Bad news.. really have to wait so long? my perfect storm...waiting...

BlackBerry OS 6 devices for CDMA may not ship until 2011 | Electronista
    07-12-10 01:01 PM

LOL!

And by the way, your original post almost made me barf, lol...
    07-12-10 01:29 PM

OS6 coming out this summer...
    MobileSyrup.com - Canadian Mobile Phone News & Reviews - Cell phones and Accessories
    07-12-10 01:56 PM
    Yes! Back to the topic! I love my STORM2!!!

Do you know what apps is good to do simple photo editing on the phone itself?
    PhotoClub free and quite good.
    07-12-10 02:26 PM

I thought you were the rite person to ask question about the storm2...i a newbie... so excuse to ask in this thread..

I dont know if anyone is facing this problem.. i cannot copy particular chat from BBM groups... but whereas i can copy the chat from any friends contact.. Why is this so ???? Any help will be appreciated...

Cheers !!
    07-13-10 07:32 AM
    LOL!

Hey, I am really feeling sorry for all your bad experience with bb. RIM must have caused an imperishable bad impression to your life on bb. I can only say you are unlucky. But no worries, we all here, friendly bb user will pray that your new phone will live up to its name and your expectation ya?

And don't worry if you can't find enjoyment in droid forum. because here we always welcome apple and droid user. Most of them who once a bb owner now abandon ship. I can truely understand their feelings. I can truely understand your fustrated feelings of not having a good bb phone. You must have spent much of your days thinking "why??? why my phone is so crappy?". Well, its over for you now. Stop dwelling in the past.

I am sorry if I am having an almost perfect bb storm2. My storm2 never fail me since the day i got it as a 2nd hand phone. Don't really have those clicks problem, hang problem, or whatever problem you can name it. I do take some time understand how the phone works and to overcome some issue due improper handling.

I actually let my storm2 down by dropping it a few times and cracked the screen. I have no 30days replacement, no insurance and no local telco/service support. I simply bought a 2nd hand replacement part and fixed the screen myself.

To my surprise it still works almost perfectly! I guess I am the lucky one? out of thousands? of storm2 user in the world huh?

Anyway, at any point of time, if you feel like coming back to bb, i'm sure no one will have any kind of objection.

But that day wont be anytime soon or may not even come. its ok... because it really doesn't concern us also since you are not contributing as a bb user. wahahahaha.
    Last edited by titusilvering; 07-14-10 at 04:16 AM.
    07-14-10 04:11 AM
    I dont know if anyone is facing this problem.. i cannot copy particular chat from BBM groups... but whereas i can copy the chat from any friends contact.. Why is this so ???? Any help will be appreciated...

Cheers !!
    Ok, I tried and am able to copy from the active chat. Can't tell why you can't copy. When you place/tap your 2 thumbs or fingers over the chat conversation, do you see your bb activate the copy and paste features? or it don't show at all?

If you are trying to copy short text chat, you may wish to try a few times tapping the correct place because bb copy and paste isn't that perfect but it works well for me after getting use to it.

Can you do this test for me?

1. Open up the chat conversation
    2. Scroll to the chat you want to copy
    3. Press bb menu button
    4. Copy chat

I don't know how much text you are copying. Hope this alternative method works.
    Last edited by titusilvering; 07-14-10 at 04:35 AM.
    07-14-10 04:28 AM
    5 point 1 (is that your IQ?) should be ignored. He's hopping around to various Storm threads and making inane comments, offering nothing to the conversation. My guess is, he cut out of day care early.

LOL!

07-14-10 04:42 PM
    5 point 1 (is that your IQ?) should be ignored. He's hopping around to various Storm threads and making inane comments, offering nothing to the conversation. My guess is, he cut out of day care early.
    LOL. So true.
    07-14-10 08:28 PM
    The web brower blows....
    07-15-10 09:53 AM
    The web brower blows....
    thanks for the newsflash. I don't think I, or anyone else with a Storm EVER NOTICED THAT THE BROWSER BLOWS.
    07-15-10 10:22 AM
    Hi pp,

Today I received the Clarivue anti-glare screen protector.

I removed the screen protector from otterbox on my s2 and now using the anti-glare.

the clarivue screen protector give a smooth touch and it is matt and finger print almost free. At least you won't see all the oily surface as before.

However, I notice that the clarivue cause my screen to turn a little yellow in color. Also the screen now is not as clear as before. When trying to tap select text moving the cursor, it is also slight unresponsive to my thumb but index finger works better.

So its really a trade off. To choose between anti-glare finger print free or original clarity with oily surface.

I will stick to this now till I find it really no good will switch back to the otter screen protector.

Thanks

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-15-10 11:19 AM
    Um, wow....I hadn't noticed, but thanks so much for pointing this out, I'm sure everyone is scrambling now to check out their devices and see if this is true. Might you have something just a wee bit more substantive and relatively insightful to offer? I realize you might be relatively new, so just a bit of advice. Take some time to read around the forums and see what's being discussed that in the future, your posts might be just a bit more relevant.

Everyone here is well aware of the browser's shortcomings, VERY well aware and we are all anxiously awaiting the webkit release to (hopefully) step things up.

The web brower blows....
    Last edited by EnergyPlus; 07-15-10 at 02:19 PM.
    07-15-10 02:17 PM
    Can anyone tell me the exact date and year of first storm2 was launch?

07-15-10 11:12 PM
    Storm 2 - 10/28/09
    Storm 1 - 11/23/08
    07-15-10 11:54 PM
    Thanks for the dates. I thought s2 was launched at a much earlier date. Anyway, that's fine.

Putting s1 aside, I understand there's still some good s1 working device out there.

Using s2 will be more appropriate since its a later and more recent storm series.

Just want to highlight that regardless the date of purchase of s2, its a fact that s2 is to be considered as an almost 1year old technology. If we remember, HDTV and LED tv only came recently not too long ago.

My point is despite s2 doesn't have any high definition super sharp screen, no 5-8mp cam, no webkit browser, no 1ghz processor, no fancy ui, no games, no etc etc which deem as latest tech or the "in" thing. Ok maybe there's still a lot s2 out there having hardware or user inflicted software problem.

Reading unbias reports from those who already jump ship, I find some consolation that a 1 year old device still have its strong point and still capable of making jumper think that there is indeed some good in s2. It may not be a high end pretty device but as an owner of s2 till I get a new phone, I say s2 is a good device.

07-16-10 01:03 AM
    I consider myself a power user of the BB Storm2. I graduated from S1 to S2 4 months after S2 launch.

Here is a Love and Hate comparison of things i use the S2 for everyday:
    1. 150-200 emails a day
    2. Simulteneous Always-on connected to Linked Inn, MSN, BBM, facebook, Twitter, Emails
    3. Great Camera! Fills the gap nicely when carrying my DSLR is overkill
    4. GPS Apps for voice navigattion and getting me to those tough to find places
    5. Excellent media player that allow all of the above Apps to run in the background
    6. Swappable HC Mini SD card meaning i can carry unlimited storage of all my media anywhere i go and swap between cards without turning off the phone. My main SD card is 16GB with 7 HD movies downsized and8 Gigs of Music
    7. Stereo bluetooth means no HEAD Phone wires!!!! i use sony stereo bluetooth headset when i am exercising or trailing on my mountain bike without entangled wires!!
    8. Large Screen!! I have made power point presentations to my clients on the go, when i found a customer flying on the same flight as me!! Actually closed a sale once through the same presentation on the S2!
    9. Emails with .PDF, .xlsx, .pptx can also be viewed on the S2 screen. I actually review all the sales reports from my team on the S2 and end up not touching my notebook PC at all when i am traveling.
    10. Love how rugged and scratch proof it is! dropped it several times what was funny was, my wife dropped it in the car between the seats where the screen went scratching agains the metal pointed edges of the base under the seat. she took it out and grinned: well luckily your S2 screen is scrath proof :P
    11. In the end-i do all of the above with this S2 with the ability ro recieve phone calls any time and anywhere (in the world)
    12 Wi-fi capcbility means i can access fast internet any where in the world where hotspots are available

Hate:
    1. Crappy and boring user interface (Thank god for Themes!)
    2. Buggy Capacitive touch screen implementation. Results in occasional sticky keys or stiff screen - have to admit has reduced to 10% of what it was alike originally - seems it gets better with each new OS release
    3. incomplete GSM features on the S2 9550 so some GSM features like call waiting, call forwarding and conference calling missing in the OS menus

My past smart phones include:
    Imates
    HTCs
    iPhone
    BB Pearl
    BB S1

The BB S1 was exactly the same in capcbilities except the WIFI.

Love what the S2 does for me.
    Last edited by taimuramjad; 07-16-10 at 03:19 AM.
    07-16-10 03:10 AM
    Thanks for the dates. I thought s2 was launched at a much earlier date. Anyway, that's fine.

Putting s1 aside, I understand there's still some good s1 working device out there.

Using s2 will be more appropriate since its a later and more recent storm series.

Just want to highlight that regardless the date of purchase of s2, its a fact that s2 is to be considered as an almost 1year old technology. If we remember, HDTV and LED tv only came recently not too long ago.

My point is despite s2 doesn't have any high definition super sharp screen, no 5-8mp cam, no webkit browser, no 1ghz processor, no fancy ui, no games, no etc etc which deem as latest tech or the "in" thing. Ok maybe there's still a lot s2 out there having hardware or user inflicted software problem.

Reading unbias reports from those who already jump ship, I find some consolation that a 1 year old device still have its strong point and still capable of making jumper think that there is indeed some good in s2. It may not be a high end pretty device but as an owner of s2 till I get a new phone, I say s2 is a good device.

In my opionion, S2 is more than 2 year old technology. S2 was a bug-fix edition of what was lacking in S1, 2 years back. Otherwise both devices look and feel exactly the same with very few changes. even the OS looks and feels the same.

I used the S1 extensively for 9+ months and the only hardware change that i feel a user will notice is the inclusion of more App memory, Wi-Fi, electronic capacitive screen.
    07-16-10 03:25 AM
    Actually, what is the processor speed of storm1 and storm2?
    The Storm 1 utilizes the MSM7600 from Qualcomm[2] a dual core CPU with ARM11 400 MHz and ARM9 274 MHz. Essentially treated as a 524Mhz CPU.

Storm 2 is rumored to have the exact same CPU.
    07-16-10 03:39 AM
    In my opionion, S2 is more than 2 year old technology. S2 was a bug-fix edition of what was lacking in S1, 2 years back. Otherwise both devices look and feel exactly the same with very few changes. even the OS looks and feels the same.

I used the S1 extensively for 9+ months and the only hardware change that i feel a user will notice is the inclusion of more App memory, Wi-Fi, electronic capacitive screen.
    You are absolutely right about that.
    07-16-10 04:19 AM
    Can anyone tell me the exact date and year of first storm2 was launch?

It was released October 28, 2009; I had mine the 29th!

07-16-10 05:21 AM
    Nice report, taimuramjad (wow...what a name, not even sure how to pronounce it, lol). I'm not so sure I agree about the camera being "great" I find it to be pretty mediocre, but otherwise, I agree with what you said and it's well presented, good job!

I consider myself a power user of the BB Storm2. I graduated from S1 to S2 4 months after S2 launch.

Here is a Love and Hate comparison of things i use the S2 for everyday:
    1. 150-200 emails a day
    2. Simulteneous Always-on connected to Linked Inn, MSN, BBM, facebook, Twitter, Emails
    3. Great Camera! Fills the gap nicely when carrying my DSLR is overkill
    4. GPS Apps for voice navigattion and getting me to those tough to find places
    5. Excellent media player that allow all of the above Apps to run in the background
    6. Swappable HC Mini SD card meaning i can carry unlimited storage of all my media anywhere i go and swap between cards without turning off the phone. My main SD card is 16GB with 7 HD movies downsized and8 Gigs of Music
    7. Stereo bluetooth means no HEAD Phone wires!!!! i use sony stereo bluetooth headset when i am exercising or trailing on my mountain bike without entangled wires!!
    8. Large Screen!! I have made power point presentations to my clients on the go, when i found a customer flying on the same flight as me!! Actually closed a sale once through the same presentation on the S2!
    9. Emails with .PDF, .xlsx, .pptx can also be viewed on the S2 screen. I actually review all the sales reports from my team on the S2 and end up not touching my notebook PC at all when i am traveling.
    10. Love how rugged and scratch proof it is! dropped it several times what was funny was, my wife dropped it in the car between the seats where the screen went scratching agains the metal pointed edges of the base under the seat. she took it out and grinned: well luckily your S2 screen is scrath proof :P
    11. In the end-i do all of the above with this S2 with the ability ro recieve phone calls any time and anywhere (in the world)
    12 Wi-fi capcbility means i can access fast internet any where in the world where hotspots are available

Hate:
    1. Crappy and boring user interface (Thank god for Themes!)
    2. Buggy Capacitive touch screen implementation. Results in occasional sticky keys or stiff screen - have to admit has reduced to 10% of what it was alike originally - seems it gets better with each new OS release
    3. incomplete GSM features on the S2 9550 so some GSM features like call waiting, call forwarding and conference calling missing in the OS menus

My past smart phones include:
    Imates
    HTCs
    iPhone
    BB Pearl
    BB S1

The BB S1 was exactly the same in capcbilities except the WIFI.

Love what the S2 does for me.
    07-16-10 03:57 PM
    Nice report, taimuramjad (wow...what a name, not even sure how to pronounce it, lol). I'm not so sure I agree about the camera being "great" I find it to be pretty mediocre, but otherwise, I agree with what you said and it's well presented, good job!
    I'm with you on the camera comment. We have a little Sony DSC-W170 which is just a mediocre (but nice) digicam and it takes pictures an order of magnitude better than the Storm's. AAMOF, I was comparing images (of the same scene) last night and was not happy with the lack of detail in the storm's photos. But then, it's JUST A PHONE and I seldom need any photos that require "perfection". Usually I use it to take close ups of product info on store shelves. We use the Sony for vacation or family photos, rather then rely on our cell phones.
    07-16-10 04:40 PM
    Wt!!! Dropped my s2 5mins ago.....thank goodness my otterbox commuter save my day!

07-16-10 09:40 PM
    Wt!!! Dropped my s2 5mins ago.....thank goodness my otterbox commuter save my day!

I've got insurance on our phones--the only model cell I've ever insured, primarily because of the touchscreen. I've dropped my LG more times than I can count, on blacktop and concrete and because it's a clamshell phone, the most that happens to it is a little scratch or two and sometimes the battery is dislodged. A storm wouldn't fare that well if dropped under the same circumstances.
    07-16-10 10:31 PM
227 ... 56789 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD