03-11-09 04:59 PM
31 12
tools
    I love my Curve. Anyone care to comment on the value of upgrading?
    Thanks.
    03-09-09 10:41 PM
    wait for the Niagara sometime around May. The Storm is not worth the money and wasting your upgrade.

That is from someone who likes their Storm. Image the rest.
    03-09-09 10:43 PM
    what he said^
    03-10-09 02:00 AM
    The Storm's benefits:
    - Revision-A data speeds (faster than Curve/Pearl/8830)
    - 3.2 MP Camera
    - Big Screen (great for multimedia and viewing web pages)
    - Very loud speaker for music
    - Improved web browser
    - 3 Keyboards: QWERTY, SureType, Multi Tap
    - New O.S. (very pleasing to the eye, IMO)
    - Dedicated screen-lock button (it keeps your 2 convenience keys freed up)

I hope this helps. These are the key factors I considered when I replaced my Curve, which is one of the best handsets I've ever had.

If you can adjust to the touch screen and you're willing to deal with some of the quirks, give the Storm a try.

Good luck with your decision.
    03-10-09 02:32 AM
    The storm is great. When you read complaints and gripes, remember you are getting more insight about the bitcher than the storm.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-10-09 06:52 AM
    If you can adjust to no keyboard it is well worth the upgrade. I am on my second first had screen click problem. Other than that no problems with current storm.
    03-10-09 12:01 PM
    The Storm is extremely buggy and laggy. If you need a reliable phone look somewhere else, if you want a toy to tinker around with get the Storm.
    03-10-09 12:13 PM
    Or the iPhone
    03-10-09 12:55 PM
    I too currently have an 8330 Curve which I like, but would like a new BB. I'm tempted to try the Storm -- I've spent well over an hour with it in the VZ store and there were many things I liked about it. I don't mind not having a keyboard, but then again I wasn't trying to bang out an email in a hurry either. I do like the idea of a device more suited to media as my 2 month old iPod touch found it's untimely death in the toilet last week (I've heard all the jokes already...)
    So I too ask for those of you that like/love the Storm - why, what makes you like it/love it? Why should I shoot my upgrade on it?
    03-10-09 01:09 PM
    the curve is the upgrade keep it.

the camera hasn't fuctioned properly on any OS.
    the keyboard is an epic fail. u can prolly type about a 1/4 as fast as ur curve.
    i could keep going but im sure u get the point and hope u have read a thing or two.
    03-10-09 02:53 PM
    the curve is old and boring

but it is reliable. and if you need to type tons, you should obviously keep the hardware keyboard. (different strokes for different folks)

that doesn't change the fact that for me, its old boring and outdated

i upgraded to the storm
    03-10-09 02:55 PM
    i might be part of the minority, but yes, take the storm plunge.
    03-10-09 02:56 PM
    Thanks.
    Don't you mean 'downgrading?'
    03-10-09 03:01 PM
    It's all relative, really.
    03-10-09 03:13 PM
    Save it for the 9630. I like my Storm but the issues are just not worth it with the 9630 coming soon.
    03-10-09 03:16 PM
    Thanks.
    If your going to "upgrade" be well aware that your going from a great phone to something you may not be prepared for.

The benefits of the Storm:

-Improved muscle tone in the delts and upper back (from the tremendous amount of reps doing battery pulls)

-70+ hours a week on crackberry installing beta/deleting beta/reinstalling beta/deleting beta/wiping beta/reinstalling beta/deleting beta/reinstalling old os.

-Get to finally buy that $300 Dyson vacuum cleaner you had your eye on.

-Get to know exactly the times Fed Ex picks-up and delivers packages down to 1/100th of a second

-Your able to hide clutter from your house and/or room(s) behind the battery cover for clicking issue. Good for kids who's mom and dad always complain about messy rooms.

-Wanting to make that sex tape but scared somebody will see it? No worries it's 100% safe. Nobody will be able to watch it including you.

-Tired of Super Glue bottles drying out from non-use? Not anymore, you can now get a lot of applications out of it gluing your send and recieve buttons on.

-Creditors calling you constanly? Not a problem. You will miss a lot of calls by the phone simply not ringing.

-Like to watch movies with out any interuptions? Reboot your phone and by the time the movie is finished the phone will have finally booted up.

-Like to look like a busy professional on your phone? You will while waiting for webpages to load. If you want to look like the serious professional start typing in those web pages.

-Addicted to getting new phones from Fed Ex. Perfect phone for you. *disclaimer: they are called refurbs but they will nontheless feed your addiction*

-Family tired of your drinking/drug problem and want you to get treatment? Blame it on your Storm. They tell you thats a cop out. Lend it to them for a day. Your off the hook.

-Don't like your boyfriend/girlfriend to BBM you constantly? Not a problem. Tell them it locks up on you. They WILL call you a liar. When upon hearing that meet them in person and have them send you one. Case closed and you look great for not being a liar. Win-win situation when using a Storm.

-Compulsive liar and have a lot to hide from husband/wife and/or boyfriend/girlfriend? theStorm is the perfect phone for getting you out of any mess."I swear baby I didnt get your text" "I missed your call Yes all night! This phone gets horrible reception! Look at the bars now they are all over the place" "Baby I know you BBM'd me but remember?

There are many benefits to owning the Storm as you can see. The Curve will not give you any of these benefits so the choice is ultimately up to you.

Good luck.................
    03-10-09 04:03 PM
    OMG That Made Me LOL

And The Funniest Part Is That It's All True...

Just Spend Some Time In The Rants Sub Forum For Your Proof.
    03-10-09 04:08 PM
    LOL! This thread will get even better in a minute. *waits on Bigman2*
    03-10-09 04:12 PM
    I think the one's in the store are all buggered up...too many people pushing all the buttons, so I don't think we get a good feel for the phone.
    03-10-09 04:15 PM
    So...

Is The User Not Going To Push All The Buttons Once They Buy It?

The Curves on Display Are Fine...

The 8830WE's on Display Are Fine...

The Bold's On Display Are Fine...
    03-10-09 04:21 PM
    Man that was funny! If only because I can relate to it all!

I love BlackBerrys but I have to say that I am glad to finally see some posts on these forums that tell the Storm-owning experience like it really is.

03-10-09 04:33 PM
    just watch how defensive the curve owners are

THAT's what it feels like to own outdated tech

pwnt
    03-10-09 04:36 PM
    They have 'outdated' tech that new better than the newer tech. What's so 'pwnt' about that?
    03-10-09 04:38 PM
    Maybe I wait for the Niagra then play with it & see which I like better.

03-10-09 05:18 PM
    LMAO cereal killer that was the funniest thing I have EVER read on the crackberry forum. I am curve owner scouring the storm forums because i"m thinking of buying the storm...Glad I came across your post. lol too funny. That fact that alot of storm owners agree with it though make me really second guess buying the storm!
    03-11-09 12:18 AM
31 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD