1. rampage918's Avatar
    Do you think that the poor talk about the Storm 1 will reduce Verizon's sale of the storm 2? Also do you think Verizon has the update and are just waiting for the right moment to release it so that it gives them a positive spin on why people should buy the storm 2?
    05-15-09 04:57 PM
  2. Arreat's Avatar
    I really don't think it will make a huge difference in sales. At least in the past with blackberry it didn't but the storms target at a more consumer audience also targets people with less disposable income to instantly upgrade their phones to the newest version like business users used to or entire businesses would, I don't think I know of a single cooperation that hands out Storms as their business phones. Though people with money will buy the Storm 2 anyway, I know I will just because I like to have these phones around and have the money to blow on them, but I do believe a majority of people locked into contracts after the Storm1 will not be so keen on spending another $600 for Wi-Fi.

    I also believe the OS is legitimately held up. There have been a few cases where we've heard of them denying what we know as recent builds(.141) for release because they failed to meet standards. I think once Verizon finds an OS they like they'll release it regardless of what the Storm 2 is doing. But also if they are developing for the Storm 2 it might also be a little easier to just catch up to 5.0 on that phone, and do a quick mod to swap it over to the Storm if the hardware is anything close to being the same.
    05-15-09 05:05 PM
  3. rampage918's Avatar
    And that's one of the reasons I bought the Storm, I knew this was just the beginning and something sooner or later will break. I do hope that the talks of storm 2 just brings updates for the original storm users.
    05-15-09 05:16 PM
  4. ntborg's Avatar
    I wont buy the storm 2 unless they fix the bugs in storm 1. My luck would be buy storm 2 and wait for storm 3 to fix bugs in storm 2. What to do what to do ayeeeeee
    05-15-09 05:26 PM
  5. EnergyPlus's Avatar
    I agree. It seems that if Storm 1 is still so buggy, why come out with a whole new version until they at least get the first one to perform reasonably well. I like (note I said "like" not "love") my Storm, got it on release day and I'm still running .75, but I"m getting SICK AND TIRED of voice dial freezing and other little bugs and VZW keeping absolute silence on the issue.

    Hey, think the 2 will ship with .75?? :::: ducking ::::
    05-15-09 05:31 PM
  6. Dyzrv's Avatar
    I agree^^^^^^

    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-15-09 05:51 PM
  7. rampage918's Avatar
    I wont buy the storm 2 unless they fix the bugs in storm 1. My luck would be buy storm 2 and wait for storm 3 to fix bugs in storm 2. What to do what to do ayeeeeee
    And I don't think anyone should or there will just be more complaints filling this website.
    05-15-09 06:28 PM
  8. corymcnutt's Avatar
    People are so flaky, that half the people complaining about their Storm, will IMMEDIATELY run out and get the Storm 2...it's human nature! I was going to get a Storm at the end of July when my NE2 was available, but now I will wait for the S2...now that I've seen an actual photo, I feel it's just up the road...certainly before the holidays when everybody wants to spend.
    05-15-09 06:50 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD