Is the storm worth buying now? I tried it when it first came out and I did not like it at all. Have the updates helped? Is it worth getting now or is there still bugs to work out?
    02-01-09 09:31 AM
    I'm wondering the same thing, is it worth it now?
    02-01-09 09:36 AM
    it looks great and I wanted to get it but I have a curve now that works great so I am wondering if it is worth getting yet.
    02-01-09 09:45 AM
    The Storm gets better with every firmware upgrade. So yes it's a great time to own a Storm.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-01-09 10:41 AM
    After I did the hide event log fix everything works so much better now. I couldn't be happier and I'm running on .75

02-01-09 10:50 AM
    beauty is in the eye of the beholder. i recommend trying it yourself.

but since you asked, i think it is. im also a more patient person. if you're getting this with the expectation that it will be perfect in every way though, i think you'll be dissapointed for a while more. RIM has jumped leaps an bounds since the release day OS, but there are still a number of issues that aren't addressed yet.
    02-01-09 10:55 AM
    my biggest problem is trying it out. It is hard to sit in the store for hours and with something like this I would not know if I liked it or not until I had it for a while.
    02-01-09 11:12 AM
    my biggest problem is trying it out. It is hard to sit in the store for hours and with something like this I would not know if I liked it or not until I had it for a while.

Worry Free Guarantee
    02-01-09 11:51 AM
    agreed. if your really interested defiantly take advantage of verizon's 30day trial program. (that is if you are on verizon) you have 30 days to return a phone if it is not to your liking. 30 days should be plenty to decide if it is "worth" it to you.

for about the first week i had my storm i thought i made a mistake and was gonna return it. the more and more i spent on it the more i learned and now i can't put the thing down.
    02-01-09 11:57 AM
    You do have 30 days to take it back if you don't like it, and you're only stuck paying for the service you used.

Somehow escaping the mass ADD syndrome that seems to be sweeping western culture, I was never that bothered by even .65. It was slow and clunky, but working in IT, I've dealt with far worse on people's computers. Either some system so loaded down with spyware and other junk it literally takes over 5 minutes to boot, or someone running XP on a system with only 128MB of RAM, complete with integrated video siphoning off about 32MB of that. Compared to those experiences, even .65 was a speed demon. Each release since then has improved it even more.

But ultimately I think it depends on what you're looking for. If you want some all-in-one convergence device... MP3, GPS, game console, phone, PDA, etc... And each one of those things has to be as good as, or better than, every other offering on the market in each respective category... You'll probably be disappointed with the Storm. If you want something that is exactly like the Jesus Phone, only better, you will be disappointed. If you want a Blackberry with a big beautiful touch screen, you will be quite happy.
    02-01-09 11:59 AM
    Try it. Use crackbery to learn how to use. Use the 30 days you get to try it out. I love the phone now. I didnt really like it, but after i learned how to use it correctly. I could not go with out it. i hate using other non-storm blackberry's. i keep trying to click the screen. lol
    Last edited by polar135; 02-01-09 at 12:21 PM.
    02-01-09 12:12 PM
    im so tired of these posts
    02-01-09 12:15 PM
    After I did the hide event log fix everything works so much better now. I couldn't be happier and I'm running on .75

Could you point me toward a thread with this fix? I did a quick search but there was a lot of crap to sift through. Thanks!
    02-01-09 12:20 PM
    agreed. if your really interested defiantly take advantage of verizon's 30day trial program. (that is if you are on verizon) you have 30 days to return a phone if it is not to your liking. 30 days should be plenty to decide if it is "worth" it to you.

for about the first week i had my storm i thought i made a mistake and was gonna return it. the more and more i spent on it the more i learned and now i can't put the thing down.
    That's only the bad thing, I am not a VZW customer. I am still wanting to get an unlocked Storm for at&t though.
    When things are first introduced into the market, they will have faults. I think it just depends on if the users who support the product complain enough to have whatever issue solved. I've found this out with some vehicle purchases I made. Spending alot of money on a new pricey vehicle does not mean it will not have many faults.
    02-01-09 12:53 PM
    I've always been hesitant in buying a BB, but i've owned mine for about a week and i can't seem to put it down. I highly recommend!
    02-01-09 01:01 PM
    ive always loved BBs, and i had a touchscreen phone before, so THAT transition wasnt't bad for me. andnow that there have been more and more OS updates and they are starting to x the bugs that the old ones have had, I'm getting more and mroe happy with my storm, PLUS the full screen is ILL for the browsing the web and many other things!
    02-01-09 01:03 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD