I have had the Storm for 6 months-ish (This is honestly my 2nd. I lost my 1st in Ihop... please, do not ask >.<) and really love just about everything about it. I am not some high rolling big shot off of wall street, rather a "simple" SAHM (Stay @ Home Mom) of two. Tween menu planing, homeschool stuff, being a social adult, and odd the other things I do the storm makes all my other mom friends drool... or it makes them scared "You want me to do WHAT? 'Push the screen'? Won't I brake it?!?!" Lol.

I am having two problems though, one I am fully unsure about and the other I would just like to confirm before I mess things up.

1) "Saved Messages": E-mail comes in, I told it to save, I take it out of my inbox, all good. I know where to find them, but what I do not know is ***How to get them off the bloody phone!***? Let me be clear, I see the option to forward and to replay, but what I want to do it some how (How I do not really care) be able to replay from my computer and not my storm. I mean, I know I could forward them to myself then get them IMAPed from Google to Outlook, but that seems a little extensive. Once I figured this was not as simple as I though it should be I stopped and going forward I no longer am saving e-mails on my phone. ***Can I really not sync e-mail from my BB desktop? Only memos, calender, tasks, and address book?*** I have tired looking on the boards, but only come up with "Where can I find them?!?" and not "How do I get it off of the phone?"

2) My Screen: I am having the problem were the screen is a little depressed, and I am having a hard time clicking. This is in the lower part of the screen (when vertical) mostly on the right. I just want to confirm that I should try tweaking the screws under the back cover (the one under the red dot and the one across from it)? If I mistaken please let me know!

TIA!

EDT: I am running my storm on 4.7.0.113... IDK if this information is helpful, but I though I might add whatever I can upfront.
    Last edited by onlyAngil; 05-22-09 at 03:25 PM. Reason: More Information
    05-22-09 02:24 PM
    Hey there. The first question i am not sure how to answer, however the second one I might be able to help.
    I had the same screen click problem and rather then screwing with the hardware, all I did, is take a business card, cut it to the exact size of the space under the battery, and placed it there...then put the battery back, the cover back on and the cllick will improve....
    05-22-09 02:30 PM
    it's basicially just putting a little tighter force on the back end of the screen......pretty harmless and effective
    05-22-09 02:31 PM
    Hey there. The first question i am not sure how to answer, however the second one I might be able to help.
    I had the same screen click problem and rather then screwing with the hardware, all I did, is take a business card, cut it to the exact size of the space under the battery, and placed it there...then put the battery back, the cover back on and the cllick will improve....

Duuuude, Thank you!

While I do not have any business cards around, I am rather crafty and have bristol board, (Acid Free, Ultra Smooth, 2ply) fancy paper for art class. OOOoooOO. It worked like a charm!

If I go to take this into the store for any reason, should I make sure to take that our first?
    05-22-09 02:46 PM
    1) "Saved Messages": E-mail comes in, I told it to save, I take it out of my inbox, all good. I know where to find them, but what I do not know is ***How to get them off the bloody phone!***? Let me be clear, I see the option to forward and to replay, but what I want to do it some how (How I do not really care) be able to replay from my computer and not my storm. I mean, I know I could forward them to myself then get them IMAPed from Google to Outlook, but that seems a little extensive. Once I figured this was not as simple as I though it should be I stopped and going forward I no longer am saving e-mails on my phone. ***Can I really not sync e-mail from my BB desktop? Only memos, calender, tasks, and address book?*** I have tired looking on the boards, but only come up with "Where can I find them?!?" and not "How do I get it off of the phone?"
    Are you talking about the BlackBerry.net emails? You can have them automatically forwarded to another email address. Let me know if that is what you mean first, and if you need me to, I can tell you how to do that.
    05-22-09 02:47 PM
    Duuuude, Thank you!

While I do not have any business cards around, I am rather crafty and have bristol board, (Acid Free, Ultra Smooth, 2ply) fancy paper for art class. OOOoooOO. It worked like a charm!

If I go to take this into the store for any reason, should I make sure to take that our first?
    yeah, I would...just cause it seems like a little rinky dinky home remedy type, and you never know if you get a VZW Rep or a VZW Nazi.....but for me this has worked like a charm, and I didn't have to buy a special screwdriver and actually mess with the hardware.......glad it worked for ya!
    05-22-09 02:49 PM
    tweaking the screws worked SO well for me. You might not even have to remove the water damage sticker (small circle sticker with a line through it covering one of the screws)

Get a T6 torx screwdriver, for like $5 from any hardware store and try loosening the screw, leave the battery in, put the faceplate back on, check the clicks, and then keep adjusting tighter or looser until it is where you want it. I'd suggest doing only quarter turns at a time just so you know how far you went from where it was when you started (and thus can put it back that way if needed)

I dropped my storm from about 4ft right on to marble tile, it was naked (no case/protection)

came out with a small scuff on the upper bezel where the mute symbol is. Screen and the rest of the hardware came away undamaged. The screen did, however lose the sweet click action i came to love and became "soft" to click in the corners making it kind of difficult to hit some buttons.

The torx screwdriver fixed it up back to where it was
    05-22-09 02:50 PM
    Are you talking about the BlackBerry.net emails? You can have them automatically forwarded to another email address. Let me know if that is what you mean first, and if you need me to, I can tell you how to do that.
    No, these are just normal e-mails that I clicked "save" on. BB button> Save
    (under file, above forward)
    05-22-09 02:58 PM
    No, these are just normal e-mails that I clicked "save" on. BB button> Save
    (under file, above forward)
    Ok... then you should be getting these same emails on your PC, correct? When you delete an email, it should give you the option of deleting on the device and the PC, or just deleting on the device. If you delete it just on the device, it should remain in the inbox on your PC.
    05-22-09 03:00 PM
    forward to yourself and reply from the PC.
    05-22-09 03:01 PM
    tweaking the screws worked SO well for me. ... The torx screwdriver fixed it up back to where it was
    I will keep this in mind if the card behind the battery stops working Thanks!
    05-22-09 03:02 PM
    I have had the Storm for 6 months-ish (This is honestly my 2nd. I lost my 1st in Ihop... please, do not ask >.<)
    Okay, i'm so sorry to do this..... But, I MUST ask...... Obviously you wanted someone to ask or you wouldn't have put "please, do not ask" *LOL*
    05-22-09 03:03 PM
    forward to yourself and reply from the PC.
    I guess it is the only way... pooh.

Ok... then you should be getting these same emails on your PC, correct? When you delete an email, it should give you the option of deleting on the device and the PC, or just deleting on the device. If you delete it just on the device, it should remain in the inbox on your PC.
    Yes, this is what I do now, but these are e-mail from before I learned and ONLY have them on my phone I guess I will just have to forward... again pooh.
    05-22-09 03:05 PM
    I will keep this in mind if the card behind the battery stops working Thanks!
    I would SERIOUSLY consider calling VZW and bugging them for a replacement if your screen click is wrong. I did the torx fix and while it worked, it was great. Unfortunately, one day when I was out and about, the screen got stuck in the depressed position and wouldn't fix itself. I ended up getting a refurb which clicks nicely.
    05-22-09 03:06 PM
    Yes, this is what I do now, but these are e-mail from before I learned and ONLY have them on my phone I guess I will just have to forward... pooh.
    Ooohhh... now I get it. I'm sorry. Yeah-- you'll have to forward them to yourself then.
    05-22-09 03:07 PM
    just curious, but what address are they being sent to that you want to respond from a PC? the @vzw.blackberry.net address? i have two yahoo, one gmail, and my askpatches@berryaddicted.com all on my device, and all but the last i can get access to and reply from my PC. unless i delete them first. but that goes without saying.
    05-22-09 03:16 PM
    Okay, i'm so sorry to do this..... But, I MUST ask...... Obviously you wanted someone to ask or you wouldn't have put "please, do not ask" *LOL*
    O dear god.dess. No, I put it because I DID NOT WANT SOMEONE TO ASK! >.< but because you asked:

Sigh, it was Easter, we just finished moving a load of stuff from one house to the other at the 3am. We were going from an egg hunt to home and wanted something that no one would have to cook. This was like the crap-i-est IHope ever + there were too many people for me to deal with on too little sleep, not to think of my two little ones who had slept though us moving stuff. I guess I left it on the window. When I knew it was gone and called they told me they had a cell phone, but due to a language barrier were unable to tell me if it was in fact my phone. So I drive over there only to find out it was not my phone... sigh. Leaving me with the case of the lost/ stolen phone... O did I tell you I had a 16gb card in there, and I had only had it for a little bit so I had not back it up, there for losing all my pic, appointments, etc.? *~* Back up new phone now in horror of if happening again *~* My life was doomed for a few weeks to fellow, I missed everything from Dr. to meeting up with friends. It sucked!
    Last edited by onlyAngil; 05-22-09 at 03:28 PM.
    05-22-09 03:20 PM
    just curious, how does SHAM = stay at home mom? shouldn't it be SAHM?
    05-22-09 03:22 PM
    just curious, but what address are they being sent to that you want to respond from a PC? the @vzw.blackberry.net address? i have two yahoo, one gmail, and my [e-mail removed due to me only making 7 posts] all on my device, and all but the last i can get access to and reply from my PC. unless i delete them first. but that goes without saying.
    only Google

just curious, how does SHAM = stay at home mom? shouldn't it be SAHM?
    It's a typo, I sux like that... it is fixed now :P
    05-22-09 03:27 PM
    only Google
    you have some messed up settings if the messages aren't in your inbox still....
    05-22-09 04:03 PM
    you have some messed up settings if the messages aren't in your inbox still....
    I told them to delete from both, being I though I would be able to get them off the phone... mer.
    05-22-09 04:06 PM
    PEB CAK....classic PEB CAK.
    05-22-09 04:16 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD