05-25-10 01:06 PM
62 123
tools
    I'm not having a theory, I'm telling how it is in the UK with Vodafone.
    Yes, the Storm1 had more complaints and still does, always will, its been around longer.
    Do I take the majority of those complaints seriously? Do I feck.

VodafoneUK are not restocking the Storm2 because the number of complaints were too great and the latest "official" vodafoneUK OS did not solve the problems.

I'm not having theories just saying how it is.

As I've always said, 99% of complaints and problems with the Storm1 were bollocks. There are millions of Storm1s out there happily running, including mine. Same with Storm2. Unfortunatley a tiny percentage of complainers have set the agenda.

How many times do we hear "I'm now on my 7th Storm"... because "I have a memory leak"... perlease!!!

And how many times, when the Storm1 was released, did people complain about the touchscreen being unresponsive without realising they hadnt removed the protective "in-carriage" screen protector. :P

Storm2... Ooo the screen is unresponsive. Sometimes I have to press so hard that it makes a clicking noise.

Until relatively recently, in the UK, you had to have a license to own a dog.
    I think a license to own a Blackberry should be a legal requirement before being allowed anywhere near a Blackberry :P
    No License? Get an iPhone... it's more your thing. :P
    Last edited by CiderGuru; 05-20-10 at 03:49 PM.
    05-20-10 03:32 PM
    Hmmm. Perhaps they know of a new device that's just around the corner? Maybe something that starts with an "S" and ends with a "3"?

Not likely, but one can dream!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Yes, storm 1 9530 with OS 4.7.0.103.
    05-20-10 03:38 PM
    ...Until relatively recently, in the UK, you had to have a license to own a dog.
    I think a license to own a Blackberry should be a legal requirement before being allowed anywhere near a Blackberry :P
    No License? Get an iPhone... it's more your thing. :P
    I hear you.
    Common sense is not so common these days. It seems to have been replaced with a sense of entitlement
    05-20-10 04:12 PM
    We are on the same page here
    Flip to to the last page of the book, Don't wanna spoil the story but... Storm1s and Storm2s work. The complainers are still on the index page.

I hear you.
    Common sense is not so common these days. It seems to have been replaced with a sense of entitlement
    05-20-10 04:56 PM
    ... Storm1s and Storm2s work...
    They sure do.
    A friend of mine really liked my Storm2 and wanted to get one, but he didn't want to pay full price and his contract still had another year.
    He ended up finding a Storm1 for the same price he was able to get for the Curve he had. I was a little skeptical because of all the whining I had heard about the Storm1.
    It's been a couple months now and he loves his storm. I must say, I'm quite impressed with his Storm too. The latest OS seems to be working great. No wifi, but he has an unlimited data plan so that's not an issue.

We're both eligible for an upgrade end of the year. Should be good timing for Storm3
    05-20-10 05:39 PM
    Vodafone UK have not discontinued the S2, here is the official response:

" Posted 06 May 2010 - 02:25 PM
    Hi guys,

I can confirm that we definitely haven't discontinued the Storm 2, it's still available for purchase online, just not over the phone. I can also confirm that we have definitely not recalled any phones at all.

George
    eForum Team "

Blackberry Storm 2 - Has It Been Discontinued? - Vodafone eForum - Page 2

05-20-10 10:40 PM
    They sure do.
    A friend of mine really liked my Storm2 and wanted to get one, but he didn't want to pay full price and his contract still had another year.
    He ended up finding a Storm1 for the same price he was able to get for the Curve he had. I was a little skeptical because of all the whining I had heard about the Storm1.
    It's been a couple months now and he loves his storm. I must say, I'm quite impressed with his Storm too. The latest OS seems to be working great. No wifi, but he has an unlimited data plan so that's not an issue.

We're both eligible for an upgrade end of the year. Should be good timing for Storm3
    Love the signature!!!
    05-21-10 01:00 AM
    I don't understand why people have a problem with the vibration... it vibrates better and yes, is louder than my S1.

Thats what she said!
    05-21-10 01:31 AM
    Thats not an official source. Its from a mod on the vodafoneuk "Eforum".
    Those people talk bull****. They are clueless and basically make things up.
    This has been proven countless times.

Vodafone UK have not discontinued the S2, here is the official response:

" Posted 06 May 2010 - 02:25 PM
    Hi guys,

I can confirm that we definitely haven't discontinued the Storm 2, it's still available for purchase online, just not over the phone. I can also confirm that we have definitely not recalled any phones at all.

George
    eForum Team "

Blackberry Storm 2 - Has It Been Discontinued? - Vodafone eForum - Page 2

05-21-10 03:29 AM
    Thats not an official source. Its from a mod on the vodafoneuk "Eforum".
    Those people talk bull****. They are clueless and basically make things up.
    This has been proven countless times.
    Oh yes, it is an official source, young man! ...anyway, I got to move from this underground carpark quickly before anyone sees me
    05-21-10 06:06 AM
    I find this thread interesting. My Storm 1 went flying into the cat's water bowl yesterday. Back popped off, battery flew out and the thing was drenched inside and out. I was sure I it was fried so went to Best Buy and saw that they were having a $1 charge on their new Blackberry's with a 2 year contract renewal. I wanted a Storm 2 but no Best Buy in Illinois, Indiana or Wisconsin on the Illinois border had them. I settled for a Curve, hey any current BB for $1... I did manage to resurrect my Storm from the dead and now I think that maybe I should hang onto it? I just love that device.
    05-25-10 10:45 AM
    Storm2-Gate

My new Storm2 arrived on Monday.

I can assure you that the person at VodafoneUK who sorted this for me said "I have no idea where we are going to find one, but I will find you one"

(And FTR, after putting 5.0.0.607 DRM on it it works flawlessly)

Exhaust fumes. CarPark. Gotta get out.

Oh yes, it is an official source, young man! ...anyway, I got to move from this underground carpark quickly before anyone sees me
    05-25-10 01:06 PM
62 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD