OK this is my first time to unlock a phone. So I got the unlock code and it worked I got sms txting and can make phone calls bye following the directions.

So now I have went on to the hard part for 3 days I have been trying to get the internet and mms txting working with no luck. I follow the direction using crackutil, and the results are always the same. The brower is not usable. the edge is in small letters and I am about to chunk this thing out the window.

so lets go over what I did,

I have a sim card I was using on another smart phone. This has the same package dataplan as used on AT&Ts Blackberrys according to a rep for at&t (in case you were wondering)

So I open up crakutil file manipulation tab, retrieve file listing, scroll down to module net_rim_bb_browser_daemon remove file from device then phone reboots come back up with the exception error

open desktop manager backup and restore advanced open att service book add to database hit back button to main screen close desktop manager.

open crakutil file manipulation load file and doble click device reboots and still no internet

so went to options, advanced options browser only see hotspot browser click on it nothing happens

so went to tcp/ip changed logg in like it said apn wap.cingular Username:
    [email protected] Password: cingular1 save still have edge not EDGE

my other question is would edge show even if there is no EDGE in the area?

with me so far. ok so what am I leaving out I see so many sucess stories. what am I not doing that is keeping me off the EDGE. Please help me before I use and edge to slit my wrist.(just joking please don't send the cops to my house)

please help and TIA

Peter
    Last edited by PLBPRODUCTIONS; 05-09-10 at 10:29 PM.
    05-09-10 10:26 PM
    I know you mention that you have a data plan that is blackberry according to the AT&T rep. I would probably double check that. You mention your sim came from a smartphone previously. If your smartphone had a data plan previously, it most likely was not a blackberry plan if you smartphone was not a blackberry. There are separate data plans for smartphones and blackberry.
    05-10-10 12:13 AM
    I know you mention that you have a data plan that is blackberry according to the AT&T rep. I would probably double check that. You mention your sim came from a smartphone previously. If your smartphone had a data plan previously, it most likely was not a blackberry plan if you smartphone was not a blackberry. There are separate data plans for smartphones and blackberry.
    That is correct. The plan will need to be switched to a BlackBerry data plan. It will cost $30/month, just like the other AT&T smartphone plans.
    05-10-10 12:15 AM
    That is correct. The plan will need to be switched to a BlackBerry data plan. It will cost $30/month, just like the other AT&T smartphone plans.
    that is the plan i got the 30 a month plan for unlimeted internet minutes
    05-10-10 02:39 AM
    Have you resent to service books looks like that's what's your missing

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-10-10 09:38 AM
    Ok here is the skinny. Don't rely on the first person at ATT to tell you you have the right sim card blackberry data package. thats is it works fine and I am surfing yeahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Peter
    05-10-10 03:37 PM
    Glad it worked out. Welcome to Crackberry.
    05-11-10 12:09 AM
    Did you ever get the MMS to work? That has been my only issue!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-13-10 10:21 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD