What happen to the Motorola Shole?
    shole = DROID
    10-19-09 07:46 PM
    Oh ok.. so the Shole was code name for Droid. I got it.. Isn't that phone capable of running a 1g processor? Thought I read it some where but did not pay much attention at the time because I never thought about getting one but now? who knows
    10-19-09 07:49 PM
    android looks cool, but i like the UI's of motoblur and htc sense, and i heard neither of the first android phones on vzw r gonna have them, so im gonna stick wit bb until they get one i like, then i might test one out
    10-19-09 07:51 PM
    android looks cool, but i like the UI's of motoblur and htc sense, and i heard neither of the first android phones on vzw r gonna have them, so im gonna stick wit bb until they get one i like, then i might test one out
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but Motoblur is just the social aspect of Motorola. Other than that, it's not much of a reskinning of Android. Nothing NEARLY like Sense.

But as far as I know, it's running "with Google" meaning stock 2.0. Which itself is supposed to be super-sweet.
    10-19-09 07:55 PM
    I love my blackberry, and I am tied to messenger with 200 other law enforcement officers. If it wasn't for messenger, I would drop the blackberry like a rock for an android phone.
    10-19-09 08:04 PM
    It's funny, while both phones will probably be good I am sure, I have read too many negative reviews on the call quality of the droid. I had an motorola from verizon back a few yrs ago which was actually a decent phone, and while blackberries reception may be spotty at times too, the storm 2's call quality actually rated better at least from the things that I have read.. Having all the other cool features is a good thing, but for me it will be bb.. I tend to agree with what a few others have said... BB has been around for a while, while their browser and a few other things may not be up to par, going with a brand new phone might be like the storm 1 all over again... EVERY phone is going to have its share of problems and bugs etc. Not to mention some of the people that nit pick every little thing or feature...
    10-19-09 08:06 PM
    Im getting which ever one comes out first, and if I dont like it or like the other one better, ill return it.
    VZ 30 day return policy...I like your style...do you have to return it for same phone or will they let you switch phones? or say start w/S2 for 25 days, don't like it, swap for droid for 25 days, like S2 better, so go back to S2?
    10-19-09 08:54 PM
    It's funny, while both phones will probably be good I am sure, I have read too many negative reviews on the call quality of the droid. I had an motorola from verizon back a few yrs ago which was actually a decent phone, and while blackberries reception may be spotty at times too, the storm 2's call quality actually rated better at least from the things that I have read.. Having all the other cool features is a good thing, but for me it will be bb.. I tend to agree with what a few others have said... BB has been around for a while, while their browser and a few other things may not be up to par, going with a brand new phone might be like the storm 1 all over again... EVERY phone is going to have its share of problems and bugs etc. Not to mention some of the people that nit pick every little thing or feature...
    True, but I think as I've read Droid is going for the iPhone killer or at least a home run if you will. Granted that's what Storm was initially billed as, but w/all the tech going into the droid phone, it could be a home run or a ground out? and I hate baseball.
    10-19-09 08:57 PM
    Where the heck have you read "negative reviews on the call quality of the droid"?? I notice you didn't capitalize "droid". Are you referring to the Droid or to some other Android phone? Because I haven't seen even ONE hands-on review of the new Verizon Droid that even discusses "call quality". Link please.
    10-19-09 09:09 PM
    Does anyone else think the droid is ugly? I know it should be form over function..but wow.. its FUGLY!
    My wife buys phones for how they look. I buy phones for what they can do. But since you asked my opinion, I love the fact that with the slide out it looks just like a little computer. With the slide in, it looks like a nondescript black rectangle. What's ugly about that?
    10-19-09 09:13 PM
    The deal breaker for me is Global capability. Will the Droid have a sim card?, I travel back and forth across the Atlantic Verizon's overseas rates are ridiculous so I swap the sim when I get there
    10-19-09 09:16 PM
    Droid.........
    10-19-09 09:19 PM
    i'm not sure if droid is global, but there will be one eventually i'd wager...it's just a matter of time...

but needing global support is a good reason to STAY with the berries...
    10-19-09 09:22 PM
    Questions for those that would know:
    Is there a core voicenotes-like application that supports emailed voicenotes? My secretary hopes this answer is no, but it's pretty important for what I do.
    Nobody knows exactly what the "core" software will do yet. Except that Droid is making a big deal about it's voice driven "Car Mode" so I'd bet that includes what you want.
    10-19-09 09:24 PM
    I thought the Shole can be reprogrammed to run that high. Am I wrong on that one? Patches???
    Correct. the core can be clocked anywhere from 600MHz to over 1GHz. However to maintain a decent battery life the device will be more than likely clocked around 500-600MHz, even though worst case to still achieve a good battery life is at 800Mhz.
    10-19-09 09:45 PM
    It will not be global...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-19-09 09:49 PM
    It will have a 16gb micro pre installed runnin new android OS....it will have wifi

10-19-09 09:51 PM
    The deal breaker for me is Global capability. Will the Droid have a sim card?, I travel back and forth across the Atlantic Verizon's overseas rates are ridiculous so I swap the sim when I get there

keep your storm, and switch it out with the droid when you are over seas.
    10-19-09 10:08 PM
    can anyone provide me with some instant gratification and tell me when the Droid is supposed to be released (time frame). I just dont feel like searching...im not too interested in it. i should have just googled it...i could have found the info in 1/2 the time it took me to type this out...
    10-19-09 10:24 PM
    Scheduled training is 26th of this month and 29 is expected release date

10-19-09 10:30 PM
70 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD