I have a storm and a 2008 mercedes r500. I cant get the contact to transfer to my car. My wife has a curve and the contacts sync with no problem. Any suggestions?
    05-18-09 06:22 PM
    In Bluetooth options, select your car's bluetooth name, press the BB button and select Transfer Address Book. For most this does work, but for me, I've never been successful in sending my contacts from any BB to any MB's I've had/have.
    05-18-09 06:25 PM
    tried that, didn't work. can't figure out why it works with the curve.
    05-18-09 07:01 PM
    Could be related to the number of contacts you have vs the number your wife has on her curve. I seem to remember reading somewhere that there is a limited number of contacts that can be transferred. I think that if you try to send too many the whole thing fails. Sorry I can't remember any more or where I read it. Hopefully somebody will chime in with a work around/solution for you.

Grey
    05-18-09 09:39 PM
    Check under the bluetooth device properties to see if Object Push and A2DP are available services. Works no problem with my lowly Ford
    05-18-09 09:54 PM
    Won't work with my acura tl either, yet my curve worked. Hummmm.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-18-09 09:58 PM
    When you first paired it did you watch the Storm's screen? I think it asked for permission the first time to send the contacts. Maybe delete it from your vehicle's system and try again?
    05-18-09 10:01 PM
    I just tried all different possible combinations of settings in my ML63 (which has the same COMAND interface and version as an R500) and no matter what I tried, it kept failing to send. Ugh.
    05-18-09 10:06 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD