issues with freezing, screen problems or any other bugs. Upgraded to the latest official OS (.607) and have had no problems with that release.
    05-13-10 06:15 AM
    I had similar issues. I purchased mine after the holidays. It worked great. Then suddenly, on mothers day, the bottom buttons, and outer hardware buttons stopped responding. I had to keep battery pulling to be able to read messages. But without the use of the BB button, I was often stuck. Then for some reason it would start working fine. I tested it and found if I placed it in a high conductor such as metal, it would work for a while. Better yet, if I had may hand on a specific door handle it worked. So I think its a problem with static. Needless to say, I returned it. They went through hoops trying to wipe it, reinstall a new OS. After a couple hours they informed me "congratulations" you are getting a replacement phone. This was a phone that has fixed these issues. RIM has a 1 year warranty, so everyone qualifies.
    They may just put you through what they did me.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-13-10 07:43 AM
    I recently got my S2 (yellow-dot on the box) and have been a very satisfied customer. No issues what-so-ever.
    05-13-10 07:59 AM
    Today I overheard some talk about returns on devices, something about free replacements for devices with known issues. The last few weeks my device has been doing some crazy stuff, like clicking the screen once results in six clicks which obviously messes with e-mail and SMS. Is this a known issue that I could get the replacement for? I bought my 9550 within two weeks of release.
    05-13-10 01:13 PM
    Purchased S2 in November '09. Went thru 3 of them in about 5 weeks before finally pulling the plug. Most problems were hardware/assembly related, though I finally decided that the SurePress was more than I wanted to live with for 2 years.

My Bold 9000 started showing signs of age over the past few weeks and decided to try the S2 again (especially after having read about RIM's screen fix)

This S2 is nothing like the previous units I've tried. The clicking and typing is SO slick and far beyond what I was prepared for. It's a keeper. (And now looking forward for 6.0)
    05-13-10 01:44 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD