So, picked up a couple of Storm2's last week at Best Buy and found they were not the updated green dot versions. Tried to exchange them today and was told that Best Buy is not getting any more Storm2's and that the system shows that it has been discontinued and that BB will not be receiving any more stock.

So, Crackberry Nation.... who knows anything about this????
    04-29-10 07:18 PM
    Maybe an S3 is secretly on its way!
    You know, if you ever want to get rid of one of those S2's, ill gladly take one!
    04-29-10 07:22 PM
    Hmmm. Perhaps they know of a new device that's just around the corner? Maybe something that starts with an "S" and ends with a "3"?

Not likely, but one can dream!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-29-10 07:24 PM
    Lol, cb beat me to it. We were posting at the same time.

04-29-10 07:25 PM
    Interesting

04-29-10 07:39 PM
    Really? If this is true and we get hosed on OS6 on the S2 I will drive to Waterloo and demand that Mike Lazeridis come out of this office so I can fight him in the street.

Absurd. Six months after launch best buy pulls the plug? I hope this isnt true. Keep partying in Orlando, Blackberry Jerks!

*takes deep breath and tries to hold it together until next 9550 leak....*
    04-29-10 07:46 PM
    Really? If this is true and we get hosed on OS6 on the S2 I will drive to Waterloo and demand that Mike Lazeridis come out of this office so I can fight him in the street.

Absurd. Six months after launch best buy pulls the plug? I hope this isnt true. Keep partying in Orlando, Blackberry Jerks!

*takes deep breath and tries to hold it together until next 9550 leak....*
    Woah there. Easy killer, lol. You'll get your 6.0 for the 9550. Just be thankful you don't have a 9630 instead.

04-29-10 07:52 PM
    Just out of curiousity, after reading the beginning of this thread, I went to the Best Buy web site to check it out. At least on the web site, the Storm2 is still very much available from Best Buy. ($129.99 with new Verizon account.)
    04-29-10 08:01 PM
    So did you get a refund or no?

04-29-10 08:04 PM
    Woah there. Easy killer, lol. You'll get your 6.0 for the 9550. Just be thankful you don't have a 9630 instead.

Haha. Perhaps a street fight is a little too caveman. Maybe Ill stick a banana in the tailpipe of his Benz
    04-29-10 08:11 PM
    Haha. Perhaps a street fight is a little too caveman. Maybe Ill stick a banana in the tailpipe of his Benz
    Lol, there ya go. A little Beverly Hills Cop action never hurt anyone

04-29-10 08:27 PM
    I hope they don't discontinue this phone. It must be some ******** stock boy putting stuff where it doesn't belong or some kid who thinks it's funny to move stuff around.

04-29-10 08:35 PM
    Just out of curiousity, after reading the beginning of this thread, I went to the Best Buy web site to check it out. At least on the web site, the Storm2 is still very much available from Best Buy. ($129.99 with new Verizon account.)
    It may be so on the site, but as I said earlier.... all I wanted to do is to change out my brand new Storm2's for the latest date code to have the screen fix. Two managers at two different stores stated that they were out of stock and that when they looked in their system it showed that the phone has been discontinued and that no additional stock was inbound to the stores.....
    04-29-10 08:41 PM
    I'm hoping they were just making a mistake for the original Storm.
    04-29-10 09:19 PM
    So, picked up a couple of Storm2's last week at Best Buy and found they were not the updated green dot versions. Tried to exchange them today and was told that Best Buy is not getting any more Storm2's and that the system shows that it has been discontinued and that BB will not be receiving any more stock.

So, Crackberry Nation.... who knows anything about this????
    That's a non-issue to me as I always buy my Verizon phones at Verizon company stores. I don't deal with the authorized resellers.
    04-29-10 09:54 PM
    It's showing $99.99 on VZW's website for me.

OP - If you paid more than that, you might want to just return them & get new ones from VZW.
    04-29-10 10:39 PM
    I hope it means S3 is coming soon...
    04-30-10 01:30 AM
    I never understood why everyone was complaining about the vibration...but it is so clear now!

04-30-10 02:29 PM
    I never understood why everyone was complaining about the vibration...but it is so clear

That gives me an idea, does anyone know of an app for constant vibrate. ( I was just thinking for my wife and all).............................................. ......
    04-30-10 04:30 PM
    That gives me an idea, does anyone know of an app for constant vibrate. ( I was just thinking for my wife and all).............................................. ......
    break down and buy her a dedicated "device". LOL!!!
    04-30-10 05:27 PM
    Just to add my two cents. Two Best Buys in New Jersey say they are out and both said that it was discontinued!! Dont know what was replacing it.
    04-30-10 08:40 PM
    Hmm wonder what that means to people with best buy insurance. They are supposed to replace it on the spot with a brand new one. I have bestbuy insurance please don't tell me I am being screwed if this thing breaks :/

05-06-10 11:47 AM
    No attacks folks! Don't make me break out the mod stick!
    05-06-10 01:34 PM
    HA HA HA!!!!! Awesome!

05-06-10 05:04 PM
    They have an app for that at the crackberry store.

05-06-10 06:43 PM
62 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD