..... it had the old roller wheel.

I am a corperate user who needs to have a BlackBerry but likes the multimedia and gadgets. I love the touch screen for navigation and don't mind it for text input but why would i want my finger in the way of the screen when i am reading a 10 page email! If the storm had a roller whell like my old Nextel BB 7100i it would be the perfect device and set it apart from all the other touch sceens out there. The wheel would do a better job of bridging the gap for long time BB users who loved the wheel and put up with the ball but are not sure about the click screen. The wheel could replace the volume buttons in portrait mode with a back button just like before. 80% of what i use the blackberry for I would never need to get me greasy fingerprints on its beautful screen.

Bring back the wheel!
    Bring back the wheel!
    Bring back the wheel!
    Bring back the wheel!
    Bring back the wheel!
    12-18-08 08:20 PM
    I loved the wheel on my 8700

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-18-08 08:24 PM
    what didn't you guys like about the trackball? i heard it accumulates a lot of dust.
    12-18-08 08:27 PM
    jesus ... i touch screen device would be pointless with a roller wheel .....
    12-18-08 08:29 PM
    I was thinking about the Storm with a trackball a few days ago. Would be nice.
    12-18-08 08:29 PM
    The trackball would have to be at the bottom of the device and that may make it akward to use. The wheel could be intigrated into this device very easily. But i would take either.
    12-18-08 08:33 PM
    ..... it had the old roller wheel.

I am a corperate user who needs to have a BlackBerry but likes the multimedia and gadgets. I love the touch screen for navigation and don't mind it for text input but why would i want my finger in the way of the screen when i am reading a 10 page email! If the storm had a roller whell like my old Nextel BB 7100i it would be the perfect device and set it apart from all the other touch sceens out there. The wheel would do a better job of bridging the gap for long time BB users who loved the wheel and put up with the ball but are not sure about the click screen. The wheel could replace the volume buttons in portrait mode with a back button just like before. 80% of what i use the blackberry for I would never need to get me greasy fingerprints on its beautful screen.

Bring back the wheel!
    Bring back the wheel!
    Bring back the wheel!
    Bring back the wheel!
    Bring back the wheel!
    Then you would have a Bold. lol.
    12-18-08 08:42 PM
    I don't care what you would call it, it would be a Bold with a larger screen that works in landscape without a keyboard. What use do you get out of the volume buttons on the storm? All i am saying is more usable interface options can't be anything but good.
    12-18-08 08:46 PM
    What use do you get out of the volume buttons on the storm?
    Volume control....
    12-18-08 08:51 PM
    lol got me there
    12-18-08 08:52 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD