No matter what pc i connect it to my storm wont show up under my computer or sync with the desktop mgr. i always get an error. any suggestions?
    10-01-09 12:52 PM
    What is the error your getting? Are you enabling "Mass Storage Mode"
    10-01-09 01:07 PM
    As Jancy suggested, first, go to options>memory and make sure you have Mass Storage set to ON.

If that doesn't fix your problem, this has worked for many people:

link to a bat file fix here....Mass Storage issues? (Here's the fix) - PinStack Smartphone Forums
    Someone else wrote up these great instructions...
    1) Download the attachment from the above link to your desktop (you'll have to register at pinstack)
    2) Unzip it and run "BB Storage Activation new" in the unzipped folder. It will mention something about a boot rom.
    3) Connect your phone to your computer via USB. DOS window should indicate it found your phone and will initiate the fix
    4) Phone will reboot automatically. Disconnect the phone.
    5) When phone fully boots up again, reconnect. You should now see the two drives in windows explorer (assuming mass storage is enabled on your phone).
    10-01-09 01:32 PM
    I had an issue with the USB cable I was using. I plugged in with the cable that came with the phone and all was well.
    10-01-09 02:07 PM
    As Jancy suggested, first, go to options>memory and make sure you have Mass Storage set to ON.

link to a bat file fix here....Mass Storage issues? (Here's the fix) - PinStack Smartphone Forums
    1) Download the attachment from the above link to your desktop (you'll have to register at pinstack)
    2) Unzip it and run "BB Storage Activation new" in the unzipped folder. It will mention something about a boot rom.
    3) Connect your phone to your computer via USB. DOS window should indicate it found your phone and will initiate the fix
    5) When phone fully boots up again, reconnect. You should now see the two drives in windows explorer (assuming mass storage is enabled on your phone).
    Those are really good instructions
    10-01-09 03:43 PM
    Those are really good instructions
    Yeah...I probably stole them from you...ha ha ha. I've know about the pinstack fix for some time now, but the first time I saw these instructions I thought, man, that's well written...so I made a copy. At least I didn't try to pass them off as my own.
    10-01-09 06:57 PM
    Nice solution nice write up.
    10-01-09 07:54 PM
    This helped me out a lot. Many thanks to everyone who helped with this solution.
    10-02-09 12:19 AM

Wow very useful information by the way. Glad that you fixed your issue there.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-02-09 02:18 AM
    Thanks for the info....

But I still have an issue...the Bootrom screen (DOS) never pics up on my device???? Windows does...it prompts for action to take...

Any ideas?

FYI: the way I have it connected is through my flat panel (ie. pc to FP to device) could this be of any help?

Thanks for the help!
    10-02-09 01:07 PM
    Wow, This Is Really Helpful.
    10-02-09 01:19 PM
    Good stuff right here, worked great the first time!
    10-02-09 01:42 PM
    Thanks for the info....

But I still have an issue...the Bootrom screen (DOS) never pics up on my device???? Windows does...it prompts for action to take...

Any ideas?

FYI: the way I have it connected is through my flat panel (ie. pc to FP to device) could this be of any help?

Thanks for the help!
    To be safe I'd forego the flat panel and plug the cable directly to a USB jack on the PC.
    10-02-09 02:40 PM
    To be safe I'd forego the flat panel and plug the cable directly to a USB jack on the PC.
    I agree; there's never any sense in adding additional steps in any connection that can go wrong.
    (not just in a situation like this, but in any)
    10-02-09 03:36 PM
    can someone post this file here please ... wouldn't want to join a new forum just for one. TIA
    10-15-09 11:31 AM
    works great..
    10-17-09 05:13 PM
    10-17-09 06:05 PM
    okay i tried this but when the cmd window comes up it says hahanew isnt recognized as a internal or external command? and nothing will happen
    10-22-09 05:01 AM
    You need to extract the directory from the RAR file. You're running the batch file from within winzip. extract it to your desktop, then run the batch file. it'll work.
    11-01-09 08:12 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD