Can't decide which I should get for Verizon. Convince me, one way or the other? Thanks in advance, guys.
    10-19-09 05:35 AM
    Storm 2 but I am really partial to BB. I wouldn't get the brand new device until it has atleast been on the market a few months and proven to work good. I hate getting the first full of bugs device that beginner companies have

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-19-09 06:58 AM
    leaning toward the android...google is going/is the big show!!
    10-19-09 12:07 PM
    I was certain I was getting a Storm 2. Now I'm leaning towards the Droid. Starting to look more and more like RIM is a day late and a dollar short.

Greg
    10-19-09 12:17 PM
    woohoo!!!!! another S2 vs Android thread!!!
    10-19-09 12:18 PM
    Can't decide which I should get for Verizon. Convince me, one way or the other? Thanks in advance, guys.
    I'm conflicted and only by trying each will I be able to make a decision. Reading about them isn't enough--I need to "kick the tires" first.
    Depends on what your using your phone for

i think you should test them both out and see what you like, considering you're asking us for phones that aren't released and we only know so much about each phone. this is something where you have to decided what you like better
    10-19-09 12:19 PM
    Im getting which ever one comes out first, and if I dont like it or like the other one better, ill return it.
    10-19-09 12:21 PM
    TO answer the OPs question.....

If the Moto Android had BBM, then I'd be all over it. As it obviously doesn't, then I'm sticking to the S2 and waiting for a sleak new OS, as promised.

Yep guys, BBM is that important to me. I have too many friends on it and I am not paying another $20/months for unlimited texts.
    10-19-09 12:22 PM
    That Droid isn't lookin too shabby. I'll have to play w both then decide. Android is stepping their game up and might be a big dog here soon.
    10-19-09 12:22 PM
    The biggest negative on Android is the battery won't get you through the day. Keep that in mind. To me that is a dealbreaker. I won't carry extra batteries or charge in my car on my way somewhere. I charge at bedtime at home, period, and if I stay overnight I won't drag my home charger with me either.
    10-19-09 12:24 PM
    You can just refer to the 11 page thread on if the android is superior to S2, has some good info the first 8 pages.
    10-19-09 12:33 PM
    I won't carry extra batteries or charge in my car on my way somewhere. I charge at bedtime at home, period, and if I stay overnight I won't drag my home charger with me either.
    Then don't ever get a 3G phone or you are going to be in trouble. There isn't one 3G smart phone out there that I have ever seen that will do what you are asking. Ok, maybe if you just leave it on standby and don't use it. If you use it at all, no way the thing lasts more the 16 hours. I just can't see it happening. So staying overnight and not charging is going to be an EPIC FAIL on your end.
    10-19-09 12:33 PM
    Why is the battery so bad? I know nothing about Android so could you give specifics? I'm sure the larger screens can't help...

The biggest negative on Android is the battery won't get you through the day. Keep that in mind. To me that is a dealbreaker. I won't carry extra batteries or charge in my car on my way somewhere. I charge at bedtime at home, period, and if I stay overnight I won't drag my home charger with me either.
    10-19-09 12:34 PM
    Why is the battery so bad? I know nothing about Android so could you give specifics? I'm sure the larger screens can't help...

If you are a heavy user, no 3G smart phone will get you through the day either. Just won't happen. By heavy, I mean a couple of hours of talk time has to be included in that. If you are just texting and emailing, that doesn't count and won't drain the battery that much. I'm talking phone, browser, data data data.

Just carry and extra battery or charge in your car or at your desk.
    10-19-09 12:38 PM
    woohoo!!!!! another S2 vs Android thread!!!

10-19-09 12:50 PM
    Android hands down. Rim is bar far to late with everything including a decent os...

10-19-09 12:52 PM
    Ok after seeing multiple pics and screen shots along with specs the Moto Droid hands down wins! Up until 24 hours my heart was made up on the Storm2 but now I have hada change of heart. VZW truly believes this will be there 'iphone' and will be the first time they market a phone directly against the iphone. Now while I can't say it is the iphone killer it will be my nexy phone!

10-19-09 01:15 PM
    Ok after seeing multiple pics and screen shots along with specs the Moto Droid hands down wins! Up until 24 hours my heart was made up on the Storm2 but now I have hada change of heart. VZW truly believes this will be there 'iphone' and will be the first time they market a phone directly against the iphone. Now while I can't say it is the iphone killer it will be my nexy phone!

Did you get play play with them both yet? You said you were gonna get to play with them today.
    10-19-09 02:23 PM
    Where can I read more about what this Droid can do?

Specifically, I want to know if I can use it like I do my BB w/BES to do OTA sync of my calendar, contacts, and email with Outlook. Currently, I'm paying for Hosted Exchange and BES.

If the only answer is, "yes, it can do that, but only if your domain is hosted with Google" then Android is a non-player in my book. My email, calendar, and contacts info is too valuable (to me) to trust to a "free" service. I'm an IT professional and I have learned that "you get what you pay for" is axiomatic. I believe all the people who are putting their trust (and so much of their personal info) in Google will learn the truth of my words sooner or later.
    10-19-09 02:25 PM
    Where can I read more about what this Droid can do?

Specifically, I want to know if I can use it like I do my BB w/BES to do OTA sync of my calendar, contacts, and email with Outlook. Currently, I'm paying for Hosted Exchange and BES.

If the only answer is, "yes, it can do that, but only if your domain is hosted with Google" then Android is a non-player in my book. My email, calendar, and contacts info is too valuable (to me) to trust to a "free" service. I'm an IT professional and I have learned that "you get what you pay for" is axiomatic. I believe all the people who are putting their trust (and so much of their personal info) in Google will learn the truth of my words sooner or later.
    If you're paying for your own BBerry and your company isn't - then screw security for your company's info if they aren't willing to cover it.

I use my personal phone for my personal emails - my company provides a seperate BBerry.

That said. Droid all the way - BBerry F'd up with the S1. S2 is going to be the same crap as S1 without the glitches and with Wi-Fi *Yawn*.
    10-19-09 02:32 PM
    I'm conflicted and only by trying each will I be able to make a decision. Reading about them isn't enough--I need to "kick the tires" first.
    Agreed...the only way is to "kick the tires". Isn't that the way we do most of our major purchases???
    10-19-09 02:37 PM
    Got that but he made specific reference to the Android OS so I'm curious how battery life may differ from other smart phones.
    If you are a heavy user, no 3G smart phone will get you through the day either. Just won't happen. By heavy, I mean a couple of hours of talk time has to be included in that. If you are just texting and emailing, that doesn't count and won't drain the battery that much. I'm talking phone, browser, data data data.

Just carry and extra battery or charge in your car or at your desk.
    10-19-09 02:45 PM
    Android... Hands down!

Who doesn't want a little r2d2 in their pockets?
    10-19-09 02:50 PM
70 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD