Hope this is a good sign it could be nothing though I'm not getting my hopes up ill be happy with my storm2 till they announce the storm3 as long as it still includes surepress

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-07-10 09:59 AM
    My local Best Buy stated they were receiving no more Storms, not that they were being discontinued. Another good reason to purchase from a VW store, and not from a reseller, as stated previously.

While on this subject, anyone know what the yellow-dot on the box means? I got my S2 last Sunday morning, and it has been nothing but smooth sailing. I'm very happy with it so far!
    05-07-10 10:29 AM
    I don't understand why people have a problem with the vibration... it vibrates better and yes, is louder than my S1.
    05-07-10 11:06 AM
    In the holster and on my belt, I can't feel the vibration quite as well as my Curve. But it's not horrible.
    05-07-10 12:38 PM
    alot of pople prefer to buy at best buy over verizon because best buy NEVER REQUIRES YOU TO MAIL IN FOR A REBATE. all the carriers do that crap not just verizon.
    05-08-10 12:18 AM
    Makes sense now... I'm a sales rep for RadioShack cell kiosks in Northern CA, and we are shipping our S2's out tomorrow and taking them out of the systems. I wonder what's up.

05-08-10 02:41 AM
    This is a very interesting find. It seems that you are correct. This makes me wonder... O.o
    05-08-10 01:17 PM
    Just because Bestbuy is not going to carry S2, it does not mean anything! You think they would get rid of the S2 so soon after the release? Even S1 and all it's issues hung around for ever a year. S2 is a much better device than S1.
    If S3 is around the corner, they would still keep S2 around and we have not heard boo about S3, anyway. I think about November is when we will see S3, if anything.
    05-08-10 02:37 PM
    I was just at Target, I passed their Mobile Solution Center (where they cell devices)
    They don't have the S2 on display, the pricing for it is gone and when I asked the rep, he said they had no more in stock and that there won't be anymore coming in.
    05-08-10 05:42 PM
    I was just at Best Buy yesterday to start a new plan, in their flyer it says $129.99 but the salesman said it was FREE (yay!!) because they wont be getting anymore in.
    05-09-10 05:35 AM
    Sounds like the calm before the Storm...3

I think we have enough experience to learn how well RIM can keep secret information. This is every indication that the 3 is coming. i think they have been distracting us with the clamshell 9670 and the 9800 to catch us off guard. Nobody ever said its mandatory that they have to update phone only 1x per year. They have to keep up with plenty of competition.
    05-09-10 09:02 AM
    hi guys i have just got a storm 2 for my wife on 02 uk . we went around all the shops vodaphone phones 4 u carphonewear house and they all say storm 2 recalled only carphone wear house say it was due to storm 3 soon to be sent out . 02 say nothing reported to them so don't know what going on think it may just be storm 3 around the corner trying to keep up with iphone 3gs
    05-09-10 09:12 AM
    i really hope this is a good sign
    05-09-10 09:37 PM
    I think it's a really good sign we'll see Storm3 before the end of the year.
    05-09-10 10:21 PM
    They are $28.99 at my local walmart.

05-10-10 10:02 AM
    VodafoneUK have withdrawn the Storm2, just clearing the last remaining ones they have. They are not allowed to sell you one over the phone anymore or upgrade you to a Storm2.
    They will also be removing any support for the Storm2 soon... so no more "official" VodafoneUK OS releases.
    This has nothing to do with the Storm3 being iminent, it is due to the number of "complaints" and "problems" with the Storm2.
    I know this because it has taken me three days to renew my contract and get an upgrade from a Storm to a Storm2.
    05-20-10 04:45 AM
    It is funny how this berry series (storm) continues to sell even after all the so "complaints" and issues. I got an s2 as soon as it came out and didn't like it back then but i just came back to it...i really like the screen click although i wish the vibrate would be way better. Nevertheless i really like this device and hope to see a S3 down the road.

P.S. I dont think we'll see anything until late October or some time in November.
    05-20-10 07:33 AM
    If stores aren't being re-supplied with Storm 2s and there is little to no stock available, this would indicate the Storm 3 must be imminent. Otherwise, the smartphone market is totally without the availability of the BB's flagship touchscreen product ... and I can't imagine that going on for very long.
    05-20-10 09:59 AM
    If stores aren't being re-supplied with Storm 2s and there is little to no stock available, this would indicate the Storm 3 must be imminent. Otherwise, the smartphone market is totally without the availability of the BB's flagship touchscreen product ... and I can't imagine that going on for very long.

No it means that there is too much stock of the bad hardware.

I'm not going to go into too much detail, but from what I am told, assurances were made by RIM following the Storm1 regarding hardware returns. With RIM now footing a larger share of the replacement bill, it is essential they have a handle on the issue and number of handsets out there. S2 will be out and being sold for a while, just under tighter control. And look for tighter return controls as well.
    05-20-10 10:13 AM
    Interesting since Verizon is still selling it for 179.99. Just checked this morning.
    05-20-10 11:54 AM
    No it means that there is too much stock of the bad hardware.

I'm not going to go into too much detail, but from what I am told, assurances were made by RIM following the Storm1 regarding hardware returns. With RIM now footing a larger share of the replacement bill, it is essential they have a handle on the issue and number of handsets out there. S2 will be out and being sold for a while, just under tighter control. And look for tighter return controls as well.
    Meaning if you buy it, they aren't going to let you return it if it has a problem?
    05-20-10 11:55 AM
    ...This has nothing to do with the Storm3 being iminent, it is due to the number of "complaints" and "problems" with the Storm2...
    Are you speaking on behalf of VodafoneUK, or is that just your opinion?
    05-20-10 12:02 PM
    Yeah i just got one and i was given a yellow dot one. I've read that it mean i have the new screen so i am guessing this has to do with hardware issues.
    05-20-10 12:38 PM
    Are you speaking on behalf of VodafoneUK, or is that just your opinion?
    I'm speaking as someone who has just spent 3 days trying to upgrade to a Storm2, which VodafoneUK will Not do over the phone anymore, and who has basically been told off the record what the situation is. And no, I dont mean some nob-jockey in a Vodafone Shop.

VodafoneUK is very low on stock. They are clearing it. No further support though.
    They are disaperaing from real-world shops also.
    They do exist, but are rare.

They still stock and sell the Storm1 of course.
    Last edited by CiderGuru; 05-20-10 at 02:53 PM.
    05-20-10 02:49 PM
    ...They still stock and sell the Storm1 of course.
    They're still stocking the Storm1 ?

Kinda blows your theory out of the water. The Storm1 had a lot more "complaints" and "problems" than the Storm2.
    05-20-10 03:14 PM
62 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD