10-25-09 09:33 AM
133 ... 23456
tools
    Great work! I asked a Verizon worker in line at a fish place at lunch today, when the new Storm would be released. He told me, 'by the end of the quarter' - gee thanks for the tip.
    10-22-09 12:08 AM
    Man, if this thing really does drop sometime this coming week Cpugeek's head is going to collapse! I'll probably be able to hear him scream from here!
    10-22-09 12:14 AM
    Pic and story made it to the front page blog
    10-22-09 12:18 AM
    somebody tell CPUGEEK's mom to wake him up, I wanna know what he thinks about this.

Did it show any other new phones that arent supposed to released until next month or are they all out already or have a date of after the 25 next to them?
    lmao! That was funny.............
    10-22-09 12:19 AM
    if this phone doesn't release soon i might just stay with at&t and get the bold2 since they actually announced that phone! i've never been so desperate for news on a phone!! i hope this friday announce/sunday release is true!!! i've been holding my breath every time a new 'guess date' is picked.

i was sure sal wouldn't be wrong when he tweeted '99% chance of storm on wednesday'. i was convinced it was today!
    10-22-09 12:22 AM
    I am very happy for this small glimmer of hope, I was starting to think October was a lost cause. Hopefully its right!
    10-22-09 12:23 AM
    the best buy weekly ad that applies from 10/25-10/31 makes no mention of the storm2... i hope this is because of uncertainty over the release date and not a sign that it won't be released until november
    10-22-09 12:24 AM
    Man, if this thing really does drop sometime this coming week Cpugeek's head is going to collapse! I'll probably be able to hear him scream from here!
    Hoping and praying... wonder how much he'll complain and say he won't accept the ban? Hmm..
    10-22-09 12:26 AM
    lol , bro im telling u its true... the voices in my head told me
    -gives sooks the worried side eye-
    10-22-09 12:26 AM
    I hope it drops 10/25 because I'll win $100 in that other thread

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-22-09 12:28 AM
    Oh well, I got my dose of good news for the night. Between seeing this and checking my NE2 and seeing that it kicks in tomorrow I am feeling pretty good.

Time to log off. Gotta watch the kiddos tomorrow while Mama is at work.

G'night all!
    10-22-09 12:28 AM
    You don't see the red, green, and yellow circle buttons in the top left of the screen? It's at the very very top. A gray OSX toolbar/taskbar (whatever you would like to call it lol)
    it's called a title bar. fyi.
    10-22-09 12:32 AM
    I was at the Verizon store in the Beverly Connection in Los Angeles, and the rep that helped me said "October 25th" when I asked when the Storm 2 would be on sale.
    10-22-09 01:43 AM
    Why do they all have such different time frames!? Who tells them so many different dates? You would think since they will all release it the same day that they hear the same thing from those in charge.
    10-22-09 02:26 AM
    As long as the Storm comes out before the month is over or we have an official release date before the month is over... Either way I'll be happy.
    10-22-09 02:28 AM
    I'll be happy as long as it releases before New Years.

Oh, and great find Zach.
    10-22-09 03:03 AM
    Don't mean to **** on everyones campfire but that does say Oct 25th to November. This in no way means that it is a sure thing.
    damn i hate to say it but the dude makes a HUGE point

November 2009
    it says "Valid 10/25/09 - 11/28/09"

i got all excited too when i saw this.. before this guy mentioned this lol, trust me im hoping it will come out on sunday the 26th like all of us here CB, but it prob wont... all we can do his hope i guess ha
    10-22-09 03:29 AM
    i think they are staying away from the #2 since this is what the original should of been. Its like starting over with the same name and platform and wiping the storm 1 under the rug lol
    Same thing they are doing with the Bold2 if you look at the back of the phone it just says BOLD on it.
    10-22-09 05:05 AM
    I was just at the Northridge, Ca Best Buy store and the stated it would be the 25th.
    Represent San Fernando Valley!!!
    Woodland Hills Here!!
    10-22-09 06:15 AM
    I will be at Best Buy either today after work (7PM EST) or tomorrow after work to pick up my wife's phone from having service being done, I will see if I can get anymore information out of them, camera in hand.
    10-22-09 06:55 AM
    Dont mean to burst your bubble here. But, this device still hasn't been publicly launched by vzw. It hasnt even "officially" come into the equipment guide. It's not showing as coming new as of yet.

Can it be that it was supposed to be out on the 25th at best buy but because of the delay it isnt? They just changed the info in the e-guide yesterday but still has the picture of the S1.

Doubt the 25th, but I maybe wrong. All of these assumptions... Why not just wait for a release date?

Once again, just my 2 cents....
    10-22-09 08:01 AM
    Same thing they are doing with the Bold2 if you look at the back of the phone it just says BOLD on it.
    I agree with it too. Its a smart move. All this 2's and 3's and 4's is a little silly in my view. How far are you going to go with it, till you reach 10??? I prefer the franchise name without the labeling of each as part 2, part 3 and so on every year. The model # alone is enough to show that its an upgrade. Plus, as with any movie, sequels are always worse than the original!

Doesnt quite work the same way with technology however....
    10-22-09 08:14 AM
    I have to agree with crazy4bbtour. I didn't see anything that the phone will be available on the 25th. Just that it was coming soon. Have to wait and see but I think it will be later than the 25th.
    10-22-09 08:15 AM
    Thanks, Zach ...

[Never thought I'd be thanking a thief, but in this case, I am!]
    10-22-09 08:42 AM
    Those ads were printed several days before the stores received them. Counting back from that, the publishing folks had to finish layouts and proofs. Counting back from that, there are deadlines for when the sale information has to be turned in to be considered for an ad circular, as well as programming for point-of-sale.

So, when this information was actually confirmed for the printing of the ad circular, they were happy with "don't give a release date, but it's safe to include it in the November circular."

At least it seems clear, for the moment, that they didn't originally plan on a Black Friday release date. All the marketing material would have been embargoed a bit longer if that were the case, I think.

The earliest possible date is Oct 25th, but I wouldn't put money on that.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-22-09 08:49 AM
133 ... 23456
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD