its really going to come down to which one is more comfortable to you after playing with it.
    10-19-09 02:54 PM
    Nothing other than the Storm2. The droid may be rumored to be faster, but, its from Google, which to me is overrated.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-19-09 03:20 PM
    2 questions:

1. does the droid do push email like the BB?

2. will it be able to run blackberry connect at all? If not, losing BBM is NOT an option for me.
    10-19-09 03:24 PM
    Nothing other than the Storm2. The droid may be rumored to be faster, but, its from Google, which to me is overrated.

LOL! I don't care if McDonalds has it's name on it--I'll buy what I perceive to be the best phone for me. Why are you so hung up on Google's involvement??
    10-19-09 04:02 PM
    Questions for those that would know:

Loss of BBM is mentioned a few times on here. I can understand not wanting to lose it in a large corporate setting, but is there any killer feature of BBM that sets it apart from, say, Google Talk, for people, like myself, who only use it to talk to friends/co-workers that are already paying for data plans and using other IM services in addition to BBM? Frankly, the most urgent message sent on my BBM tends to be "don't forget to pick up some milk before you leave the store."

I have only used BES in connection with my firm's hosted Exchange. How is Android's Exchange support different from BES? OTA sync of email, calendar and contacts is a dealbreaker for me. I know that the people in my office with iPhone's and WinMo phones can do it, but no one has an android device.

Is there a core voicenotes-like application that supports emailed voicenotes? My secretary hopes this answer is no, but it's pretty important for what I do.

At the end of the day, I see that the Droid can supposedly handle all the recreational junk I do without much of a problem but my phone is primarily about work and I will stay with BB if it is really that superior for getting things done. I've only ever used BB smartphones, though, so I'm pretty ignorant about what else is out there.

I'm a first-day storm owner and was completely geared up to buy the S2, but concerns about it failing technical acceptance have made me reconsider. I was willing to play guinea pig with the S1 and never really griped, but I can't see doing that again...ever. I'll get either a Droid or a Tour in the next few weeks.
    10-19-09 04:19 PM
    For me, the "little things" (features and whatnot that don't receive much mention) are just as important as any spec or OS. To give you an example, I really like the convenience keys on blackberries, as well as bbm. You don't ever hear about those things in advertisements and reviews though. Point is, a phone can have the best OS and best specifications in the world, but if I try it in my hands and don't like the "little" things about it, i'm not taking it.
    The palm pre, great looking OS and good hardware, but the keypad alone will prevent me from over considering it.
    10-19-09 04:22 PM
    leaning towards droid , from the BGR reviews it really makes it sounds like the next iphone comp
    10-19-09 04:25 PM
    My take is, it's gonna be an interesting story to see develop. Android will mature to be a more robust OS, and I bet RIM will up the ante pretty soon if they want to keep their edge.

Myself, I still have until August 2010 for my TMO full discount to be available, and I am pretty sure both the S2 and the Droid, the Cliq, and other devices will be pretty much solid players, with the necessary feedback from users to make a really informed decision.
    10-19-09 04:35 PM
    Im in the same boat. Storm owner since day 1..waited in line and the whole bit. ( #2 in line) Switched to a Tour for a while but could never get over the non touch screen. After reading up on the Droid the past couple days I might have to re think the S2.

My only question is how will it handle email? I have 3 accounts one of witch is on an exchange for work. Can anyone give some insite on the mail situation?
    10-19-09 04:36 PM
    I'll probably get the droid, why waste money on the same phone with a couple of improvements...
    10-19-09 04:51 PM
    Does anyone else think the droid is ugly? I know it should be form over function..but wow.. its FUGLY!
    10-19-09 05:07 PM
    Does anyone else think the droid is ugly? I know it should be form over function..but wow.. its FUGLY!

Agreed, it ain't pretty!
    10-19-09 05:13 PM
    Its funny to read how many people just want another new phone instead of what and how a BB operates, let alone on the Storm with Surepress. It's not a bad thing but it makes you realize that RIM maybe shouldn't try to reach the consumer market. It's a pretty fickle market.
    10-19-09 05:39 PM
    I'm on the fence too but the thing that makes me lean BB is the "live" emails and pushes, I dont know much about android phones though
    10-19-09 05:49 PM
    Agreed, it ain't pretty!
    I agree not pretty at all, but same as you other guys I have had my s#1 since day one got it at verizon in circuit city if that dates it any, but not sure if I want the same phone again, dont get me wrong I have loved it but i think the android will have more going for it even though I dont like google as a company(long story). I dont really want a real keyboard though and want the new acer one to come to verizon with the snap dragon proc I would buy it that day if it would.
    10-19-09 06:18 PM
    i used the odin and the HTC droid devices side by side...the android made the odin look like it was running 4.7.0.65 from the 9530 release...at this point, the only benefit that any RIM device has over android is either

a) user loyalty

b) BES corporate envoirnment...and that's only because BES is so entrenched...active sync has been improved, i haven't used it in forever though.

anything that a blackberry can do, the VZW android devices (that's all i've really used so far of android) can do better....

and if you use gmail, prepare for a completely integrated experience....android is made by google after all...also prepare to have all of your use and data mined for their benefit lawl!
    10-19-09 06:57 PM
    Leaning toward the Droid but I will reserve judgement until after it has been released an it has been torn apart by reviews and customer use. If its good, I'll get it. I won't do the same thing I did with the storm and just get it because of the hype.
    Worst decision ever. Like patches said, it can do mostly everything a BB can do if not better and because I don't need it for business and like multimedia, this looks like the phone for me. If I don't like it, I can either return it and get a storm2 or just reactivate my storm and interchange between both depending on how I feel
    10-19-09 07:12 PM
    Just to clarify, did you use the HTC Hero or Motorola Droid?

i used the odin and the HTC droid devices side by side...the android made the odin look like it was running 4.7.0.65 from the 9530 release...at this point, the only benefit that any RIM device has over android is either

a) user loyalty

b) BES corporate envoirnment...and that's only because BES is so entrenched...active sync has been improved, i haven't used it in forever though.

anything that a blackberry can do, the VZW android devices (that's all i've really used so far of android) can do better....

and if you use gmail, prepare for a completely integrated experience....android is made by google after all...also prepare to have all of your use and data mined for their benefit lawl!
    10-19-09 07:31 PM
    android itself rocks.

but i have seen NO android phone that fits all my needs (either sucky procesor, or.. sucky something :P )
    10-19-09 07:33 PM
    android itself rocks.

but i have seen NO android phone that fits all my needs (either sucky procesor, or.. sucky something :P )
    1Ghz processors are coming soon.
    10-19-09 07:36 PM
    1Ghz processors are coming soon.
    I thought the Shole can be reprogrammed to run that high. Am I wrong on that one? Patches???
    10-19-09 07:40 PM
    There is no sholes....its the moto droid

10-19-09 07:42 PM
    Isn't the Motorola Android called the Shole?
    10-19-09 07:43 PM
    Isn't the Motorola Android called the Shole?
    nope, its called the DROID
    10-19-09 07:44 PM
    What happen to the Motorola Shole?
    10-19-09 07:45 PM
70 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD