Hey, what is up with the Storm? I am currently locked down for another 2 years with Rogers. What is the browser like on this thing? Is it like my Bold - in that the web browsing is lame, youtube is virtually useless, etc.? Or is buying out of my contract going to be something I don't regret?
    03-28-09 09:22 PM
    I'd wait ....
    The new OS will be out (we hope) when your contract is up..
    03-28-09 09:28 PM
    no

03-28-09 09:31 PM
    Storm is a good phone but pretty much a touch screen bold with some firmware issues if your not all that happy with the bold the storm would not be a good choice.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-28-09 09:35 PM
    Hey, what is up with the Storm? I am currently locked down for another 2 years with Rogers. What is the browser like on this thing? Is it like my Bold - in that the web browsing is lame, youtube is virtually useless, etc.? Or is buying out of my contract going to be something I don't regret?
    The Bold is a great device. I would love to have one but now way in h3ll am I switching to ATT for it. Keep the Bold and wait for the storm to come out of its infancy problems.
    03-28-09 09:38 PM
    Personally,

I would never change carriers just to get a certain phone. If Rodgers provides good service why would you leave them just to get a Storm, there will be something better every 6 months.
    03-28-09 09:39 PM
    I was with TMo for a little over 11 years (would have been 12 in July). I signed a new contract with TMo in March '07 to get my wife and I bb pearls (loved them). I started looking at differnt phones in January, narrowed what I wanted down to either iPhone, Bold, or Storm. Didn't want ATT, so when that contract expired, I took all 3 lines that were on my TMo account and moved them to Verizon so that I could have a Storm (wife got a Curve, and 3rd phone got an EnV-2).

I have found some bugs that make me want to throw the phone against a wall (resetting in a call twice). But then I calm down and realize all the fun I have messing around with this phone. And now that I've found crackberry and leaked OS options to try, I am in techie heaven.

So would I buyout a contract to get a Storm? Def not, it's just a phone, and from what I hear the Bold is nice, if you get the 3G in your area so wait it out, in 2 years I'm sure there will be something 10 times better than the Storm waiting for you.
    03-28-09 09:53 PM
    If you are into web surfing, you should get the Storm because of the full screen landscape mode. When it comes to web surfing, SIZE DOES MATTER. All web sites are built in landscape mode, computer screens are in landscape mode, TV are made in landscape mode.....you get the point. Bold cannot compare to the Storm on web surfing.
    03-28-09 09:59 PM
    I am with AT&T and like you I considered switching just for the storm, but I waited and watched e-bay like a hawk until one came into a reasonable price range, and I just bought the phone and had it unlocked. Could be a possibility

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-28-09 11:49 PM
    Don't do the switch yet.

I actually tried a Bold this weekend and we did a couple of test, like the browser and speed and navigation.

I really impressed with the bold, I will be waiting for the niagara this summer, good bye storm.
    03-29-09 01:38 AM
    My opinion goes with armedtank. Don't change just because of the phone, it's a waste of money. If you really like the Storm, just get one on eBay and get it unlocked. That's what I did. Compared to the Bold, well, in my opinion, there really isn't much comparison between the two. They two different types of phone going after, what I believe are two different markets.

The Bold for me was really reliable... no problems other than a short battery life (I was running .237). As for the Storm, There were major problems with the OS and the data not working right, until I used a good hybrid to get a stable data connection. Even then, I still experience a hiccup or two through my use. So you need to weight the pros and cons of the two. But overall, remember that these phones come from a company that provides a business edge by allowing you to stay connected to others at any notice. They've only started to delve into the mainstream market.
    03-29-09 04:10 AM
    Buy an unlocked one there are STORMS on Kijiji Toronto Classifieds: Free Classified Ads for Toronto, Ontario for 350$ not worth to go into a hassle of contract thing !!!
    03-29-09 04:13 AM
    I switched carriers but not really for a phone. I had Sprint for almost 10 years and while I enjoyed the many phones I had with them, the last being the Instinct, the coverage in my area was unreliable. At work or at home I would have to roam to surf the internet or to make calls and would barely be able to do either. Now that I have switched to Verizon, I get full service at work and 2-3 bars at home. To answer your question, don't switch just because of a phone. If you have good service with your current provider when you need it, stick with it and buy one off eBay. I switched out of necessity and just happened to end up with a Storm
    03-29-09 09:20 AM
    Personally,

I would never change carriers just to get a certain phone. If Rodgers provides good service why would you leave them just to get a Storm, there will be something better every 6 months.
    Totally agree with this statement! I can't imagine changing carriers and bill payment setups, maybe even a new phone number if they can't keep the same one..all for a phone that I will be replacing in a year anyway.

Then, imagine, you switch carriers and decide the Storm sucks (which, it does btw IMHO). That would suck.
    03-29-09 09:22 AM
    Thanks for the advice all. I suppose I'll have to stick with my Bold for the time being. Perhaps give an iPhone a consideration and switch between the two.
    03-29-09 01:53 PM
    storm is an awesome phone, i couldnt b more happier owning mines, i cant stand the lack of support from rim/verizon though though
    03-29-09 01:54 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD