OK. I had perfect syncing with BES and my new Storm for two weeks and then Wednesday it stopped working. I pulled battery, re-activated, deleted my profile on BES and created a new one and re-activated. It worked for about 15 minutes and went down again.

Tonight I upgraded the Storm software to .75 and did enterprise activation over the air from home. Worked fine and for another 15 minutes I was up. I'm down again on the new software.

I'm a small office with only me on the BES and my administrator can't figure out what is wrong.

Any help or advice would be appreciated.

Thanks!
    12-05-08 09:15 PM
    Is the BES showing the correct carrier and version for your device? Stupid question I know, but I had my BES Activation process fail right after the .75 update and the first thing me and the BES guy noticed was that the BES showed my account and device, but wasn't able to get the version or carrier.

We deleted the account completely, and I did a device wipe. Then I just let it run for ~ 2 hour w/ no email. Then we created a new account and made sure to use a diff password (usually just reissue the same) and it worked like a charm.

From the IT perspective, that fix has no logical reason for working ... but just sharing what I can.
    12-05-08 09:28 PM
    when you say you are down can you be more specific? cant send or recieve? browse?
    12-05-08 09:57 PM
    I can't send, receive or browse. I can get personal email over the gmail app and I can do Facebook app.
    12-06-08 07:07 AM
    Same issue here. Post upgrade to .75 all enterprise operations have ceased. Looks like attempting to reactivate the existing account fails - I guess thats normal? (this is my first BB).

Is it normal to lose BES service after doing a software upgrade? I assume the only way to fix this is to work with our BES admin?
    Last edited by zilch321; 12-06-08 at 07:31 AM.
    12-06-08 07:28 AM
    If you are the only user on your bes I think your admin needs to get on the phone with support
    Depending on his experience he may want to take a look at the bes logs however it may be difficult to decipher them

I can't send, receive or browse. I can get personal email over the gmail app and I can do Facebook app.
    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-06-08 08:15 AM
    I'll see if I get get him to do that. In the meantime, anyone else have this problem and found a solution?
    12-08-08 10:32 AM
    I resolved my BES connectivity issue this morning.

First I logged into the corp vpn, got Outlook fired up and then plugged the BB in with the enterprise manager running. Not much good.

Blew the phone out to to factory default and then repeated the steps above. This time the system identified my phone as needing enterprise activiation and the activation pushed itself through.

Talking with one of the blackberry admins they have seen this happen before but couldnt explain why. They suggested that part of the BES profile on the phone might have somehow been damaged during the upgrade but not enough for the blackberry to think anything was wrong. Very strange.

One thing I noticed, it doesn appear to have preserved any of my applications during the backup process, all the apps I had downloaded to the phone were missing upon restore.
    12-08-08 10:56 AM
    Is blowing it out to factory default the same as "wiping" it?
    12-08-08 12:05 PM
    man, atleaast some of you can ACTIVATE BES. everytime i try to activate it, it would get stuck on the "activating...." part. -_-

any help?
    12-08-08 12:17 PM
    Activation to the BES can take 5/10min at least that seems to be the case for our servers. How long are you waiting for it to complete?

Dorf, yes, I basically did a total wipe. I found info on backing up 3rd party apps before a wipe, wish I had known about that before I went through that process.
    12-08-08 12:29 PM
    man, atleaast some of you can ACTIVATE BES. everytime i try to activate it, it would get stuck on the "activating...." part. -_-

any help?
    Check and see if your spam filter or junk email is blocking the activation email. If you don't have any indication that the email is getting to your organization, make sure you are on the correct plan. Providers are notorious for not knowing what plan you need to be on to connect to a bes. If you are lucky, your IT department has a service plan directly with RIM, and they can sometimes change your plan for you.
    12-08-08 12:44 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD