Yes, I'm doing a search now but I'm in somewhat of a hurry, so any quick answers would be appreciated.

Just took it off a full charge after the battery drained completely last night.

Upgraded to .103 the night before.

Tried to turn on this morning and it's not loading.

Suggestions?

UPDATED: See this post - http://forums.crackberry.com/showpos...5&postcount=13
    Last edited by 6157; 02-15-09 at 03:05 PM. Reason: Issue updated
    02-14-09 11:16 AM
    I have the same problem. I had my phone charging last night and woke up to it dead. How can it die if it was plugged in? I get a brief red led and the phone won't turn on.
    02-14-09 11:36 AM
    I had this happen to my phone and for what ever the reason it did not charge while plugged in. I brought it to VZW and they said it just needed to be charged, charged it on my car charger because I was out and it worked fine once it charged up a bit, have not had an issue on the house charger since
    02-14-09 12:53 PM
    I'm going to take my storm back tomorrow. This will be my 6th replacement.
    02-14-09 01:49 PM
    I'm going to take my storm back tomorrow. This will be my 6th replacement.
    lol...stop messing with the OS?
    02-14-09 01:59 PM
    lol...stop messing with the OS?
    It had nothing to do with that. I'm sure you have data correlating a Storm not holding it's charge and updating an OS, right? Mind your business if you have nothing to input.
    02-14-09 02:46 PM
    Sixth?!??! Wa happened? 11/21 original here (on .75)

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-14-09 03:08 PM
    battery pull and recharge
    02-14-09 03:23 PM
    I had this happen with 2 batteries. Each time phone battery was completly run down. First time, I thought I just had a battery failure since the other battery powered the phone up. Same thing happend a few days ago with second battery. Went to Verizon and had them put another battery in and phone powered up. They replaced phone with new battery. Tech said something in phone was shorting battery out.
    02-14-09 09:19 PM
    Had the same thing happen to me today, for some reason when I plugged the phone in thebattery didn't charge and then it completely shut off while still on the charger. I did a battery pull, plugged it back in and let it charge. Did another pull and it started right up. Weird..
    02-14-09 09:39 PM
    I agree - stop messing around with the OS. Leave that stuff to RIM and the true experts on Crackberry - its not for beginners or even more advanced users - just for those with ice water in their veins and enough time to recover from mistakes and bad luck.

Doctor Neutron
    02-14-09 09:48 PM
    I had this happen to my phone and for what ever the reason it did not charge while plugged in. I brought it to VZW and they said it just needed to be charged, charged it on my car charger because I was out and it worked fine once it charged up a bit, have not had an issue on the house charger since
    This is exactly what happened to me. I plugged it into my car charger and 15 minutes later my phone popped on, it took a full charge and I've had it off the charger since about 1:30, after some texting, some browsing, and an hour and a half and have 3 out of 5 bars left.

My phone has charged fine on previous charges with the RIM wall charger. Last night was my first charge with a retractable cord aftermarket charger but it was also in a poor wall socket, so I'm hoping it was the socket and not the charger or the fact that I completely drained the battery last night.
    02-14-09 10:26 PM
    I did a full charge last night on a different plug. It began to charge but I woke up this morning to a dead/unchargeable Storm.

It has been charging perfect on the RIM charger for a month. Last night I was using this BlackBerry Storm 9530 Retractable Home / Travel AC Charger (Black) | CasesLand.com - Cell Phone Accessories charger.

I also updated to .103 and I don't believe I put it on the charger after, so could it possibly be a OS issue? I searched and have only found battery life issues, which I obviously have as well, but none about actual charging issues. I'll be cross posting this to Leaked/Beta OS as well.

Is this a battery issue as some mentioned or perhaps a charging equipment using?

This is the first problem and of course I'm away from my house, so I don't have all the proper equipment to work it out. Thanks for any help.
    02-15-09 03:04 PM
    Same for me. Had on the charger all night, woke up to no charge. Updated to 109 and now its having charge issues. Did a battery pull and its now on charger again. Any thoughts on why this happens? anyone else on 109 this is happening too?
    02-28-09 08:45 AM
    Same for me. Had on the charger all night, woke up to no charge. Updated to 109 and now its having charge issues. Did a battery pull and its now on charger again. Any thoughts on why this happens? anyone else on 109 this is happening too?
    I haven't had this issue since the day of my original post. I used the same charger last night and it charged fine in a different plug.

I have heard of some people having issues when the phone goes completely dead, so maybe it's an issue there and it's best just not to let the phone go completely dead.
    02-28-09 02:06 PM
    I guess I spoke too soon.

Over the weekend, for two nights, I had charging issues with the same charger. It didn't take a charge at all and when I unplugged, I had to do a battery pull.

I had it plugged into my factory wall charger last night and no issues.

At least, for me, it seems to be a charger issue.
    03-03-09 03:02 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD