i just want to see what are the most crucial bugs that you would like to see get fixed first. mine are

1. the speed dial buttons often get confused and will switch numbers or simply not work, this is a hassel with no keyboard to simply start typing an address to call them

2. when answering the phone it often turns to landscape and back and I have a hard time answering the call on time. I dont know anybody that will talk on the phone in landscape so I would just keep in portrait when answering the phone

3. the cheek issue is huge for me. I have to use my shoulder to hold the phone often and it sometimes mutes or puts my call on speakerphone. When borught up to your face it should lock the screen.

these are my most important issues that I would love to see get fixed sooner than later. What are yours?
    11-27-08 01:35 PM
    As for the cheek issue use a bluetooth.
    Just a thought
    11-27-08 01:40 PM
    My Three Cents:

ONE: There needs to be a way to force contextual menus to display all options. I have a 3.5 mm-to-RCA I use to hook up my handset to the house system at my bar. The earphone jack recognizes the plug maybe 10% of the time; too often the BlackBerry menu won't even display Activate Headset (alongside Activate Speakerphone and Activate Handset) option. Even if this were cheap Radio Shack cable instead of Monster I would still blame RIM.
    TWO: I feel like a moron but I can't find the menu selection to make speakerphone the default for making calls. Sure, you can make the selection stick in visual voicemail, but it doesn't carry over to regular two-way phone calls. Why do I have to select speakerphone EVERY DAMN TIME? Please tell me I'm missing something, I've had this thing since November.
    THREE: I just typed this whole thing on the BlackBerry Storm. Yes, I had to backspace and re-type something. Once. I held down a letter too long and it got capitalized in the middle of a word. Everyone bellyaching about how hard it is to bang out their irrational diatribes on this thing needs to consider a thumb transplant. My glove size is large.
    12-30-08 09:23 PM
    What OS are you running? There have been some updates that fixed many of your issues and you can download TalkLock to take care of your cheek issue.
    12-30-08 09:59 PM
    better PIM calendar and task app. I use my phone primarily as a PDA and the calendar/task app needs help. Hopefully some good 3rd party apps like DateBk will be available soon.
    12-30-08 10:08 PM
    An easier way to search contacts or for contacts to pop up as I am dialing the number.
    12-30-08 10:14 PM
    FOUR: It is totally pointless to program your speed-dial if your intention is to SMS/MMS the recipient.
    This phone has made Google SMS a chore to use--amazing!
    FIVE: How's about a Select All option as a complement to Clear Field?
    SIX: Enough with the 5 MB limit already! Until Viigo implements its podcasting routine, the only options we have are low-res 3gp streams of low-merit content and Third-World YouTube fidelity.
    Real high-tech guys; where'd you hide the rabbit ears?

I want to love this phone and I'll gladly eat crow if anyone out there knows of fixes for these shortcomings (and, almost certainly, installments to follow).
    I am using 4.7.0.83. Crap, one more already:

SEVEN: No decimal point/period in the numbers keyboard?!? Are you on crack?
    12-31-08 09:27 PM
    For 7...

Press the numbers button. then then top right there is the period.
    12-31-08 09:37 PM
    8. Trackball

9. Wifi

10. good tethering software, wifi router would rule

11. optional surerpress

12. speed that comes any where near what you see in the commercial

13. pinch

14. flick
    12-31-08 10:42 PM
    SEVEN: No decimal point/period in the numbers keyboard?!? Are you on crack?
    That made me chuckle.
    12-31-08 10:46 PM
    "3. the cheek issue is huge for me. I have to use my shoulder to hold the phone often and it sometimes mutes or puts my call on speakerphone. When borught up to your face it should lock the screen."

This was a huge issue for me as well. Guess it depends on how you press the phone against your cheek because it would put my phone on mute.

I found the easy and free solution to this issue. Download and install a 3rd party app called screen lock by cell avant. A couple of seconds after placing the call, the app locks your screen. You can manually unlock it by scrolling your finger across the screen.
    12-31-08 11:59 PM
    01-01-09 12:03 AM
    Bb is all about efficiency. The feature of the accelerometer is efficient, but only when needed. What I mean is half the time simply pulling out the storm from the holster or any slight tilt causes it to go in landscape mode. Then your left waiting for it to go back to portrait and longer if there is a brief freeze.

I'm suggesting the accelerometer should be manually activated via menu key or the user could assign a convenience key to make the switch. This would keep the phone in the "ready" at all times. Or at least auto vs manual should be an option for power users like myself. Others may prefer auto.

One more thing, there should be a space key in suretype "num" lock keyboard. I use my bb to log my work outs at the gym. So obviously during that time I'm primarily working with numbers. However, when I need to space, I have to switch the keyboard. Thank you for your time.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-01-09 12:09 AM
    FIFTEEN: Tap screen to wake
    SIXTEEN: Swipe to navigate Back/Forward in browser
    SEVENTEEN: Swipe to switch between Call Log/Contacts/Keypad in phone
    01-03-09 02:46 AM
    8. Trackball

9. Wifi

10. good tethering software, wifi router would rule

11. optional surerpress

12. speed that comes any where near what you see in the commercial

13. pinch

14. flick
    Hopefully they come out with a storm 2 within two years that has all of those things especially the track ball.

01-03-09 06:22 AM
    The cheek problem you have, just download talklock from here: TalkLock (BETA) Touch Screen Lock for BlackBerry Storm

Its free, and 3 seconds into a call an Iphone-like slider pops up that locks the screen until you slide it. Just a suggestion.
    01-03-09 08:45 AM
    The cheek problem you have, just download talklock from here: TalkLock (BETA) Touch Screen Lock for BlackBerry Storm

Its free, and 3 seconds into a call an Iphone-like slider pops up that locks the screen until you slide it. Just a suggestion.
    01-03-09 08:47 AM
    What is pinch?

01-03-09 08:54 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD