So...

Is The User Not Going To Push All The Buttons Once They Buy It?

The Curves on Display Are Fine...

The 8830WE's on Display Are Fine...

The Bold's On Display Are Fine...
    Of course the user is going to push all the buttons. But the user who purchased the phone, will push with much greater care and attention. Yes, they are "fine", but it is like trying out a car that has 175,000 miles on it to see if you would like it.
    03-11-09 10:24 AM
    ^you totally missed Pradas point

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-11-09 01:23 PM
    If your going to "upgrade" be well aware that your going from a great phone to something you may not be prepared for.

The benefits of the Storm:

-Improved muscle tone in the delts and upper back (from the tremendous amount of reps doing battery pulls)

-70+ hours a week on crackberry installing beta/deleting beta/reinstalling beta/deleting beta/wiping beta/reinstalling beta/deleting beta/reinstalling old os.

-Get to finally buy that $300 Dyson vacuum cleaner you had your eye on.

-Get to know exactly the times Fed Ex picks-up and delivers packages down to 1/100th of a second

-Your able to hide clutter from your house and/or room(s) behind the battery cover for clicking issue. Good for kids who's mom and dad always complain about messy rooms.

-Wanting to make that sex tape but scared somebody will see it? No worries it's 100% safe. Nobody will be able to watch it including you.

-Tired of Super Glue bottles drying out from non-use? Not anymore, you can now get a lot of applications out of it gluing your send and recieve buttons on.

-Creditors calling you constanly? Not a problem. You will miss a lot of calls by the phone simply not ringing.

-Like to watch movies with out any interuptions? Reboot your phone and by the time the movie is finished the phone will have finally booted up.

-Like to look like a busy professional on your phone? You will while waiting for webpages to load. If you want to look like the serious professional start typing in those web pages.

-Addicted to getting new phones from Fed Ex. Perfect phone for you. *disclaimer: they are called refurbs but they will nontheless feed your addiction*

-Family tired of your drinking/drug problem and want you to get treatment? Blame it on your Storm. They tell you thats a cop out. Lend it to them for a day. Your off the hook.

-Don't like your boyfriend/girlfriend to BBM you constantly? Not a problem. Tell them it locks up on you. They WILL call you a liar. When upon hearing that meet them in person and have them send you one. Case closed and you look great for not being a liar. Win-win situation when using a Storm.

-Compulsive liar and have a lot to hide from husband/wife and/or boyfriend/girlfriend? theStorm is the perfect phone for getting you out of any mess."I swear baby I didnt get your text" "I missed your call Yes all night! This phone gets horrible reception! Look at the bars now they are all over the place" "Baby I know you BBM'd me but remember?

There are many benefits to owning the Storm as you can see. The Curve will not give you any of these benefits so the choice is ultimately up to you.

Good luck.................
    Oh, man that was hilarious. This must be the funniest post I've ever read on this forum. The sad thing is that I can relate to some of it, though.
    03-11-09 01:52 PM
    All the problems these people are ******** at HAVE NOT happened to me. The only problem i've had was a couple app error reboots when I had earlier OS installed, and that was corrected by deleting a couple of the apps that weren't actually made for the Storm. If you are considering buying the Storm, and want a honest perspective then please ignore Cereal Killer. If you want proof of that then look at his past posts. He spends all his time ripping a phone he doesn't even have. Also consider the fact that people who are happy with a phone aren't going to troll around the rant and rave section posting about how much they like their phone. Instead their either using their phone or trying out Apps to use with it.

Before upgrading from my 8703 to the Storm I tried the Curve out for 30 days. It was a solid phone, but was pretty hum drum. I do miss the keyboard, but I don't type out long emails so its not that big of a deal. The Storm keyboard is also something you get used to as you go along, and your typing time will NOT be cut by 3/4. If your looking for a multimedia phone that works pretty darn well with the latest OS then grab the Storm. If your looking to stay more business oriented then stay with the Curve. The Niagara of course is another story.
    03-11-09 02:07 PM
    ^you totally missed Pradas point

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Would have to dissagree. I think the display models of ALL Blackberry's and phones are messed up. I have tried them all. If I had gone by the display, I would have never bought my Q. But, mine works fine. The memory stays cleaned out, It doesn't make some awful chime when it starts, I hit one button--and get voicemail without inputting passwords and all that, it doesn't lock up, reboot spontaneously, etc. The "Floor Model" barely truned on. It is the same with ALL the Blackberry's in the VZW store. Not just the Storm.
    03-11-09 03:14 PM
    just watch how defensive the curve owners are

THAT's what it feels like to own outdated tech

pwnt
    You are so right! I need to go post in the Rant forum for the Curves about all the recurring issues people have had with it...

Oh wait.

EDIT

There are 2 phones the reps at Bell warned me about. One was the LG Chocolate, they actually said it was still on the wall only because of contractual obligation. They try not to sell it, period. The other was the Storm. Two reps had used it and reverted back to their Curves because of all the problems they had with it, and ones that were coming back.

No thanks. And it sucks, because I really wanted a Storm, but not until they get their act together. I would rather have old RELIABLE tech than a phone that can't be reliable. Isn't that the point of a cell phone?
    Last edited by reeneebob; 03-11-09 at 05:04 PM.
    03-11-09 04:59 PM
31 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD