I am trying to back up my Blackberry so I can upgrade a new OS and I keep getting the message about 3/4's of the way through the backup "ERROR BACKING UP DATABASE(S)" It right when it hits backing up smartcard options. I am running .132 OS currently and dont want to upgrade until I have it all backed up. Any Ideas????

Thank you
    05-04-09 04:45 PM
    Clear your browser cache and then try the back up again.
    05-04-09 04:47 PM
    That worked, Thank you !!!

Upgrading to NEW OS NOW!!!!!!!!!!
    05-04-09 04:53 PM
    what if clearing the browser cache doesn't do anything? Because I have done that numerous times and I still get that same error. Mine stops at Task Options then gives the error. I am currently using .141 trying to upgrade to .148 I was able to backup my 3rd party apps with no problem
    05-25-09 08:06 PM
    what if clearing the browser cache doesn't do anything? Because I have done that numerous times and I still get that same error. Mine stops at Task Options then gives the error. I am currently using .141 trying to upgrade to .148 I was able to backup my 3rd party apps with no problem
    Use the Advanced backup option on DM, and backup just a few databases at a time until you get the error. Then try backing up each of those individually until you pin down which one it is. When you find the one with the error, clear that one, and then you should be able to back everything up.
    Last edited by Morf32; 05-25-09 at 08:21 PM.
    05-25-09 08:16 PM
    I agree with Morf, but before doing that, in DM try clearing the Browser Data Cache in Backup/Restore>Advanced.

Sometimes that works when clearing on the phone does not. If it does not work use the procedure recommended by Morf.
    05-25-09 09:12 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD