I received a mail flyer from Verizon yesterday stating that the BOGO deal (including the Storm 9530) was good through November 7. (Buy one Blackberry and get another for equal or lesser value for free.) If the Storm 2 was released on the 25th, wouldn't that have to also be included in the BOGO deal? I don't see how Verizon could be running one promo then release a new phone that would also fall under the same promo...I saw a thread earlier that showed a BOGO ad for the Storm 2 but who knows what is happening. I've seen alot of "dates" come and go already with nothing!!

Our local Verizon is having a radio station there through this weekend for some "big promotions". Could this be the weekend???

We can only hope
    10-22-09 09:27 AM
    Following that post--I give a release date of November 8th. Might as well add my guess.
    10-22-09 09:28 AM
    thats a mighty fine guess S2... welcome to CB btw
    10-22-09 09:32 AM
    True Ninja skills at work.
    If he had true ninja skills, he's of backed up some and realized the Curve's camera doesn't focus that close. A true ninja carries at least a Storm (which has good macro capabilities).
    10-22-09 09:35 AM
    Thank you Mr. Crackalacka Glad to be a part of it. Can't wait for the S2. I have so much fun watching the rumor mill buzz.
    10-22-09 09:48 AM
    I received a mail flyer from Verizon yesterday stating that the BOGO deal (including the Storm 9530) was good through November 7. (Buy one Blackberry and get another for equal or lesser value for free.) If the Storm 2 was released on the 25th, wouldn't that have to also be included in the BOGO deal? I don't see how Verizon could be running one promo then release a new phone that would also fall under the same promo...I saw a thread earlier that showed a BOGO ad for the Storm 2 but who knows what is happening. I've seen alot of "dates" come and go already with nothing!!

Our local Verizon is having a radio station there through this weekend for some "big promotions". Could this be the weekend???

We can only hope
    You are completely correct on the BOGO offer. This is just another factor on why I believe the S2 wont come out before atleast the 7th of Nov when the other Droid devies are to be released. Although, I've noticed VZW has made changes to their BOGO offer during the day, I doubt they will go through that just for this device they are not even really promoting. I think they will probably come out with a release date soon. But it wont be this weekend....

People should listen to VZW people that has inside scoop rather than People at Bestbuy. Reason being, when they need help, guess who they call?

You really think someone at Best Buy would have more info on a VZW Rep? Especially one that can view VZW's equipment guide with the new devices before they are launched or talked about? I know everyone is anxious for the device, but CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC'MMMMMOOOON MAAAAAAN!

Have the day off today, so the last I saw was the info in equipment guide being update to the correct info but wrong picture. This change really quick especially having the day off. Will go in tomorrow and see what the deal is. But, Oct. 25th is highly unlikely. But once again, dont listen to me....
    10-22-09 10:01 AM
    Being that the Tour was BOGO, when it was released, I see no reason for the storm 2 to not be BOGO. Verizon makes more money off of the contracts than the actual unit's themselves. They could care less about giving one away as long as that person is locked into their service for a year or two.
    10-22-09 10:06 AM
    Being that the Tour was BOGO, when it was released, I see no reason for the storm 2 to not be BOGO. Verizon makes more money off of the contracts than the actual unit's themselves. They could care less about giving one away as long as that person is locked into their service for a year or two.
    Ummmm.....Your right about the making more money off of the contracts. But, the morning of the 12th and weeks later. The tour was not apart of the BOGO offer being I bought a tour for my girlfriend and I and paid $400 total. After a couple weeks I want to say probably the end of July going into August (and I can get the correct date if need be) was when the Tour became apart of the BOGO offer.......

Get your facts correct........
    10-22-09 10:11 AM
    wow, so i haven't posted in a while, but everyone tells me my Storm camera is beautiful. I hope this pic wasn't even taken with a blackberry
    10-22-09 10:14 AM
    Since there is already so much BS and speculation in this forum I thought I would add a little more.

I stopped by my local BestBuy(Store 1051) and sure enough they had the demo out. The sales guy asked if I needed any help so I asked when the S2 was coming out. He said Nov 1st. He didn't know a price, but he speculated $199. He knew some of the newer specs and differences between S1 and S2 so he was at least keeping up with it.

Who knows. It comes out when it comes out.

Who picked 11/1/2009 as the date it would come out? Whose getting the $100?
    10-22-09 10:20 AM
    i wouldnt be suprised if they decide to announce it on the 25th when this comes out
    10-22-09 10:33 AM
    as promised, here is a better picture of the 9550 and the description

also as a bonus here is a pic of the vzw phone comparison chart

10-22-09 10:34 AM
    wow, so i haven't posted in a while, but everyone tells me my Storm camera is beautiful. I hope this pic wasn't even taken with a blackberry
    it was taken with my curve camera, it is a refurb and the camera sucks on it.
    10-22-09 10:35 AM
    Ummmm.....Your right about the making more money off of the contracts. But, the morning of the 12th and weeks later. The tour was not apart of the BOGO offer being I bought a tour for my girlfriend and I and paid $400 total. After a couple weeks I want to say probably the end of July going into August (and I can get the correct date if need be) was when the Tour became apart of the BOGO offer.......

Get your facts correct........

Actually sir, the tour WAS BOGO when it came out HERE in NYC (where my best friend purchased one) AND in Denver, co. (store #2475301, ex-girlfriend works there) ...so my facts, indeed, were correct.

No idea what happened in your particular situation. Maybe they got you somewhere in the fine print.
    10-22-09 10:38 AM
    Nice pics man.

Great job!
    10-22-09 10:39 AM
    Nice pics!
    there is hope then that we may still be able to get the phone by the end of the week
    10-22-09 10:47 AM
    Actually sir, the tour WAS BOGO when it came out HERE in NYC (where my best friend purchased one) AND in Denver, co. (store #2475301, ex-girlfriend works there) ...so my facts, indeed, were correct.

No idea what happened in your particular situation. Maybe they got you somewhere in the fine print.

I'm going to double check that for you because I don't believe two specific stores can set their own rules on a device. But, I do know the BOGO ended on the 30th of June (going off the top of my head) and started back up a week after the Tour was launched. But i'm relaxing on the beach today and wont be back to that place till tomorrow to check the dates out....

Still don't think the 25th is the launch....But I got to see the Moto Droid last night and it's a pretty cool device...i'm definitely keeping my tour but when the moto droid is launched, i may pick 1 up.......
    10-22-09 11:08 AM
    I wonder why the droid phones aren't included in this flyer but the storm 9550 is?
    10-22-09 11:45 AM
    I wonder why the droid phones aren't included in this flyer but the storm 9550 is?
    because the droid isn't coming out next week.
    10-22-09 11:49 AM
    because the droid isn't coming out next week.
    Holy crap. How did I not notice the Droid being absent? That is very telling.
    10-22-09 11:57 AM
    My best guess is Verizon isn't that focused on the S2. Judging from that chart in the pic they are hoping to slip the new models in in place of the original. One thing I notice is that the S2 is listed as the storm, and the original storm is nowhere to be seen. There will be a lot of hoopla when the droids begin getting pushed.
    10-22-09 11:57 AM
    If he had true ninja skills, he's of backed up some and realized the Curve's camera doesn't focus that close. A true ninja carries at least a Storm (which has good macro capabilities).
    I carry a canon rebel dslr... does that make me a samari?
    10-22-09 12:01 PM
    If you look at the Storm2 in this ad... you can see an OSX toolbar at the top of the screen. Seems weird they would release an ad with such a major mistake.
    Yep.....but there it is
    10-22-09 12:40 PM

Reason why is because the S2 was supposed to be out on the 21st.....The Droid is slated for a Nov 7-9th range. VZW is going to have a press conference with google on the 28th to officially launch the device.....

Thats why its not listed in the ad....
    10-22-09 12:45 PM
    Grabbed it from behind the counter?!?!? Priceless!
    10-22-09 05:24 PM
133 ... 3456
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD